What if one of the main characters was gay?

#11italics560Posted 11/8/2012 1:37:23 PM
The only reason why I think they won't make a gay protag is because, believe it or not, the people who want to play as a gay guy are greatly outnumbered by people who don't want to play as a gay guy.

Not to mention the poo-storm it would cause.

I for one have absolutely no problem with homosexuals, but I would not like for my GTA protag to be gay. Not for hate reasons, but because I wouldn't be able to relate to him at all.
---
"WE ARE THE SONS OF TROY WE WILL NEVER KNEEL, Orlando what the **** man".
#12robert_rangersuPosted 11/8/2012 1:59:04 PM
m100t8s posted...
No offence, But Crime and Gay doesn't fit.

Ronnie Kray.
---
Couldn't care less = you don't care one single bit.
Could care less = you do care, at least a little.
#13RobertSchneiderPosted 11/14/2012 2:45:02 PM
robert_rangersu posted...
m100t8s posted...
No offence, But Crime and Gay doesn't fit.

Ronnie Kray.

so badass
---
GT: Maninaredcloak
#14enterthemadroxPosted 11/14/2012 2:48:35 PM
italics560 posted...
The only reason why I think they won't make a gay protag is because, believe it or not, the people who want to play as a gay guy are greatly outnumbered by people who don't want to play as a gay guy.

Not to mention the poo-storm it would cause.

I for one have absolutely no problem with homosexuals, but I would not like for my GTA protag to be gay. Not for hate reasons, but because I wouldn't be able to relate to him at all.

I'm a white, straight male but haven't been able to relate to the Italian-American murderers and money launderers or the black thug types or Eastern European former military protags we've had to play as so far so how would being a gay character be any different?
---
Getting awfully tired of GameFAQs mods removing my posts for being "offensive" when I've done nothing wrong
#15IrisVilePosted 11/14/2012 2:49:34 PM
Clearly something is wrong with me. I never relate to video game characters. To me they are like dolls and I am playing their story, it in GTA and the Sims case controling them. I still hope a female protagonist DLC happens perhaps with a gay guy as well, and then a regular über straight guy to round it out. :D
---
I'm a wench, who vomits her mind.
#16enterthemadroxPosted 11/14/2012 2:52:17 PM
IrisVile posted...
Clearly something is wrong with me. I never relate to video game characters. To me they are like dolls and I am playing their story, it in GTA and the Sims case controling them. I still hope a female protagonist DLC happens perhaps with a gay guy as well, and then a regular über straight guy to round it out. :D

I'm the same.

Hell, Saints Row The Third, I created a female protag for the achievement to play as both genders and ended up sticking with her cause the lines she got were sometimes funnier than the male version.
---
Getting awfully tired of GameFAQs mods removing my posts for being "offensive" when I've done nothing wrong
#17IrisVilePosted 11/14/2012 2:59:33 PM
enterthemadrox posted...
IrisVile posted...

I'm the same.

Hell, Saints Row The Third, I created a female protag for the achievement to play as both genders and ended up sticking with her cause the lines she got were sometimes funnier than the male version.

The Russian voice is the best. I also love the GTA reference. But yeah I don't get it even the games I can play as a girl, I never make one that looks like me. Nor do I feel like it is me. Perhaps I like the idea of making my own storirs and view them as such.

Because honestly RockStar could easily make a girl or gay protagonist and pull it off with ease. I just don't understand the massive freak out to the idea. Like it is a dead horse, but I guess my detachment makes my opinion 'invalid'.
---
I'm a wench, who vomits her mind.
#18cheese_game619Posted 11/14/2012 3:01:52 PM
if you think it would make a difference it is your own personal problem/s that make it that way
---
http://i.imgur.com/z68cb.png
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m070ogasVv1qeewbgo2_500.jpg
#19DruffPosted 11/14/2012 3:02:13 PM
joshuadj posted...
WHY? GOD WHY?! WHY DOES THIS QUESTION COME UP EVERY DAMN TIME!

Teh gays won't stop until they get a lead character they can call their own.

Yoo hoo, fellas! Keep waiting! ;)
---
Caution - You are approaching the periphery shield of Vortex Four
#20Scarlet_ArrowPosted 11/14/2012 3:22:23 PM
Pre-Order = Cancelled
---
http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/8220/tumblrm23d2zsjo91qfno87.jpg