Animals on GTAV

#1Karma3Posted 10/26/2011 12:16:04 PM
I've seen discussions about new things being brought into the game like children and numerous other things but a major thing that could be included would be animals, I don't see how Rockstar couldn't do it since they did it with RDR.

It would make the game just a little bit more believable to me like seeing flying birds you can shoot, people walking their dogs in the park or seeing stray cats down alleyways.

What other animals could be on it?
Imagine a mission in a pet store.
---
If you were my compass then I'm lost forever.
#2wesastro911Posted 10/26/2011 12:34:29 PM
I agree. The best part of RDR beside just the awesome scenery and exploring was how cool the animals were. GTAV could be so much more alive with animals. It doesn't have to go crazy though like RDR did when there's 5 bears chasing you. If there's countryside, then I fully expect to see occasional animals like small squirrels, hawks, rabbits, raccoons, etc... If set in right location like California type setting, then seeing a rare bear, wolf, cougar could be plausible. But, only if it's extremely rare.

The city should have dogs, cats, birds for sure. I don't care about animal lovers and PETA. A game trying to be realistic and show off a a gritty city should have them animals. I want to go into someone's backyard and a dog start yapping at me. Or how about police dogs? And lets not forget how abundant pigeons, and grackles are in big cities. Coastal cities should have seagulls.

Again, they don't have to be that abundant. BTW, I liked how L.A. Noire handled the flocks of pigeons that would fly away if you ran or drove through them.
#3Famine_10f4Posted 10/26/2011 12:38:16 PM

There should be a zoo...

I agree with there being dogs, stray cats in alleys not so much, unless you has one neighbour hood that was full of them.

#4andyt876Posted 10/26/2011 12:38:51 PM
Yeah I'd love to see animals in GTA. The idea of police dogs is awesome. Imagine guard dogs as well, shooting them with with a shotgun as they leap in the air towards you to bite your neck.

inb4animalcruelty
---
Who Dares, Wins
#5CruorComaPosted 10/26/2011 12:40:40 PM
Well given how popular the inclusion of wildlife was in RDR, it's a plausible possibility. However, given that GTA (SA excepted ofcourse) is centrally based in city area's it's unlikely, and frankly I don't want to accidentally run over or shoot a dog whilst I'm on a rampage. I'm a big dog fan.
---
Gamertag: LordMahemium
Currently playing: Gears of War 3, Dead Island and Deadrising: Off the Record
#6Famine_10f4Posted 10/26/2011 12:40:42 PM

andyt876 posted...
Yeah I'd love to see animals in GTA. The idea of police dogs is awesome. Imagine guard dogs as well, shooting them with with a shotgun as they leap in the air towards you to bite your neck.

inb4animalcruelty
---
Who Dares, Wins

My sig.

And yes police dogs would be great. It would be cool to have stealth mission with dogs trying to find you.

#7wesastro911Posted 10/26/2011 12:41:35 PM
Famine_10f4 posted...
There should be a zoo...

Don't know if kidding, but I agree. Pretty far fetched though. In general, I want more things that a real city would have like zoos, museums, concerts, festivals, universities (too much controversy probably), churches (again), amusement parks (this time working).
#8wesastro911Posted 10/26/2011 12:44:00 PM
CruorComa posted...
frankly I don't want to accidentally run over or shoot a dog whilst I'm on a rampage. I'm a big dog fan.

I just don't get where that kinda talk comes from. So you are perfectly alright with accidently running over an innocent bystander, but then run over Spot and it's terrible.

Kinda reminds me of one hilarious scene in the movie "A Fish Called Wanda". I won't go in to details, but it's about a animal lover.
#9CruorComaPosted 10/26/2011 1:00:27 PM(edited)
Well... yeah. Frankly I'm more of a dog person than a people person, I'd frankly rather run over a person. My dog, RIP, never stole, lied, cheated or stabbed someone in the back. I don't think I've ever met a person whose never done those things. But that's just me, you don't have to like it.
---
Gamertag: LordMahemium
Currently playing: Gears of War 3, Dead Island and Deadrising: Off the Record
#10Karma3(Topic Creator)Posted 10/27/2011 9:04:17 AM
Well I'm a vegetarian but I know the difference between real life and games and I think anything that can make the world more believable is an added bonus.
Adding life other than humans is a must in order for people to believe its more true to life than any old game.
---
If you were my compass then I'm lost forever.