Why is always the main charachter(s) white?

#1IiXxCodMw3xXiIPosted 11/11/2012 4:27:51 AM
Now since 2 of 3 of the protoganists in gta v is white and the third one is mixed I started to wonder why almost every characther in gta is white? In gta 3, vice city, gta iv and in gta v they have all been white and the only game where it was a black guy (san andreas) he was pretty light skinned and had white blood. So why is every protaganist white?

(Might be some spell errors)
#2HoosierGuy88Posted 11/11/2012 4:35:58 AM
Because Rockstar says so. It's their decision to tell the stories how they want to, therefore it's also their decision to pick the main characters race, ethnicity, personality traits and whatever else. Simple really.
#3m100t8sPosted 11/11/2012 4:51:31 AM
Whats the problem with that? i hope you're not pointing that R* is racist.
#4behemoth056Posted 11/11/2012 5:43:31 AM
anyone else notice with all the other gta game before IV the only game we where able to swim was san andreas and vice city stories both being black. so i guest white people can't swim well.
---
"i love the smell of napalm in the morning...smells like...victory"
#5creep50Posted 11/11/2012 5:45:25 AM
umm i hate to be the one pointing it out but the protagonists in most games are white

rockstar has actually been mixing it up alot more than most developers....btw would niko be considered white???
---
San Andreas > > > > > > > > >Desert Bus > > > > > > > >GTA 4
#6creep50Posted 11/11/2012 5:47:15 AM
behemoth056 posted...
anyone else notice with all the other gta game before IV the only game we where able to swim was san andreas and vice city stories both being black. so i guest white people can't swim well.

lol....only black people can use parachutes
---
San Andreas > > > > > > > > >Desert Bus > > > > > > > >GTA 4
#7Gamechamp3kPosted 11/11/2012 5:54:48 AM
behemoth056 posted...

lol....only black people can use parachutes

Luis is hispanic.
---
http://i.imgur.com/QGpbJ.jpg
http://backloggery.com/gamechamp/sig.gif Hershel-channnnnnn... <3
#8sal9e3sPosted 11/11/2012 6:24:44 AM
Troll topic but I'll respond. The majority of people who play video games are white. Players want a character they can identify with. It's simple math.
---
GT - Super Drunk Guy
#9CruorComaPosted 11/11/2012 6:30:45 AM
Well, according to the latest census: 72 percent of the American population is white. I'll think you'll find that GTA games from III - V have made only 64 percent of their protagonists white. So... yeah.
---
If you have a problem with potheads, throw your computer out the window right now. Why should you be able leech off the creativity of those you condemn?
#10The New BlueguyPosted 11/11/2012 6:54:22 AM
Well, to be honest even as a black guy, I don't really care what my protagonist's ethnicity is as in truth once you step inside the fiction and move away from the basics (same ethnicity as respective player, possible similar life experiences/backgrounds (how often does this one even apply in video game fiction?) ) there's nothing else except the core story that's the same fantasy for all of us.

CJ being black and being raised in a poor/violent neighbourhood like myself didn't put me any closer to living the fantasy of jetpacking across the skies of LA with an M-16 while the National Guard raced to take me down any more than any white player from a nice neighbourhood would have found it relatable.
---
PSN ID: AnarchyDagger23