**SUPER SPOILER POLL** don't open unless you finished singleplayer

#1brutalhitsPosted 8/6/2014 4:03:17 AM
Do you want to actually have a main savegame where either Michael or Trevor is dead? - Results (142 votes)
Yes
7.04% (10 votes)
No
87.32% (124 votes)
I don't care
5.63% (8 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I just used replay mission to see those endings but would never want to lose one of the characters.
#2TheSuperGameGodPosted 8/6/2014 6:43:43 AM
Nothing about killing Michael or Trevor makes any sense. Past history's of betrayal between friends aren't irrevocable, and friendships can be mended with time; even those who have a major grudge towards someone.

Choosing A or B makes Franklin out to be the worst of the bunch.
---
And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful. (Revelation 21:5)
#3KaZoooPosted 8/6/2014 12:59:36 PM
It really never made sense to kill either as Franklin really has no personal rifts with them. Mike gets him made, Trevor is just weird. I've seen the vids of those endings too.

*spoilers, although this thread implies it*

First Franklin gives a stupid explanation to what he's doing, then he gets in a chase like "hey dog, wher u goin dog. we gotta do this dog, come back dog.". Like **** no, why would they do that? I have no idea why he's scripted to sound all oblivious. Use your ****ing brain if you could think for yourself once in this game.

Trevor's death is tragic though, with Michael in the mix talking in the ending, it does seem a bit more convincing.

Micheal's death is plain dumb.
---
"Competing every night, both ends, shoot - inside/outside, fast break, transition, Monta Ellis have it all"
#4brutalhits(Topic Creator)Posted 8/6/2014 3:08:57 PM
KaZooo posted...
It really never made sense to kill either as Franklin really has no personal rifts with them. Mike gets him made, Trevor is just weird. I've seen the vids of those endings too.

*spoilers, although this thread implies it*

First Franklin gives a stupid explanation to what he's doing, then he gets in a chase like "hey dog, wher u goin dog. we gotta do this dog, come back dog.". Like **** no, why would they do that? I have no idea why he's scripted to sound all oblivious. Use your ****ing brain if you could think for yourself once in this game.

Trevor's death is tragic though, with Michael in the mix talking in the ending, it does seem a bit more convincing.

Micheal's death is plain dumb.

Yeah it all seems so forced. Like someone had a hardon for a choice in who lives or dies like they did with GTA 4 and they were forced to write a script for it.
#5GiappasBenzPosted 8/6/2014 5:27:27 PM(edited)
GTA5 final mission is basically:

1) Dumb guy #1 tells you to kill friend A
2) Dumb guy #2 tells you to kill friend B
3) You and you friends agree to kill both dumb guys and other bad guys from earlier missions

What would you do?
#6riddlebox89Posted 8/6/2014 6:15:09 PM
GiappasBenz posted...

3) You and you friends agree to kill both dumb guys and other bad guys from earlier missions

What would you do?

Kill everyone.

Everyone?

EVERYONE!!!
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.
#7MegamanXfan21xxPosted 8/6/2014 7:28:16 PM
brutalhits posted...
Yeah it all seems so forced. Like someone had a hardon for a choice in who lives or dies like they did with GTA 4 and they were forced to write a script for it.

I think it was because R* started getting a hard-on for player characters dying for real, like in some other games I won't mention.
---
Number of fellow Poets of the Fall fans: 19
Want: Sleeping Dogs: Triad Wars, Borderlands Pre-sequel, Far Cry 4, The Evil Within
#8GastroidPosted 8/6/2014 9:49:58 PM
At the last minute, some producer probably got the 'great' idea to do multiple endings, even though the game already had one, so the two kill endings were cobbled together and tacked on to the game. They really are so out of place.
---
Rotating Signature
This is not one of them.
#9GiappasBenzPosted 8/7/2014 1:36:49 AM
riddlebox89 posted...
GiappasBenz posted...

What would you do?

Kill everyone.

Everyone?

EVERYONE!!!

I suddenly remembered this FMV after reading your post: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgFX2WCD2r0
#10DrunkenPeasantPosted 8/7/2014 10:37:45 AM
The way I see it Trevor really deserved to die out of all the main characters plus his instability made him an unpredictable liability so I was ok with option A it made sense to me, I chose option C first playthrough though and was quite happy because I got to kill Weston/Haines, which was pretty damn satisfying, just for the fact that their status and monster egos could do nothing to save them from the reality of their own mortality.

B was the one I disliked the most though, Franklin turning on his mentor and everything.
---
"I used to rescue presidents, then I took an arrow in the knee...and still rescued the president." -Snake Plissken