Three characters and they're all male. Why is Rockstar afraid of progress?

#21Erik_PPosted 11/8/2012 6:53:46 PM
RDen96 posted...
This troll topic failed, didn't it?

Wanting to play as a female is trolling? Sounds like you're a sexist troll.

The fact that people find it funny that someone wants to play as a woman screams young and immature to me.
---
Knock knock! Who's there? SHOOT ME IN THE FACE! - Face McShooty
#22ArconytePosted 11/8/2012 7:00:45 PM
SterlingFox...
This is relevant, and actually very well thought out:
http://www.popmatters.com/pm/post/152382-the-problem-of-the-female-gangster/

Although honestly, I think it would be cool if you played as a normal girl (or guy even) as opposed to a criminal gangster, and you just kind of got roped into the underworld. Like one of your family members gets into some kind of trouble, and you end up having to break the law to get them out of it. Then it goes deeper and deeper.

Like if you're getting shot at and you press the button to go into cover, you run to cover ducking your head while shouting panicked expletives like "**** **** **** **** ****!" like a normal person would do.
And have a level system for shooting and driving, so that you start out as an amateur like a normal person would but eventually become okay at shooting with more practice.

A girl or a guy could both fit easily into that and be done very well.

This sums up my thoughts, minus the leveling. That occurs naturally.
---
PSN / Origin / Steam: Arconyte
XBL: Aeronyte
#23FriendlyGamerPosted 11/8/2012 7:02:01 PM
Erik_P posted...

The fact that people find it funny that someone wants to play as a woman screams young and immature to me.

Isn't demanding that a product available to everyone should cater to you specifically not the epitome of arrogance? What gives you the right to say what should and shouldn't be in a game? It is not your product to sell.
#24doraemonllh1989Posted 11/8/2012 7:02:05 PM
Why do you wanna fantasize about a female in a video game TC
---
my grammar sucks and i dont care
disappointing game of the year = re6 (6.5/10)
#25RingsOfUranusPosted 11/8/2012 7:06:27 PM
88milesperhour posted...
FriendlyGamer posted...
Why is innovation so reliant on what gender the character's are? As long as their stories are interesting, their personalities fleshed out, why does it matter? The majority of people playing GTA5 will be male and they are going to want to relate to the characters, and become immersed in the game.

The problem is that their stories and personalities are not interesting. They're the same exact thing we've seen in other GTA games. They're rehashing the same old stories and hiding behind HD graphics and big worlds so we won't notice.

Rockstar thinks gamers are idiots, and of course the sheep on this board will hand over their preorders and money to play the same old **** and see the same old narrative.

To translate this post:

I can't play as a female; not buying this game.

No, no please, do go on about how the rest of us are stupid.
---
go back to Japan so you can play as your 4 girlie men in a line fighting giant varieties of every woodland creature. -IamTheWhiteGuy
#26Gamechamp3kPosted 11/8/2012 7:06:53 PM
First off: it's understandable they didn't go for a female protagonist. Not only is the average GTA player male (though not saying there aren't plenty of female players), when it comes to the crime story genre most the stereotypes are about men. The GTA series' characters are all fueled by stereotypes, so a female character would have little to draw from.

Second off: a female protagonist would not have to be physically weak. On average, women are weaker than men, sure, but this does not speak for every woman, and guns tend to be a good equalizer anyways. There is plenty of opportunity for female protagonists.
---
http://i.imgur.com/95MMK.jpg
http://backloggery.com/gamechamp/sig.gif Conan-kunnnnnnnn... <3
#27Erik_PPosted 11/8/2012 7:06:58 PM
FriendlyGamer posted...
Erik_P posted...

Isn't demanding that a product available to everyone should cater to you specifically not the epitome of arrogance? What gives you the right to say what should and shouldn't be in a game? It is not your product to sell.

How is wanting to play as a different gender arrogant?
---
Knock knock! Who's there? SHOOT ME IN THE FACE! - Face McShooty
#28FriendlyGamerPosted 11/8/2012 7:10:02 PM(edited)
Erik_P posted...

How is wanting to play as a different gender arrogant?

Not wanting, just expecting to play as a female then criticizing the game for not letting you do so. This is what the TC was raving about.
#29X_ThefusPosted 11/8/2012 7:10:15 PM
If there was a woman protag in a gta game, she would be like Elizabeta Torres.
---
Gamertag: ICHANOLIC
PSN: Thefus1
#30goldwPosted 11/8/2012 7:10:52 PM
No, because it would not make sense.

In real life, gangs do not let women lead, or become high ranking members. They do not seek out gun for hires that are women.

GTA looks to be more realistic, so a female protagonist does not make sense.

---
The Elbow of Peace shall cast judgement on the guilty