Anyone else disappointed with the absence of gang wars?

#1pointyhair01Posted 11/8/2012 7:28:52 PM
The game looks amazing, but f*** if I wasn't looking forward to San Andreas style gang wars with the upgraded graphics and new physics engine...
---
There is nothing more humiliating than a woman calling out another man's name in bed, and it's Willy Wonka.
#2RingsOfUranusPosted 11/8/2012 7:31:12 PM
Did they confirm that gang wars weren't in? I didn't see them mention it at all.
---
go back to Japan so you can play as your 4 girlie men in a line fighting giant varieties of every woodland creature. -IamTheWhiteGuy
#3ill-thoughtsPosted 11/8/2012 7:33:01 PM
from what i remember, they didnt mention gang wars in any of the information about GTA:SA before the release....so maybe it will be the case with GTA5????? i know it would be Increasingly Difficult to make a freeroam game about Los Angeles and NOT include some sort of gang aspect, ESPECIALLY since it was such a huge part of SA and even GTA4 (though not as fleshed out UNFORTUNATELY).

at worst, Trevor will be involved in trailor park wars -_-
#4pointyhair01(Topic Creator)Posted 11/8/2012 7:38:50 PM
Just doesn't seem like any of the 3 are gang war types
---
There is nothing more humiliating than a woman calling out another man's name in bed, and it's Willy Wonka.
#5jonnybravoPosted 11/8/2012 7:42:16 PM
Not really, gangbangers are sloppy when it comes to " war",.
---
Be on the look out for crop dusters.
#6Mentalpatient87Posted 11/8/2012 7:48:44 PM
Nah, I found the turf wars boring and glitchy. Whenever I was presented with them I crushed them out ASAP so I wouldn't have to get "Your hood is under attack!" while I'm trying to do stuff on the other side of the damn state. Also, I got sick of trying to chase down the stragglers that ran the complete opposite direction for no reason, without failing the mission for leaving the area. All in all they were frustrating, repetitive, and a little unrewarding. And again, glitchy.
---
"Star bringing purple! Star bringing yorbel! STOP BRINGING YORBEL! STOP RINGING YOUR BELL!"
#7SiLVeR_420Posted 11/8/2012 7:59:57 PM
The theme of GTA:SA was gang culture so it fit.
I don't see how it would fit in this one.
---
Gamertag- youngSiLVeRstar
Forgive the name.
#8mr_new_vegasPosted 11/8/2012 8:05:25 PM
I'm with the guy above me. I absolutely never understood why people enjoyed such a buggy, repetitive and frustrating minigame. I think even pool was much more enjoyable than that horrible "minigame" thing
---
Playing: Driver, Morrowind. Reading: The Unbearable Lightness of Being.
#9bguy9Posted 11/8/2012 9:38:59 PM
Mentalpatient87 posted...
Nah, I found the turf wars boring and glitchy. Whenever I was presented with them I crushed them out ASAP so I wouldn't have to get "Your hood is under attack!" while I'm trying to do stuff on the other side of the damn state. Also, I got sick of trying to chase down the stragglers that ran the complete opposite direction for no reason, without failing the mission for leaving the area. All in all they were frustrating, repetitive, and a little unrewarding. And again, glitchy.

This.
#10doraemonllh1989Posted 11/8/2012 9:55:24 PM
gang wars are kind lame,and repetitive

but i do love a bunch of npc fighting with another
---
my grammar sucks and i dont care
disappointing game of the year = re6 (6.5/10)