Three characters and they're all male. Why is Rockstar afraid of progress?

#51SiLVeR_420Posted 11/8/2012 9:45:45 PM
LesserAngel posted...
I have to agree with the TC that the characters we're seeing in GTA games is getting stale, but that has nothing to do with said character's gender. Also, why the same three locations over and over again? I'm sure they have a valid reason (maybe), but New York/Miami/LA is getting overused. How about Chicago or Philidelphia? Maybe try London again.

We've only gone to SA one time. So coming back to Los Santos is fine.
---
Gamertag- youngSiLVeRstar
Forgive the name.
#52LesserAngelPosted 11/8/2012 9:48:32 PM
Well, twice, GTA 2 and GTA San Andreas. But I'd like to see some other locations, that's all.
#53Erik_PPosted 11/8/2012 9:49:45 PM
but I cannot recall the last time I saw a woman that can bench press 400 and weighs 250 pounds of pure muscles.

http://femalebodybuilding.tumblr.com/

I think all these women could kick your ass and disprove your extremely ignorant statement. Hell, a quick Google Image search proves just how wrong you are.
---
Knock knock! Who's there? SHOOT ME IN THE FACE! - Face McShooty
#54wwervinPosted 11/8/2012 9:52:21 PM
Erik_P posted...
iedahG posted...
wwervin posted...
I don't find the idea of a 90 pound skinny blonde chick stealing cars in broad daylight in a bad neighborhood, and leading a group of psychopathic men on bank heists is very realistic.

Wow thats pretty sexist and its kind of silly since GTA has never really had any "realistic" set pieces in the first place.

Women can be ruthless too and if you think size and weight prevents people from being effective harden criminals then I suggest you look up the Latin kings, Crips, or the ms13. Some of these groups have women and child members who are high up in the respect chain for being so crazy, they even have all girl gangs who rob stores and murder people.

What do you expect from ignorant teenagers who still live at home with mommy and daddy and have never had a girlfriend in their life?

Yeah, let's make generalizations about people we don't know just because we don't agree with their opinions. Right?

Dumbass.. I'm 25 for the record. Hardly a teenager living at home with mommy and daddy. But what would you know. A GF'er that has to resort to weak attacks against someone just because they expressed an opinion. You sound like you need to wake up early for school tomorrow. Go to bed kid.
#55strange_guyPosted 11/8/2012 9:56:09 PM
Erik_P posted...
but I cannot recall the last time I saw a woman that can bench press 400 and weighs 250 pounds of pure muscles.

I think all these women could kick your ass and disprove your extremely ignorant statement. Hell, a quick Google Image search proves just how wrong you are.

LOL those women are so whimpy compared to this. There are guys who can pull SEMI trucks... SEMI TRUCKS.

http://www.theworldsstrongestman.com/individual-events/current/

Those women sure had muscles but I PROMISE you they cannot bench press 400... I can bench 300 and I have more muscles than those girls. I find it sad how you find no pride in being male.
---
---
Stupid is when you spend 18 hours trying to drown a fish.
#56Mentalpatient87Posted 11/8/2012 9:58:33 PM
The reasons people come up with for not wanting a female protagonist usually boil down to either sexism, small-mindedness, or both. They just can't imagine that some mere woman could be as awesome as a manly man.
---
"Star bringing purple! Star bringing yorbel! STOP BRINGING YORBEL! STOP RINGING YOUR BELL!"
#57iedahGPosted 11/8/2012 9:59:02 PM
strange_guy posted...
iedahG posted...
wwervin posted...
I don't find the idea of a 90 pound skinny blonde chick stealing cars in broad daylight in a bad neighborhood, and leading a group of psychopathic men on bank heists is very realistic.

Wow thats pretty sexist and its kind of silly since GTA has never really had any "realistic" set pieces in the first place.

Women can be ruthless too and if you think size and weight prevents people from being effective harden criminals then I suggest you look up the Latin kings, Crips, or the ms13. Some of these groups have women and child members who are high up in the respect chain for being so crazy, they even have all girl gangs who rob stores and murder people.

Really? You deny that there are gender differences when it comes to toughness? Why don't women play American football? Because the guys with 250 pounds of pure muscle(and some fat) would crush her. I have seen guys that scare the s*** out of me, but I cannot recall the last time I saw a woman that can bench press 400 and weighs 250 pounds of pure muscles.

I hate people who think both genders are exactly the same. It disgusts me. Nobody will deny that women do some stuff better than guys but screw the guys who say that they do stuff better than women!

Women can be involved in "masculine" activities but men cannot do "feminine" activities or they would be considered homosexual. I think society has disgusting double standards that makes me sick. Men are constantly told that they are worthless by the media and women and feminine males. The world is wide and open for women in the modern days, not so much for guys.

Admit it. There ARE some things that males can be proud of no matter what the media tells you and what movies tell you. If you look at women's activities in the military, they rarely do as many heroic acts as males.

Women are equal to men but we do have our strengths and weaknesses. We are not identical.
---

This has got to be the most stupid and pointless rant I have ever read in this topic...
That last bit was really uncalled for and it seems like you have some personal issues to work out because them paragraphs stunk of butthurt.

Who said genders are exactly the same?
You do realizes that criminals carry sharp objects and guns and sizes and strength dosent always dictates a winner in a fist fight and its nothing more then advantage right?
Also you do realizes that we are talking about grand theft auto which is a video game where a single man can kill off an entire police department and 50+ military personnel with a 9mm submachine gun and a pocket RPG?
---
(\__/)
(='.'=) --" Make things easy for people, not difficult."
#58LesserAngelPosted 11/8/2012 9:59:06 PM
strange_guy posted...
I find it sad how you find no pride in being male.

That's like being proud you were born. I could never figure out how someone could be proud over something that takes absolutely no effort to achieve.
#59Erik_PPosted 11/8/2012 9:59:27 PM
strange_guy posted...
Erik_P posted...

LOL those women are so whimpy compared to this. There are guys who can pull SEMI trucks... SEMI TRUCKS.

http://www.theworldsstrongestman.com/individual-events/current/

Those women sure had muscles but I PROMISE you they cannot bench press 400... I can bench 300 and I have more muscles than those girls. I find it sad how you find no pride in being male.
---

Lol, you think because I think it would be cool to play as a woman that I take no pride in being a male.

God damn, the amount of stupid that's on this board is insane.

Bunch of pathetic sexists that hate women come here I see. As soon as you feel the touch of a woman you'll grow out of it; it's not too late!
---
Knock knock! Who's there? SHOOT ME IN THE FACE! - Face McShooty
#60strange_guyPosted 11/8/2012 10:01:41 PM
Erik_P posted...

Lol, you think because I think it would be cool to play as a woman that I take no pride in being a male.

God damn, the amount of stupid that's on this board is insane.

Bunch of pathetic sexists that hate women come here I see. As soon as you feel the touch of a woman you'll grow out of it; it's not too late!

I only said this because you said a 90 pound blonde female can be just as ruthless as some badass gangster dude. Hell I could crush a 5'4" 90 pound blonde anyday and I'm not badass.
---
---
Stupid is when you spend 18 hours trying to drown a fish.