Does real GTA5 gameplay look like in the screens or like GTA4 ? (see photo)

#1superrichmanPosted 11/8/2012 2:50:02 PM
Theres some limits todays consoles have I am sure. So will this really look like this screen for example?

http://gamingeverything.com/wp-content/gallery/gta-v_5/gta_v_screen-16.jpg

Probably not ?

I mean the difference from that screen to GTA 4 is WORLDS. But its still the same console. So how much did Rockstar manage to tweak out of todays generation?

But I am glad at least we got a confirmation this game has finally first person view as an option at least.
#2SamuariLegend24Posted 11/8/2012 2:56:56 PM
Check out the Drake's Fortune series for PS3, with the ancient tech that consoles are using they still are able to put out game after game taht looks like a movie. There are little tricks of the trade they are picking up along the way with having to use the older stuff. It is a double edged sword really, on one hand you get the experience of using all these new engines and can see really how far gaming can go, but nothing is mastered, its always going to feel like a raw game. And then you have that they are forced on old engines and hardware which makes them learn how to utilize the engines to their fullest and squeeze everything out of them. Also you gotta realize that 90% of console games are locked at 30FPS max, while PC games have an open ended max, and 60 FPS is the natural feel. So not only on Consoles are they lowering the cap to ensure less spiking but it gives them more head room to have good looking games since they are shooting at 30 instead of 60.

I forsee a new generation of consoles coming very soon though as console gaming has hit its peak and needs new hardware to keep up with PC gaming. Next consoles really need to come stock with a 6-8 core Intel CPU along with the ability to upgrade GPU's. Nothing too much but just every couple years make a new modular console version of a GPU for them to keep up with the PC gaming development.
---
i don't need to stick my head up a cows ass to know that it stinks in there - blutoblutarskyX
#3superrichman(Topic Creator)Posted 11/8/2012 2:58:06 PM
I made a backup of the same image here: http://i.imgur.com/m3F6k.jpg

In case it gets taken down and so we can compare it to the first REAL gameplay images/video.
#4Gump_the_GreatPosted 11/8/2012 2:58:57 PM
"But I am glad at least we got a confirmation this game has finally first person view as an option at least."

lolwut? when did you see this confirmed? maybe i missed a page of that GI magazine....
#5ill-thoughtsPosted 11/8/2012 2:59:33 PM
i expect the game to look like a mix between GTA4 and San Andreas.....imagine that, yeah.
#6lil55dudePosted 11/8/2012 3:00:19 PM
Pretty sure that wasn't in there.
---
"When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion"
#7superrichman(Topic Creator)Posted 11/8/2012 3:02:05 PM
SamuariLegend24 posted...
I forsee a new generation of consoles coming very soon though as console gaming has hit its peak and needs new hardware to keep up with PC gaming. Next consoles really need to come stock with a 6-8 core Intel CPU along with the ability to upgrade GPU's. Nothing too much but just every couple years make a new modular console version of a GPU for them to keep up with the PC gaming development.

I think the leaked "next xbox" specs had TWO such cpus in them. I was wondering a bit why Rockstar kinda rushed the GTA 5 release , maybe they planned to release this on next gen originally.

Upgradable GPU I do not vouch for at all even tho I do understand it would make sense to give a hardware generation an even bigger lifespan.
#8superrichman(Topic Creator)Posted 11/8/2012 3:07:44 PM
>I was wondering a bit why Rockstar kinda rushed the GTA 5 release

SPECULATION but the article did mention somethn about things they want to do with this city , so there might be more games at a later date in the same city , and i would be pretty sure they already made the game so it can be "ported" easily to next gen and looking much better there automatically.

ill-thoughts posted...
i expect the game to look like a mix between GTA4 and San Andreas.....imagine that, yeah.

that would mean it looks worse than gta 4 :P Doubt it.
#9Buddy_DacotePosted 11/8/2012 3:08:32 PM
It doesn't look that super amazingly mega good.
#10B0vrilPosted 11/8/2012 3:18:36 PM
Buddy_Dacote posted...
It doesn't look that super amazingly mega good.

Oh yes it does.... It leaps & bounds ahead of GTA4, and t's running on, what, 7 year old hardware? It's pretty insane.