How come this game doesn't have OG Loc?

#11Perfect LightPosted 6/19/2014 10:40:35 PM
JakeGallows2099 posted...
I always thought it was weird how they say it's a different universe, but then you have things like Loc's album and Lovefist in V, and IV had the wall that had memorials to all the dead protagonists previously (had stuff like We Miss You Tommy and RIP CJ, plus it said something about Claude, Toni, and Vic too). It's like make up your mind, are they the same or different? And yeah, I know they are just easter eggs, but the theory remains the same

Rockstar said brands and radio personalities carry over between universes. Lazlow talks about Love Fist in IV, so the band clearly exists in the new continuity. The other stuff you're referring to is just Easter eggs.
---
Now Playing: Splinter Cell Blacklist
Waiting: Dragon Age Inquisition, Middle-Earth Shadow of Mordor, Far Cry 4, Batman Arkham Knight
#12cheese_game619Posted 6/20/2014 2:54:58 AM
Southernfatman posted...
They're just references

---
http://i.imgur.com/z68cb.png
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m070ogasVv1qeewbgo2_500.jpg
#13SplatulatedPosted 6/20/2014 6:06:01 AM
Perfect Light posted...
I always thought it was weird how they say it's a different universe, but then you have things like Loc's album and Lovefist in V, and IV had the wall that had memorials to all the dead protagonists previously (had stuff like We Miss You Tommy and RIP CJ, plus it said something about Claude, Toni, and Vic too). It's like make up your mind, are they the same or different? And yeah, I know they are just easter eggs, but the theory remains the same

Rockstar said brands and radio personalities carry over between universes. Lazlow talks about Love Fist in IV, so the band clearly exists in the new continuity. The other stuff you're referring to is just Easter eggs.

why didnt CJ then ? im fairly sure he was on the radio at one point and became a brand
---
-----
This is also text
#14MrSnoman291Posted 6/20/2014 6:07:28 AM
Dont you steal something from a Lovefist member on the Trevor side mission?
---
The truest form of the term gamer.
Womb to the tomb: Gamer for life.
#15Mentalpatient87Posted 6/20/2014 6:20:44 AM
Word of God. You can't argue with R* when they say different universes. It's their continuity, they decide how it ends up.
---
Glory to Arstotzka!
#16B0vrilPosted 6/20/2014 9:00:32 AM(edited)

It's not weird at all. Some folks seem to not understand the term "universe" in fiction.

When Rockstar say the HD era GTA games are a different universe to the 3d era GTA games, they don't mean that every thing is different & nothing can be the same, they simply mean that they are not regarding the events of the 3d era as canonical with the HD era.

Rockstar can include whatever they want from the 3d era, or 2d era for that matter. They could introduce Tommy & CJ as DLC for GTA V & it would still be a different universe.

It's pretty much exactly what a reboot is.
#17Perfect LightPosted 6/20/2014 9:14:04 PM
Splatulated posted...
why didnt CJ then ? im fairly sure he was on the radio at one point and became a brand

At this point, it's because Rockstar said so. They decide what crosses and what doesn't. Lazlow and Love Fist did, CJ didn't.
---
Now Playing: Splinter Cell Blacklist
Waiting: Dragon Age Inquisition, Middle-Earth Shadow of Mordor, Far Cry 4, Batman Arkham Knight
#18poppa_backPosted 6/21/2014 8:48:40 AM
He has a star on the walk of fame.
---
Baba Booey Fafa Fooey Fla Fla Flohi
#19EricTillotsonPosted 6/22/2014 1:36:10 AM
What about "different universe" do you people not understand? I've been seeing topics like this since 2008 and it still genuinely baffles me.
---
Want to hear a joke? Men's Rights Activists.
#20TotallySoldOutPosted 6/22/2014 8:33:30 AM
I agree, the lack of understanding of universes still blows my mind.

Rockstar didn't want to be held down in a continuity with the 3D Universe games. By putting the HD games in a new "universe" they're free to tell a story without reusing to continuing characters from previous games.

Certain things (brands, Laszlo, Love Fist) crossed over because they're funny / fun and don't hinge on your understanding or knowledge of the previous 3D Universe games to get the full experience. Those who did play the older games get to say "Ha, Love Fist. Fun!"
---
From the 905