Three characters and they're all male. Why is Rockstar afraid of progress?

#71CruorComaPosted 11/8/2012 10:27:13 PM(edited)
Look, I'm not really for or against playing as woman, since the issue itself doesn't concern me, however the premise of quite a few of these counter arguments make no sense. We're expecting to play a game where we can shrug off bullet wounds and car crashes, yet the concept of a woman being able to do so is worth taking exception to because of the differences between the sexes in biological reality? What?
---
If you have a problem with potheads, throw your computer out the window right now. Why should you be able leech off the creativity of those you condemn?
#72iedahGPosted 11/8/2012 10:24:00 PM(edited)
strange_guy posted...
iedahG posted...

People who use that kind of logic always lived in the suburbs and quiet towns. They cant possible contemplate the concept of a gang banger with ovaries since you know, it was never portrayed in the video games they used to blow their egos and their out look on reality....

There are 4'9 high school girls out there who would have most of the users on this board wetting their pants if they ever encountered them.

LOL I grew up in the s*** areas of town and yes there are some women who are "tough" but I can promise you that they are nowhere near as badass as some of the ghetto dudes. They might be able to beat up the white boys but LOL give them a badass guy to beat and I'll tell you who wins. You watch too many movies of badass chicks showing off their "girl power".
---

Good job at ignoring the key points in my previous post.

lol sure you have. Sounds like you just grew up in an area full of wannabe thugs who try to be intimidating by starting fist fights with people who dirtied up their white airforces.
Tell me, what gangs were these "Ghetto dudes" running with?
---
(\__/)
(='.'=) --" Make things easy for people, not difficult."
#73strange_guyPosted 11/8/2012 10:23:45 PM
Oh and one more thing before I leave. The badass chicks? They usually are the ugly big ones. Not the little tiny sexy ones.
---
---
Stupid is when you spend 18 hours trying to drown a fish.
#74Mentalpatient87Posted 11/8/2012 10:24:06 PM
strange_guy posted...
LOL I grew up in the s*** areas of town

Which town?
---
"Star bringing purple! Star bringing yorbel! STOP BRINGING YORBEL! STOP RINGING YOUR BELL!"
#75strange_guyPosted 11/8/2012 10:25:06 PM
iedahG posted...

lol sure you have. Sounds like you just grew up in an area full of wannabe thugs who try to be intimidating by starting fist fights with people who dirtied up their white airforces.

The "gangs" were unimportant since they kept falling apart but I can tell you this. I know more people from my high school who are in prison than who are out.
---
---
#76strange_guyPosted 11/8/2012 10:26:00 PM
Mentalpatient87 posted...
strange_guy posted...

Which town?

In and out of Chicago. Never got to the REALLY bad areas but I've seen enough.
---
---
#77Mentalpatient87Posted 11/8/2012 10:26:11 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#78Chosen_1nePosted 11/8/2012 10:26:27 PM
look at voilent crime statistics and see how many of the perpetrators are females. Very few. It just wouldn't be believable in this type of role. If there was a female protagonist she'd probably be really manly, like snoop from the wire. No thanks.
#79Mentalpatient87Posted 11/8/2012 10:27:09 PM
strange_guy posted...
Mentalpatient87 posted...
strange_guy posted...

Which town?

In and out of Chicago. Never got to the REALLY bad areas but I've seen enough.
---

Calumet City ring any bells?
---
"Star bringing purple! Star bringing yorbel! STOP BRINGING YORBEL! STOP RINGING YOUR BELL!"
#80LesserAngelPosted 11/8/2012 10:27:52 PM
strange_guy posted...
iedahG posted...

The "gangs" were unimportant since they kept falling apart but I can tell you this. I know more people from my high school who are in prison than who are out.
---

So do I, but I live in a friggen suburb, being an idiot and getting arrested doesn't make someone a 'ganster' or badass.