GTA V Players Lounge (Technically the 29th installment)

#1puffinslaughterPosted 11/7/2012 3:09:07 PM
Hey everyone, this Lounge is a place for anybody to come hang out, get to know each other, chat about GTA V or anything else. We've had a few of these on Board 250, a couple on the Vets board, and one or two on a private board, not to mention the 20 or so we've had on the San Andreas board. Hopefully this coalition can serve to keep the mains together when this board starts getting insane.

I'm really pumped for the Gameinformer. I can't wait to see what they reveal about GTA V to us. I also hope gambling makes a comeback.
---
"Its not like im speak like some brian dead 10 year old."- Pokefilm
Pittsburgh Steelers: 2-3
#2NanuzshPosted 11/7/2012 3:18:58 PM
Customization is what I'm after. Really want to make my guy my own. Also car customization wouldn't hurt. But I won't be terribly sad if it isn't.

Thoughts?
---
''You might be a cunning linguist, but I am a master debater''-Austin Powers
#3jimbobrulezPosted 11/7/2012 3:28:46 PM
Nanuzsh posted...
Customization is what I'm after. Really want to make my guy my own. Also car customization wouldn't hurt. But I won't be terribly sad if it isn't.

Thoughts?

If you mean customization beyond where San Andreas went, I would recommend Saints Row, it may be more up your ally.

GTA isn't about that.
---
its like gta: sa... Carl should've had 1 star at all times, just being a black guy in 1990s L.A.- Masonator 2002
#4puffinslaughter(Topic Creator)Posted 11/7/2012 3:31:02 PM
I wouldn't mind a San Andreas level of customization, but nothing too over the top. Clothing, tattoos, haircut, that's all I need. I'd like for the car customization to be a little more in depth, and there must be a color slider instead of preset colors.
---
"Its not like im speak like some brian dead 10 year old."- Pokefilm
Pittsburgh Steelers: 2-3
#5Juliedela1959Posted 11/7/2012 6:42:52 PM
Also, when i pay'n spray, i don't want he song and time of day change..
---
{not changing sig until Bowser jr Gets can't wait to be king music vid on youtube}
Official Carmelita of the PS All stars board
#6SBBrealquickPosted 11/7/2012 7:04:17 PM
i like how time passes in the pray and spray, it's realistic. speaking of which, id like a lot more realism and grit than we saw in gt4, though i realize im probly in the minority there. i dislike color sliders.

one thing the game severely needs is to make the in game economy of much greater importance. expensive properties, clothes, weapons, whatever. there has to be a reason to make and spend money.
#7PhatMinotaurPosted 11/7/2012 7:24:41 PM
This is rather small, really small actually, but it's something I've been curious about. Also, I never played the episodes so ignore this if I'm just being ignorant about it.
But remember in III era games, how when you entered a new district of town, the district would pop up in the game's corresponding font? III was italic yellow, Vice City was blue/cursive (or something like that), and SA was Old English? IV was just plain white, and that's understandable because it sort of fit the vibe I guess, but do you think that they will continue that, or change it to fit LS/the game's vibe overall? Like I said, never played the episode, maybe it changed in those ones.

Also, do you want a rag/riches, riches/riches, riches/rags, rags/rags, or just a neutral story?
#8tazerhaterPosted 11/7/2012 8:05:28 PM
puffin i always envied these topics on the SA board and was too nervous to post in them
---
Yeah, now listen to that beat. Now that's a kickin' glissando!
#9mike_marraPosted 11/7/2012 8:19:51 PM
Few things im hoping for:

1. Off road racing. The screens showing the dirt bikes and dirt trails through the mountains is really making me want to tear off-road with some friends on atv's/dirt bikes. Also on the same note id love to see more off-roading vehicles, such as suv's and pickups with beefed up suspension and off-roading tires.

2. Semis with the attachable trailers. Missed that ever since SA.

3. Different firearms. Tired of the usual ak/m4, etc. Throw in something exotic. AUG, FN-FAL, G3A3, etc.

4. would be nice to see the strange vehicles return, like hovercraft, racing kart, etc.

5. Would absolutely love the return of drivable trains. With air horns this time.

6. Better music. I'm a death metal person and would love to hear more metal.

On a different subject, the online free-roam is going to be a nightmare for a while after release. I can see one of the biggest issues: aircraft. Everyone and their mother is going to want to fly the planes, and especially the F/A-18 it showed from the trailer. Theres always going to be the one guy in every game shooting down everyone elses planes with it or just being an ass and strafing everyone on the ground. Hopefully to counter it we see anti-air missiles added into the game so we can shoot them down, or at least deter them from strafing all the time. Other then that it should be rather fun.
---
Why serve in Heaven when you can rule in Hell.
GT: L0rd0fTh3Und3ad
#10shadyelfPosted 11/7/2012 8:27:14 PM
This is rather small, really small actually, but it's something I've been curious about. Also, I never played the episodes so ignore this if I'm just being ignorant about it.
But remember in III era games, how when you entered a new district of town, the district would pop up in the game's corresponding font? III was italic yellow, Vice City was blue/cursive (or something like that), and SA was Old English? IV was just plain white, and that's understandable because it sort of fit the vibe I guess, but do you think that they will continue that, or change it to fit LS/the game's vibe overall? Like I said, never played the episode, maybe it changed in those ones.

Also, do you want a rag/riches, riches/riches, riches/rags, rags/rags, or just a neutral story?

Yes it changed in episodes. TLaD had a different font with everything having black specks in it. Just a gritty feel. Or at least I think, been a while since I played it. TBoGT had same font but lots of magenta and pastel blue and yellow.
---
?