Three characters and they're all male. Why is Rockstar afraid of progress?

#131strange_guyPosted 11/8/2012 10:39:50 PM
LesserAngel posted...

Yeah, though I think Rollerball would make an awesome Co-ed sport if it was ever practiced in real life... I gotta win the lottery and start the NRL...

Wait are you sincerely arguing against the fact that I've been on co-ed teams? Oh my god. Is this even possible? You realize there are some recreational teams for sports such as basketball, soccer, and many more? Oh my god.
---
---
Stupid is when you spend 18 hours trying to drown a fish.
#132strange_guyPosted 11/8/2012 10:40:44 PM
pizzaman95 posted...
I have a question for you all.

Arguments like these on the Internet never reach any conclusion, peaceful or otherwise aside from one party leaving. No one changes their opinion, no one thinks "Well, that person had a good point", no one goes "Huh, I might not actually be right.".

So why are you all still arguing when this argument has turned into a foregone conclusion?

Well I thought we had some common ground but now this guy won't even believe that I've been on co-ed teams just because I disagree with him.
---
---
#133LesserAngelPosted 11/8/2012 10:41:40 PM
strange_guy posted...
LesserAngel posted...

Yeah, though I think Rollerball would make an awesome Co-ed sport if it was ever practiced in real life... I gotta win the lottery and start the NRL...

Wait are you sincerely arguing against the fact that I've been on co-ed teams? Oh my god. Is this even possible? You realize there are some recreational teams for sports such as basketball, soccer, and many more? Oh my god.
---

...What? I'm just saying Rollerball would make an awesome Co-ed sport. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oxHCnSJzMc ... It'd just make an awesome sport in general.
#134strange_guyPosted 11/8/2012 10:43:04 PM
LesserAngel posted...
strange_guy posted...
LesserAngel posted...

---

...What? I'm just saying Rollerball would make an awesome Co-ed sport. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oxHCnSJzMc ... It'd just make an awesome sport in general.

LOL... I thought you were being sarcastic in the extreme... Maybe you still are?
---
---
#135LesserAngelPosted 11/8/2012 10:45:13 PM
strange_guy posted...
LesserAngel posted...
strange_guy posted...
LesserAngel posted...

---

LOL... I thought you were being sarcastic in the extreme... Maybe you still are?
---

Nope, if I had the money, I'd fund the creation of a professional Rollerball league. On the topic of a co-ed league, I seem to recall a part in the original story where they were talking about co-ed leagues.
#136iedahGPosted 11/8/2012 10:46:39 PM(edited)
strange_guy posted...
LesserAngel posted...

Yeah, but even in say, the 1850's, women were probably fairly fit and in shape as well, they had crap to take care of as well. I might be going back a little too far though.

Hey, I never said women were weak but I do know from personal experience. For example I used to think women were almost exactly the same as men were with sports... Until I started doing co-ed sports for a while for fun. I enjoyed it and I had some great female teammates but I was always surprised at the huge differences between the males and females when it came to endurance and power. I also played against other co-ed teams and it was always this way. Some of our best players were the girls but when it came to pure power and endurance, the males always won big time. Just fact, it's not sexism. I love women and boobs just as much as the next guy.
---

And here you go again tap dancing around the argument because you know your point is stupid and you cant deny the fact that size has little to do with how much brutality a human being can deliver.
Guess what. Not only is this talk about sports pointless since we are talking about crime it is also completely irrelevant to the entire argument.

Seems to me that your logic is this "If you dont have big muscles you cant be a bad***" Well this way of thinking is really really stupid. Want o know why? Find the scrawniest, bird chested, protein deprived crypt or blood you can find and tell them their mommas a filthy whore. See how much of a weakstick they really are.
---
(\__/)
(='.'=) --" Make things easy for people, not difficult."
#137strange_guyPosted 11/8/2012 10:46:24 PM
LesserAngel posted...

Nope, if I had the money, I'd fund the creation of a professional Rollerball league. On the topic of a co-ed league, I seem to recall a part in the original story where they were talking about co-ed leagues.

Really? Cool. Hey, I'm gonna end this conversation and I'm glad we ended on a note where we weren't ready to slit each other's throats because of an opinion difference.
---
---
#138IrisVilePosted 11/8/2012 10:58:33 PM
RDen96 posted...
So, you want a story about a soccer mom who learns kung-fu from an infomercial or something?

TL;DR! ;D Eff! Yes! <3 personally I feel an ex hooker or stripper wanting revenge could be a great female playable character, fanservice and badassery: as long as she is DLC, to wheen her in on you silly boys. Ahaha!
---
I'm a wench, who vomits her mind.
#139Thirdrail1Posted 11/8/2012 11:31:22 PM
I agree with you, TC. When they said 3 protagonists, I thought, "Wow, Rockstar has finally grown up enough to have a female character. I never thought I'd live to see the day."

But, no, it's just three more generic Rockstar dudes. I love their engines, but their writing is just terrible. Every GTA game reminds me of reading fiction written by high school boys for other high school boys. They can imagine females as whores, liars, junkies, or someone who just screams at you all the time, and that's pretty much where their perception of women ends. It says some genuinely awful things about the people who work there.
---
Understand this: Game reviews are written by people who think being a "video game journalist" is possible.
#140IrisVilePosted 11/8/2012 11:40:10 PM
Thirdrail1 posted...
I agree with you, TC. When they said 3 protagonists, I thought, "Wow, Rockstar has finally grown up enough to have a female character. I never thought I'd live to see the day."

But, no, it's just three more generic Rockstar dudes. I love their engines, but their writing is just terrible. Every GTA game reminds me of reading fiction written by high school boys for other high school boys. They can imagine females as whores, liars, junkies, or someone who just screams at you all the time, and that's pretty much where their perception of women ends. It says some genuinely awful things about the people who work there.

Most men in general aren't great to women. You are either a sex symbol or Meg.

Small Sidenote due to not wanting to argue. I know when it comes to endurance I out last loads of guys physically due to being a runner and light gymnast. So I feel like to level the playing field wouldn't the 90 pound blonde girl: need to be a will trained black belt to take on a 300 pound body builder? (only using that due to a guy of the same build would just as easily be disposed of).

Especially if we look at an average man vs average woman it really boils down to, his strengths and her level of playing nasty. Eye gouging and testicle popping, tend to be greater than brute force...though if he just starts wailing on her she could be pretty screwed too.
---
I'm a wench, who vomits her mind.