There should be a metal radio station.

#1Dunmer999Posted 11/11/2012 10:54:47 AM
There hasn't really been one, except San Andreas had some good metal on Radio X, and LCHC in which you couldn't understand many of the words. There needs to be a station with metal that isn't screamo or noise. Bands like Metallica, Machine Head, Slipknot, All That Remains, etc. Not saying I like all those bands, but those are popular ones that come to mind, and that's kinda they style of radio station I'd want.
#2jimbobrulezPosted 11/11/2012 11:24:20 AM
Rather see a Grunge station with Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Jane's Addiction, etc.
---
its like gta: sa... Carl should've had 1 star at all times, just being a black guy in 1990s L.A.- Masonator 2002
#3Dunmer999(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2012 11:29:52 AM
Well... That sounds like Radio X... If it was a choice between metal and what you describe... I don't know. I'd be okay with either.
#4Psycho_KenshinPosted 11/11/2012 11:32:27 AM(edited)
I agree, a metal station would be cool. Though the selection would need to be great. Saints Row games have had metal stations, and they've often felt a little generic, though with some gems. Now Brutal Legend, there's a game with a superb metal soundtrack.

VROCK in Vice City had the best metal I'd say, with Slayer, Megadeth, Maiden, etc.
---
One Piece: Pirates with style!
-= Metal Gear Solid: Tactical Espionage Action =-
#5sidstarterPosted 11/11/2012 12:22:17 PM
Yeah the rock station in GTA 4 ws pretty poop since it was testosterone filled idiots singing. Some good alt metal and prog metal would be nice.
---
:O
#6Revocation68Posted 11/11/2012 12:24:52 PM
Dunmer999 posted...
There hasn't really been one, except San Andreas had some good metal on Radio X, and LCHC in which you couldn't understand many of the words. There needs to be a station with metal that isn't screamo or noise. Bands like Metallica, Machine Head, Slipknot, All That Remains, etc. Not saying I like all those bands, but those are popular ones that come to mind, and that's kinda they style of radio station I'd want.

When you consider Slipknot and All That Remains metal...there is a problem. I think of them as a more commercial/sanitized version of "metal". I get tired of hearing all the standard/run of the mill metal bands like Metallica, Slayer, Iron Maiden etc. Metal has more variety than just those bands.

Give me a radio station that has bands like Meshuggah, Gojira, Revocation,Cannibal Corpse, Whitechapel etc .Mix it up instead of playing crap like avenged sevenfold all the time. Like I've never played a game that had black metal in it, that would be different...and cheesy
#7Revocation68Posted 11/11/2012 12:28:13 PM
sidstarter posted...
Yeah the rock station in GTA 4 ws pretty poop since it was testosterone filled idiots singing. Some good alt metal and prog metal would be nice.

You sound like one of those people that would detest a genre like death metal.
#8aneurysmPosted 11/11/2012 12:37:14 PM
sidstarter posted...

The funny thing is, all the bands were typical famous rock bands, it was just that the songs were their crappy b-sides.
---
Some may never live, but the crazy never die
#9Psycho_KenshinPosted 11/11/2012 12:39:35 PM
Revocation68 posted...
Dunmer999 posted...

When you consider Slipknot and All That Remains metal...there is a problem. I think of them as a more commercial/sanitized version of "metal". I get tired of hearing all the standard/run of the mill metal bands like Metallica, Slayer, Iron Maiden etc. Metal has more variety than just those bands.

Give me a radio station that has bands like Meshuggah, Gojira, Revocation,Cannibal Corpse, Whitechapel etc .Mix it up instead of playing crap like avenged sevenfold all the time. Like I've never played a game that had black metal in it, that would be different...and cheesy

I don't like Avenged etc myself either, but metal isn't just what you like. Though agreed a well selected diverse selection would be good.
---
One Piece: Pirates with style!
-= Metal Gear Solid: Tactical Espionage Action =-
#10Bob_EsrockPosted 11/11/2012 1:03:24 PM
I approve of this idea. I also approve of most of the bands listed. I also agree with the guy who said there should be some black metal. I also agree with the guy who said the station should be like the Brutal Legend soundtrack.

Some of you are getting kind of silly though with your 'this metal band isn't metal because rabble rabble rabble' shenanigans. Metal is metal. End.
---
Lurking since 1999
Am I the only one who tends to read topics as one large self-argumentative post?