There should be a metal radio station.

#21CruorComaPosted 11/18/2012 12:09:02 AM
Motley Crue, Poison, Warrant, Ratt, Twisted Sister etc are metal. Just a different type. Personally I love all metal bands that were peaking before the 90's. As such, StarGoy listed many a bands I'm very fond of as artists he dislikes. *sadface*
---
If you have a problem with potheads, throw your computer out the window right now. Why should you be able leech off the creativity of those you condemn?
#22Dunmer999(Topic Creator)Posted 11/18/2012 12:15:12 AM
StarGoy posted...
No Metallica, Anthrax, Slayer, Megadeth, or Iron Maiden, and no Testament. No Crue, no Ratt, no GNR, Skidrow, Lizzy Borden, and definitely no Poison or Warrant. There're plenty of new (and good) post-2010 bands in those genres. Not gonna happen, though.

You want post 2010 bands? IMO, metal, like many genres, has its best music taken from many different times and styles.
#23StarGoyPosted 11/18/2012 4:35:04 AM(edited)
I_Wanna_Cookie posted...

If you are saying they should not be metal bands in this game, then i hate you.

If you are saying Poison and Warrant are metal bands, i hate you even more.

As for the rest i dont feel like addressing because the rest is the least bothersome

Heh. Nah. Almost everyone loves the big four of metal or Maiden. They've just been overused. Give the new blood a chance; it'd capture our era.

Back in the day, Ratt and Crue (up to Shout) were metal. Poison and Warrant, however, need to remain dead.

Answering the other guy: nah, some old iconic metal would be good, like when stations play a few throwbacks, for instance. But there's excellent 2009- metal out there right now -- better than it's been for decades. Move it forward. Vrock could be filled with entirely new songs, as could a thrash/bordering extreme metal station.

I used to be unimpressed with newer bands as well, believe me. My tastes are acute. But it's good out there now.

Samples. youtube these:

Hard Rock to New Wave of Hair Metal:
Airbourne - Girls in Black;
Crashdiet - Needle in Your Eye
Crashdiet - Rebel;
Crazy Lixxx - Riot Avenue;

Heavy to New Wave of Thrash:
Steelwing - Full Speed Ahead;
Skull Fist - Ride the Beast;
Enforcer - Katana;
Christian Mistress - Riding on the Edges;
Ravage - Grapes of Wrath;
Ravage - The Shredder;
Relentless - War Without End;
Hexen - No More Color;
#24CruorComaPosted 11/18/2012 5:57:25 AM
Surely there's room for both the young bloods and the pioneers? I don't usually contribute a whole lot to these music topics, but for some reason I feel compelled to write my ideal Classic Metal/Hard Rock station playlist. Indulge me.

Diamond Head - Am I Evil
Judas Priest - Breaking the Law
Megadeth - Symphony of Destruction
Iron Maiden - Hallowed be they Name
Black Sabbath - Sweet Leaf
Motorhead - Overkill
AC/DC - Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap
Anthrax - Got the Time
Slayer - I am the Law
Metallica - Master of Puppets
Motley Crue - Dr. Feelgood
Dio - Rainbow in the Dark

Yes, each one of those bands are overplayed, but there's great reason for that.

note: Before anyone says "How can you not include Pantera in list such as this?". Never a fan. My list, my bands.
---
If you have a problem with potheads, throw your computer out the window right now. Why should you be able leech off the creativity of those you condemn?
#25holden4everPosted 11/18/2012 6:10:35 AM
Opeth - Serenity Painted Death
Symphony X - The Serpent's Kiss
Suicidal Tendencies - You Can't Bring Me Down
Lacuna Coil - To The Edge
---
http://thebulldogs.com.au/media/logo_2010.png - 2012 NRL Season: Minor Premiers. Grand Final runners-up. Bring on 2013.
#26StarGoyPosted 11/18/2012 8:32:12 AM
"Yes, each one oft hose bands are overplayed, but there's great reason for that"

Of course; we all love them. Personally, I'd save them all for an 80s game. Having a metal station filled with tunes released in the 80s in both a modern and 80s set game is too limited. Listen to at least one of the tracks I listed and you'll know why.
#27FromanothertimePosted 11/18/2012 8:17:32 PM
Definitely agree, a metal station with alot of variety! Death, Atheist or a Cryptopsy song would be nice. I can't help but imagine what kind of chaos i would create on the streets listening to Dillinger esc plan.
#28Velvet_LlamaPosted 11/19/2012 2:36:30 PM
I hope that there's only one radio station in the game, that it only plays "We Built This City" by Starship and you can't turn it off- ever.
---
This space reserved for future witty comment.
Maybe it can be yours!!!! (Probably not).
#29UtterMoonPosted 11/19/2012 3:38:26 PM
Ugh..these topics are always pretty lame. You get a bunch of people..coming in and proclaiming that they know what metal..or rap..or country music really is. And then they list a bunch of obscure band names, thinking that they are the guru of their music genre. Its only a matter of time before someone claims that Blue Oyster Cult is metal.

GTA has had plenty of metal stations, sometimes they are mixed with rock. Will there be some less "mainstream" hits? Sure...but there are so many of these under the radar bands..that the chance for your fav...is pretty low.
#30enterthemadroxPosted 11/19/2012 3:42:09 PM
Metallica
Static-X
Meshuggah
Motorhead (Doctor Rock please, tired of Ace Of Spades now)
Pantera (or Down or Superjoint Ritual or Hellyeah or all of them)
Otep
Judas Priest
Austrian Death Machine
Deftones
The Devin Townsend Project
Zimmers Hole
Megadeth
Sepultura (early stuff maybe, like the Arise material?)

Just some of the bands I grew up with over the years that I'd love to see on a metal station in a GTA or SR game.
---
Getting awfully tired of GameFAQs mods removing my posts for being "offensive" when I've done nothing wrong