Where is CJ?

#11XylarxcodePosted 4/17/2014 12:38:31 PM
Not sure if a topic like this needs it, but just to be safe *POSSIBLE SPOILERS AHEAD* Obviously...

-The only mentions or references to CJ and/or his family and gang I've seen in the game so far are when you pull into Grove street during a certain mission, you'll see some guys resembling CJ and Smoke riding past you.
-There's another mission where Franklin, Lamar and Trevor visit CJ's old childhood home to buy some drugs but get scammed in the process.
-And lastly, when Franklin and Lamar hang out, they might conversate on what happened to the old Grove Street gang and their disappearance; neither of them mention names and deliberately keep it vague, but they could be talking about the Johnson family and the gang they belonged to.
---
A good deed goes unnoticed, a bad one unpunished.
#12dsky9000Posted 4/17/2014 12:59:03 PM
Xylarxcode posted...
Not sure if a topic like this needs it, but just to be safe *POSSIBLE SPOILERS AHEAD* Obviously...

-The only mentions or references to CJ and/or his family and gang I've seen in the game so far are when you pull into Grove street during a certain mission, you'll see some guys resembling CJ and Smoke riding past you.
-There's another mission where Franklin, Lamar and Trevor visit CJ's old childhood home to buy some drugs but get scammed in the process.
-And lastly, when Franklin and Lamar hang out, they might conversate on what happened to the old Grove Street gang and their disappearance; neither of them mention names and deliberately keep it vague, but they could be talking about the Johnson family and the gang they belonged to.

I stated that earlier the mission is called Hood Safari if you kill two of the people that are on the bikes that pass you up before you turn to grove street they yell oh no CJ or oh no Sweet.
---
Love your enemies,do good to those who hate,bless those who curse you,pray for those who abuse you.
(www.myspace.com/nightvayne for all my decks.)
#13Part3Posted 4/18/2014 1:59:44 PM
My enjoyment is hampered by the lack of characters from older games too.

It keeps me awake at night, asking questions on Internet forums, "why isn't R* catering for my childhood memories by remaking the same game over and over again?"
---
---
http://i.imgur.com/XNdoyCg.gif
#14Dahk1Posted 4/18/2014 2:43:38 PM
Part3 posted...
My enjoyment is hampered by the lack of characters from older games too.

It keeps me awake at night, asking questions on Internet forums, "why isn't R* catering for my childhood memories by remaking the same game over and over again?"
---

Because casually wondering if there is a cameo is exactly the same as crying yourself to sleep at night about it. Yup, you nailed it.
---
PSN ID// Electric-Sharpie
#15FluffyKidJoePosted 4/20/2014 2:12:50 AM
Franklins aunt Denise is probably CJs ex girl friend Denise. She's about the right age and supports the gang. Seems like more then a coincidence.

I like that they don't over do it with the references to older GTAs. Even Lesters passing reference to Niko was a bit to cheesy and forced for me.

But Packie and Johny showing up were nice touches that were done well.