Does real GTA5 gameplay look like in the screens or like GTA4 ? (see photo)

#11superrichman(Topic Creator)Posted 11/8/2012 3:35:58 PM
B0vril posted...
Buddy_Dacote posted...
It doesn't look that super amazingly mega good.

Oh yes it does.... It leaps & bounds ahead of GTA4, and t's running on, what, 7 year old hardware? It's pretty insane.

Well thats the question. Is it running on 7 year old hardware.... and looking like this? The screens are probably taken from running on some better tech than a 7 year old console :/
#12gilyPosted 11/8/2012 3:40:15 PM
http://gamingeverything.com/wp-content/gallery/gta-v_5/gta_v_screen-16.jpg

Is that a mime I see?
#13NeoGeoXSegaPosted 11/8/2012 3:59:24 PM
B0vril posted...
Buddy_Dacote posted...
It doesn't look that super amazingly mega good.

Oh yes it does.... It leaps & bounds ahead of GTA4, and t's running on, what, 7 year old hardware? It's pretty insane.

Well thats the question. Is it running on 7 year old hardware.... and looking like this? The screens are probably taken from running on some better tech than a 7 year old console :/

Nah, what a lot of PC gamers don't understand is that talented developers can keep pushing technology years after its release.
That's why even after the SNES/Genesis stopping putting games, there were people findng new ways to push the tech & make things that was never thought possible on them.
---
"gone are the days of creativity, and playing japanese games because you secretly wish you were japanese" -CinisterX
#14wisdom_cubePosted 11/8/2012 4:22:34 PM
I'm just glad they got rid of that horrible dithering effect that made everything in the distance look like a damn oil painting.

http://assets1.ignimgs.com/2008/03/07/grand-theft-auto-iv-20080307105123080-2314111.jpg
http://assets2.ignimgs.com/2008/04/11/grand-theft-auto-iv-20080411005559746-2356729.jpg
---
thurs a partay in mai armer adn ur invit3d!1
2500k || Sapphire 7950 OC || P67-GD65 || 1TB HDD
#15B0vrilPosted 11/8/2012 4:28:09 PM
superrichman posted...

eh.. perhaps, but I don't think it would be far off. they'd was a good representation of the game on console.

wisdom_cube posted...
I'm just glad they got rid of that horrible dithering effect that made everything in the distance look like a damn oil painting.

Yea, they pretty much got rid of that with RDR.
#16RDen96Posted 11/8/2012 5:03:12 PM
The screens are most likely taken from the PC version.
---
Thank you for shopping at Valco!
Deno
#17superrichman(Topic Creator)Posted 11/9/2012 12:34:50 AM
RDen96 posted...
The screens are most likely taken from the PC version.

They usually make trailers / screens on High-End Machines that cost like 20k and up :)

If next gen consoles really come out next year we might see this very same GTA 5 in MUCH higher resolution on them cos I just cant help myself but to think... GTA 5 will look much more like GTA 4 really. BUT WE WILL SEE :) Better have low expectations and then jump around happily when the game is out and really looks like in that screen ^^
#18PSPmastaPosted 11/9/2012 12:59:53 AM
I am not blown away or surprised to see the graphics they have shown us so far for the xbox/ps3.

Once you mess around with ENB settings on GTAIV for PC you'll understand how easy it is, and how little you actually have to edit an engine for it to look magnificently better.

Look at Episodes of LC for example, it looked a lot better than the original GTAIV did.

I am buying GTA5 for Ps3, Xbox, and the best for last PC because it will look simply breathtaking.

Anyways, the textures of the latest screenshots look slightly better than the first batch we were given, but textures still need a bit polishing, which is expected of course.
---
|Gigabyte UD4P|EVGA 9800GTX+|AMD 7850 @3.5Ghz| 1TB HDD| OCZ 500w PSU
4GB RAM|Antec 900 Case|LG DVD Drive|Card Reader|Blue Cathodes|Dark Knight
#19doraemonllh1989Posted 11/9/2012 1:11:48 AM
superrichman posted...
SamuariLegend24 posted...
I forsee a new generation of consoles coming very soon though as console gaming has hit its peak and needs new hardware to keep up with PC gaming. Next consoles really need to come stock with a 6-8 core Intel CPU along with the ability to upgrade GPU's. Nothing too much but just every couple years make a new modular console version of a GPU for them to keep up with the PC gaming development.

I think the leaked "next xbox" specs had TWO such cpus in them. I was wondering a bit why Rockstar kinda rushed the GTA 5 release , maybe they planned to release this on next gen originally.

Upgradable GPU I do not vouch for at all even tho I do understand it would make sense to give a hardware generation an even bigger lifespan.

Its not rush,its BUSINESS

why they need to drag?when they know it would sell AND make ANOTHER gta game for next gen:)
---
my grammar sucks and i dont care
disappointing game of the year = re6 (6.5/10)
#20hulkhogan1Posted 11/9/2012 1:15:24 AM
superrichman posted...
>I was wondering a bit why Rockstar kinda rushed the GTA 5 release

SPECULATION but the article did mention somethn about things they want to do with this city , so there might be more games at a later date in the same city , and i would be pretty sure they already made the game so it can be "ported" easily to next gen and looking much better there automatically.

ill-thoughts posted...
i expect the game to look like a mix between GTA4 and San Andreas.....imagine that, yeah.

that would mean it looks worse than gta 4 :P Doubt it.

Going an entire year without any real info on the game is rushing it?