Anyone else think split screen 2-player would be awesome?

#1hellfire582Posted 6/6/2012 6:09:23 PM
I always wished GTA had a split screen free roam multiplayer. Me and my friend really used to enjoy the 2 player free roam on SA, but the main problem with it was that we had to share a screen and stay close to each other. I do understand the challenge in rendering two distant parts of the map on one system, but I still think it's be really cool if they could pull it off. Multiplayer online is cool too, but I've always wanted to see split screen in GTA.
#2nativenginePosted 6/6/2012 6:14:17 PM
I bought a new 360, business class Internet and a 57in pioneer elite so I never ever ever have to play split screen ever again. No sir I don't like it
---
Vegetarian- an old Indian word meaning bad hunter
#3creep50Posted 6/6/2012 6:20:56 PM
hellfire582 posted...
I always wished GTA had a split screen free roam multiplayer. Me and my friend really used to enjoy the 2 player free roam on SA, but the main problem with it was that we had to share a screen and stay close to each other. I do understand the challenge in rendering two distant parts of the map on one system, but I still think it's be really cool if they could pull it off. Multiplayer online is cool too, but I've always wanted to see split screen in GTA.

i would love to see split screen..it could be extremely fun

i dont think that the 360/ps3 can handle it tho mabye in the future
---
San Andreas > > > > > > > > >Desert Bus > > > > > > > >GTA 4
#4mr_white2088Posted 6/6/2012 7:09:06 PM
nativengine posted...
I bought a new 360, business class Internet and a 57in pioneer elite so I never ever ever have to play split screen ever again. No sir I don't like it

And you don't have to go this route you can get big gaming entertainment on a dime in a new segment I like to call Top Tips from Mr. White. Today we are going to look at how to replicate what native has on a tight budget. Now the first thing we are going to talk about is internet. The speeds you need for Xbox live are actually quite low so most people with some kind of dsl are set the thing to check out is you NAT setting. You want your NAT to be open and if it isn't then you need to relax you firewall settings on the router. There are many helpful youtube videos for this if you need further instructions. Now once you get your internet squared away we can look at picture and audio.

If you're on a budget you have a choice to make, HD or screen size. This is an option where you can't have both without spending significant cash. Even going secondhand on HDTV's you are looking at 200-300 for the 40 inch range. If that's an acceptable price for you then take another top tip from Mr. White and purchase the tv that is displayed the highest off the floor. Typically kids like to poke the screen on the TVs so you want something well out of reach of their grubby hands. Now for those of you looking to spend less you can typically get a 720p tv around 20 inches for less than 100 depending on the brand. If that's an acceptable size for you then have at it.

Now for those of you in the other camp that want a big screen and don't care about HD there are many more options. Thanks to HD tvs making cathode rays obsolete you can pick up these old big screens for pennies on the dollar. If you don't feel like shopping around you can easily get a 52 inch cathode ray TV for less than 200 from most people. If you really want to look just about any price is possible these things are all but worthless at this point. Now that might be all well and good but say you want to go beyond 52 inches and get a big picture well then you need to step up to projectors. One of the best ways to get a cheap projector is auctions. Most government institutions sell their old projectors, which are often barely used, at the local auction house. Pay attention to what your local auction dealers have for sale and you can find some amazing items. I personally was able to snatch up my middle school's projector that they actually used while I was in school at the time for 30 bucks. Later that same year I picked up another one for 25 and they both still work.

Now moving on to audio, an easy way to get surround sound on the cheap is old computer speakers. Go to landfills, fleamarkets, craigslist ans you can find a tone of cheap computer speakers. With a few adapters you can easily get a gerryrigged surround sound system going. I hope these tips helped, good gaming out there people.
---
http://z3.invisionfree.com/The_wastes/index.php?act=idx
Game of Thrones Board: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/585257-wall-defender
#5rdnythesaviorPosted 6/6/2012 9:41:20 PM(edited)
You're forgetting that in order to be split screen, the game would have to render everything twice on the same console. It's not because the Devs are lazy, or because nobody cares about couch-CoOp anymore, it's because the systems just can not handle doing that much work.

