Rumored leak from a year ago mentions a lot of things shown in the last month.

#1wesastro911Posted 11/11/2012 3:00:28 PM
http://www.vg247.com/2011/11/05/rumor-supposed-gta-v-information-outed-by-uk-playstation-magazine-employee/

- Main African-American character in early 30s? Well GI cover has Franklin at center and he's close to the 30s.

- Dogs and cattle. Dogs have pretty much been confirmed with artwork and cows seen on farm in Grapeseed picture

- a mission with a waterfall jump. Waterfall in the game confirmed.

- Dating aspect gone. Yep, confirmed in GI article.

- Lighting a trail of gas on fire. Confirmed that Trevor does this in GI article.

I'll eat bricks if this leak winds up being mostly true, because it sounds so awesome.
#2gtaking5Posted 11/11/2012 3:18:55 PM(edited)
It's not true. Nothing leaks from R*. Ever.

Also Franklin, IIRC, is around 24 or 25.

And it only said one Main Character. If it were a real leak it would say three, with a description of all three of them, since the protagonist is one of the things R* get out of the way right at the start, and thus, GTA V has probably been planned with 3 protagonists since the beginning.
---
We used to call it speed, but now it's crystal meth
Back when I loved you but you're scaring me to death
#3SiLVeR_420Posted 11/11/2012 3:21:58 PM
And Franklin's not African American.
---
Gamertag- youngSiLVeRstar
Forgive the name.
#4wesastro911(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2012 3:28:50 PM(edited)
Well there's not much difference between 24 and 30 or so. Franklin is considered a mixed race, but the "leaker" could have thought he was simply African-American. Perhaps this "leak" was before some things got cut and added. Maybe they only seen one of the players and not the other. Also, it says the game is 4 times bigger than Liberty City in IV. Well that sounds about right with the whole bigger than SA, RDR, and GTAIV combined map size of this game. The customizing weight doesn't add up and some other things. The NPCs seeming more realistic goes along with the GI article, although that was a given really. Oh yeah, triathlons were confirmed in the GI article as well.

I'm just putting this out there. I'm not claiming I believe it, but that the "leak" has strangely got pretty close.
#5wwervinPosted 11/11/2012 3:27:36 PM
Didn't you or someone else make this EXACT same post a few days ago? We survived a year long drought, and now that we have information rolling out, do you guys seriously have nothing new to talk about? Do you really need to post the same things over and over again?

And for the record, just because a few of those ideas happened to coincide with reality, doesn't make it true. There were plenty of things that were completely wrong. Or are we just picking the right ones and calling it a day here? You can't just do that. All that "leak" was, was a forum troll seeking attention. His ideas were so broad that some of them HAD to be true.

Also no magazine had access to this game last year. They just started revealing stuff now, not one year ago. No mag would hold on to exclusive information that long, and it would be stupid of Rockstar to start showing it that early.
#6TRC187Posted 11/11/2012 3:29:09 PM
wesastro911 posted...
http://www.vg247.com/2011/11/05/rumor-supposed-gta-v-information-outed-by-uk-playstation-magazine-employee/

- Main African-American character in early 30s? Well GI cover has Franklin at center and he's close to the 30s.

- Dogs and cattle. Dogs have pretty much been confirmed with artwork and cows seen on farm in Grapeseed picture

- Lighting a trail of gas on fire. Confirmed that Trevor does this in GI article.

I'll eat bricks if this leak winds up being mostly true, because it sounds so awesome.

Not sure what you're referring to in the Grapeseed pic, but there are no cows in the picture. Its definitely a farm, no disagreement there, and you could assume there would be cows on a farm, but there are none shown in the picture. I hope they are included though.
#7wwervinPosted 11/11/2012 3:32:52 PM
wesastro911 posted...

Also let me specifically debunk this for you one by one.

1. Franklin is not the "main character." He is one of three. He's also 25 from what we've heard. This information was wrong and the only reason it said the main character was black was because of the trailer showing a black man driving and running from cops during a sequence. It was plain old fashioned speculation.

2. A dog was shown in the trailer. Animals were in RDR. They're only speculating here, yet again.

3. They said there's a mission with a waterfall jump, but why don't you quote the exact thing here. They said there's a fully working sewer system. That hasn't been confirmed. And just because there's a waterfall doesn't mean there's a mission where you jump there.

4. The dating aspect was one of the most hated features in GTA IV. Nobody seemed to like it. It's not a stretch to say it's gone.

5. This is probably the only piece of info I've seen that really coincides with anything, and even then it doesn't account for the fact that a lot of the information given is either wrong or achieved by pure speculation.
#8gtaking5Posted 11/11/2012 3:49:14 PM(edited)
And Franklin's not African American.

Actually, he is. Unless he get's gradually darker throughout the game. That "Hispanic" looking guy in the trailer isn't Franklin(at least not anymore, if he was at some point)

Tell me Franklin looks Hispanic in either of these pictures. Because he doesn't. Sure he may be mixed race, but his father is obviously African-American, as he wouldn't be that dark if he was Latino.

http://i.imgur.com/bWjHb.jpg
http://www.rockstargames.com/V/screenshots/screenshot/111.full

@wwervin: There actually may be cows in the game. As indicated by these screenshots
http://i.imgur.com/jgyhm.jpg

You'll have to zoom in with CTRL+MW Up, but you can easily make out the shape of a cow in the first red circle.

And dating can, and probably will return in future games, as Dan Houser said. It's just not in GTA V because it wouldn't fit. Michael is a married man with children(I'm doubting if he can buy prostitutes), Trevor is a twiggy old drug addicted, suicidal maniac, so who would date him? Another old, twiggy drug addicted suicidal maniac maybe. And Franklin seems like the kinda guy who has to much going on to worry about chicks.

Also animals are in the game. Game Informer clearly pointed it out.
---
I can't take it anymore with all the liars, like a prisoner of war
I don't want your sympathy, I don't want your honesty, I just want to get some peace of mind
#9wwervinPosted 11/11/2012 3:49:41 PM(edited)
^ So you picked the 2 darkest pictures of him to prove that he's black? Hmmmm.. seems legit.

http://s.pro-gmedia.com/videogamer/media/images/pub/large/gta5_gameinformer_cover.jpg

He looks like he might have a touch of Latino in that picture. We don't know though unless Rockstar tells us. Also, yes, he was in the first trailer. He's the one driving that red convertible. Watch closely. I think he appears again later in the trailer.

EDIT: By the way you were thinking of someone else in response to that cows thing. I never said cows weren't in that picture. I agree with you there, clearly cows in the background.
#10LordPonchoPosted 11/11/2012 3:49:35 PM
One person makes this thread, I say they're wrong, get labeled a troll.

See it again a few days later, TC is labeled stupid, everyone else is right. Come on GameFAQS, where's your consistency?
---
"lol der was a shdow on my carpet but ti looked like a stane and tried to clen it up but ti was a shadoow" -Ghost4800