Three characters and they're all male. Why is Rockstar afraid of progress?

#151BlooddovePosted 11/9/2012 10:12:50 AM
strange_guy posted...
Erik_P posted...
but I cannot recall the last time I saw a woman that can bench press 400 and weighs 250 pounds of pure muscles.

http://femalebodybuilding.tumblr.com/

I think all these women could kick your ass and disprove your extremely ignorant statement. Hell, a quick Google Image search proves just how wrong you are.

LOL those women are so whimpy compared to this. There are guys who can pull SEMI trucks... SEMI TRUCKS.

http://www.theworldsstrongestman.com/individual-events/current/

Those women sure had muscles but I PROMISE you they cannot bench press 400... I can bench 300 and I have more muscles than those girls. I find it sad how you find no pride in being male.
---

I find it sad that you take pride in something you had nothing to do with, such as being born as a male.
---
True genius is simplicity at its core.
#152PinkChinosPosted 11/9/2012 12:11:01 PM
Blooddove posted...
I find it sad that you take pride in something you had nothing to do with, such as being born as a male.

Mentalpatient87 posted...
LesserAngel posted...
strange_guy posted...
I find it sad how you find no pride in being male.

That's like being proud you were born. I could never figure out how someone could be proud over something that takes absolutely no effort to achieve.

Simple. They've never achieved anything. They've got to take pride in something or else they are left with nothing but the realization that they're not special.

Cue weak scramble to prove that they've achieved something/weak turn-around asking me what I've achieved.

That's because you don't understand what pride is. Read Hume. It has nothing to do with achievement, it's the product of possessing what our passions tell us is good. It's perfectly sensible to be proud of belonging to a gender that is statistically stronger and more intelligent.

But of course why should I expect somebody to understand what pride is when we live in a society where everybody is equal, and men and women are identical, and ignorance is as good as knowledge?
---
I am a wonderful human being, and I have been since conception.
#153yellowduckvgPosted 11/9/2012 12:36:30 PM
I wouldn't have an issue if one of the main characters was female. As long as her appearance, attire, and personality suited the game. I also don't think not wanting this in a game, this is primarily marketed and purchased by males makes someone sexist. Perhaps a little close minded.
#154Mentalpatient87Posted 11/9/2012 12:40:35 PM
PinkChinos posted...
That's because you don't understand what pride is.

Don't tell me what I don't understand. I know what pride is. I know why you feel pride. I also see the folly in that thinking.
---
"Star bringing purple! Star bringing yorbel! STOP BRINGING YORBEL! STOP RINGING YOUR BELL!"
#155IrisVilePosted 11/9/2012 12:42:18 PM
I feel like we need a female main character DLC, it would really be the best for everyone. I still don't get why people are so against a female lead, but I feel like eventually it will happen. Most games(such as halo) end up including a female main character option. Thouth mildly ironically Samus is female and she does loads of badass stuff, while still being tall, blonde and curvy. The only thing I find funny is the use of 'realism' on gta that is a poor argument for a game that already was meant to just be fun.

Small Sidenote technically we were able to play as a girl since Vice City due to cheats. <3 the pink valley girl.

TL;DR GTA will probably have a female main character eventually, also get your logic out of ny GTA.
---
I'm a wench, who vomits her mind.
#156yellowduckvgPosted 11/9/2012 12:50:23 PM
I feel like we need a female main character DLC, it would really be the best for everyone. I still don't get why people are so against a female lead, but I feel like eventually it will happen. Most games(such as halo) end up including a female main character option. Thouth mildly ironically Samus is female and she does loads of badass stuff, while still being tall, blonde and curvy. The only thing I find funny is the use of 'realism' on gta that is a poor argument for a game that already was meant to just be fun.
It probably will happen eventually, but probably not for a main title. Most likely a spin-off Vita/ nintendo handheld type of game. I think when it comes to GTA people like the appearance of realism. I also think they draw mainly from past gangsta movies ext.