Also, I don't think it would be very awesome. I bought a big TV so I can use the whole thing, not split it with some loser who is just going to glance over and peak at where I am, and use that to destroy me.

Edit: I'm going to apologize, this once. I should go to bed, because I'm getting really really angry and just replying instead of reading full posts. My bad, but my point remains.
---
"I don't want to say 'I Told You So' ...so, Welcome to Miami!"
GT: rodneythesavior
#6SuperVegito2487Posted 6/6/2012 10:59:37 PM
Also, I don't think it would be very awesome. I bought a big TV so I can use the whole thing, not split it with some loser who is just going to glance over and peak at where I am, and use that to destroy me.

1st theres a new technology that does split screen with 3d, granted its not very common but it exist...

second with such a big screen a little cut wont harm much... its worse when you go below 20 in size...
that and if you dont do split screen BOTH players are forced to have

Same console
Same Game
And online...

rules out anything playing with local friends thats for sure....
and other games that gets upgraded can handle split screen so tbh im not accepting that...
---
http://www.xkcd.com/609/ GT SuperVegitoFAN
This is why Chrome isnt as good as people says.
#7rdnythesaviorPosted 6/6/2012 11:30:39 PM(edited)
SuperVegito2487 posted...
rules out anything playing with local friends thats for sure....
and other games that gets upgraded can handle split screen so tbh im not accepting that...

Not sure why I have to be the one to tell you this, but you can play locally like that. I play with GTA with my friends all the time when I'm over at their house. Yeah, I we might have to be connected to Xbox Live to do so, but that's the way the world works, things change but at the same time they get better. How fun you thing having 8 people free-roaming around GTA IV would be on 2 Xboxs? It would be an aweful, laggy mess.

And that whole bit about the 3D TV's.... 3D is already on it's way out, It was just a gimmick that was 'cool' for a little while.

Edit: forgot that last part.
Give me one example of a freeroam/open world game, that has Splitscreen and isn't a First Person Shooter.
---
"I don't want to say 'I Told You So' ...so, Welcome to Miami!"
GT: rodneythesavior
#8SuperVegito2487Posted 6/7/2012 1:05:21 AM
^Not exactly split screen but sa had multiplayer and thats better than nothing..

what i was mentioning was spikes dbz games...

sure theres always system link, but im just a bit offended because none of my friends whom i know in person has a 360, AND xbox live AND gta...

and the 3d thing... i dont like 3d itself, but using 3d to give one picture to player 1 and another to player 2 is an exellent strategy....

besides im pretty sure i heard that when playing multiplayer on ps3 the hosts console ACTS as the server for ALL the players...

that would be up to 32, or was it 16 idr, BUT 360 is weaker than ps3 true, but not THAT much weakr... im not asking for much, just 2-4 (2 is enough) players on same console... nothing more... thats basically the only problem i have with this generation.. too little split screen...

and since a ps3 can handle being host server for 16 players why cant 360 handle... just 2??
---
http://www.xkcd.com/609/ GT SuperVegitoFAN
This is why Chrome isnt as good as people says.
#9NavexPosted 6/7/2012 5:57:38 AM
Split screen gaming is kinda over nowadays. With more and more people getting high speed internet and other ways you can join in games devs just don't bother with it anymore.
---
"You can do anything you want in life. Unless Jay Leno wants to do it, too."
- Conan O'Brien
#10wwinterj25Posted 6/7/2012 6:02:07 AM
Navex posted...
Split screen gaming is kinda over nowadays. With more and more people getting high speed internet and other ways you can join in games devs just don't bother with it anymore.

This is true unfortunately. However online is useless when I have a buddy over or even a family member and want to play a game with them. It's almost like folk don't do this anymore.

On topic though I liked how San Andreas did two players. It wasn't split screen but it was very limited and didn't really work. Co-op online is the only thing that would work in GTA games. Split screen not so much.
---
One who knows nothing can understand nothing - GamerTag: wwinterj/PSN wwinterj add me :D