you cant buy houses or date women...

#11Flid MerchantPosted 11/11/2012 6:28:58 PM
Yeah I'm a bit annoyed about no property, I prefer the businesses that open up missions and abilities more than safehouses.
#12bluehat94Posted 11/11/2012 6:32:45 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if we "acquired" property over the course of the story, or who knows, maybe you can crash at your friends houses, either of those would be great alternatives to buying property.
---
"So my lunch today involved both a noodle packet and a sauce packet....so yeah, things are going pretty well for me."
#13Gamechamp3kPosted 11/11/2012 6:33:48 PM
I'm glad about the lack of dating; it felt really pointless to date almost all of the girls in San Andreas and IV, since all that ever happened on dates was:

Girl: *says something funny*
Protagonist: *doesn't listen*

I did like the friendships in IV, though, because they actually added to the characters' backstories and helped you get to know them.
---
http://i.imgur.com/jkRCy.jpg
http://backloggery.com/gamechamp/sig.gif Victorique-channnnnnn... <3
#14Mr357MagnumPosted 11/11/2012 7:08:36 PM
bluehat94 posted...
I wouldn't be surprised if we "acquired" property over the course of the story, or who knows, maybe you can crash at your friends houses, either of those would be great alternatives to buying property.

My thought exactly. For the sake of believability I'm guess R* didn't want to have to deal with creating a real estate system where you'd have to worry about rents/mortgages.
#15doraemonllh1989Posted 11/11/2012 7:59:00 PM
what if we can customize safehouse :D
---
my grammar sucks and i dont care
disappointing game of the year = re6 (6.5/10)
#16bluehat94Posted 11/11/2012 8:06:02 PM
doraemonllh1989 posted...

Why do you want GTA to copy Saints Row? R* wants to innovate, not regurgitate something another game has already done.
---
"So my lunch today involved both a noodle packet and a sauce packet....so yeah, things are going pretty well for me."
#17doraemonllh1989Posted 11/11/2012 8:34:24 PM(edited)
bluehat94 posted...

Why do you want GTA to copy Saints Row? R* wants to innovate, not regurgitate something another game has already done.

can we please stop with this stupid argument?how old are you?

wawawawawa other game copied gta

gta is an epic game it doesnt need to copy other games wawawawa

go look at gtaforum,a lot of people wanted customize safehouse since property buying is not in the game
---
#18Offworlder1Posted 11/11/2012 8:44:38 PM
You know GTA V had me happy seeing it bring back some great things, but the fact you can not buy property is just stupid since that is something people wanted back, even RDR had this and why show the "for sale" part in the trailer if buying property was not really in the game ?

The dating gone is a mixed bag, sure it was kind of gimmicky but added realism and variety plus perks in both GTA:SA and GTA IV. Rockstar said this would be their most ambitious game but taking out dating, not allowing you to buy property feels like a un needed sacrifice just so they can have 3 playable characters.
---
"Always two there are, a master and an apprentice"
#19bluehat94Posted 11/11/2012 8:53:27 PM
bluehat94 posted...

can we please stop with this stupid argument?how old are you?

wawawawawa other game copied gta

gta is an epic game it doesnt need to copy other games wawawawa

go look at gtaforum,a lot of people wanted customize safehouse since property buying is not in the game

That actually isn't what i'm trying to say at all, it's just we already have a game where we can do that, I want something new, not something that's already been done. I love Saints Row, and I love GTA, and I would love if they stayed separate.
---
#20doraemonllh1989Posted 11/11/2012 8:53:55 PM
Maybe there will be a lot of safehouse in this game to substitute that
---