red dead redemption's map wasn't larger than san andreas'...was it??

#11thedeparted94Posted 11/12/2012 2:52:37 PM
Vincet_Chase posted...
B0vril posted...
Delkura posted...
Yes, RDR's map is bigger. Roughly 2.5 times the size of San Andreas, I believe.

nope. it's actually smaller. in terms of actual land mass probably not by much.

nope, RDR is actually significantly bigger than San Andreas. Thats fact. Deal with it.

No its not fact, & i don't see how you can accurately measure which one is bigger..

I'd say san andreas..
---
<PSN> britz02
#12Gamer_X27Posted 11/12/2012 3:15:14 PM
RDR's map is definitely smaller SA's map, RDR probably feels bigger because you don't have cars, helicopters, and planes to travel quickly across the map.
---
Loss of focus and loss of balance leads to loss of life - Dragon's Dogma
#13dooyaunastanPosted 11/12/2012 3:36:07 PM
http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=531982

"Conclusions

San Andreas is the largest game world of the three.

"GTA V is larger than San Andreas, GTA IV and Red Dead Redemption combined" statement means
GTA V could be roughly 30 sq m (somewhere in the ballpark)

"GTA V is larger than San Andreas, GTA IV and Red Dead Redemption combined" statement means
it could take over HALF AN HOUR to jog from one side of the map to the other

Cars are faster than horses, but those horses are pretty damn quick"

Basically :

GTA:SA - ~ 14 Sq Miles
RDR - ~12 Sq Miles
GTA IV - ~6 Sq Miles

The statement (not quoted) continued actually includes both interior and exterior areas, but even then, 32 Sq M, and if (unrealistically) 12 of those are just interior, the exterior game world will still be 20 SQ M, which is basically adding GTA IV's map onto San Andreas'.
---
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant. - Harlan Ellison
#14TRC187Posted 11/12/2012 3:48:35 PM
Vincet_Chase posted...
B0vril posted...
Delkura posted...
Yes, RDR's map is bigger. Roughly 2.5 times the size of San Andreas, I believe.

nope. it's actually smaller. in terms of actual land mass probably not by much.

nope, RDR is actually significantly bigger than San Andreas. Thats fact. Deal with it.

Don't even start with B0vril, he has blinders on and will never understand that he's wrong. He's been proven wrong about 50 times, but still insists that he knows more than R* themselves. Genius.
#15TRC187Posted 11/12/2012 4:04:46 PM(edited)
dooyaunastan posted...
http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=531982

"Conclusions

San Andreas is the largest game world of the three.

GTA V could be roughly 30 sq m (somewhere in the ballpark)

it could take over HALF AN HOUR to jog from one side of the map to the other

Cars are faster than horses, but those horses are pretty damn quick"

Basically :

GTA:SA - ~ 14 Sq Miles
RDR - ~12 Sq Miles
GTA IV - ~6 Sq Miles

The statement (not quoted) continued actually includes both interior and exterior areas, but even then, 32 Sq M, and if (unrealistically) 12 of those are just interior, the exterior game world will still be 20 SQ M, which is basically adding GTA IV's map onto San Andreas'.

Jesus Christ, R* themselves say RDR is the biggest open world game they've made, stop this nonsense.

Do you have any idea how utterly stupid you look when using this link as a reference for proof??? Look at the maps, notice any problems with scale here? So, you are agreeing that these maps are scaled exactly the same? Have a look at the city of Blackwater on RDR's map... If you've played the game you should semi-understand the size of the city. Now look at SA's map... According to this tool, the city of Blackwater is the same size of an average size building on San Andreas' map.. look at the map. Mt Chiliad on San Andreas map is no where near the size of Tall Trees on RDR, just look. Its not difficult. Or at least it shouldn't be for a sane person.

RDR has been confirmed to be 28 sq mi. - SA is between 13.6 - 13.9 sq mi. Again, anyone who has played either of them thoroughly knows this simple fact.
#16doug123Posted 11/12/2012 4:05:51 PM
So marketing beats math?
#17alastor_91Posted 11/12/2012 4:17:57 PM
You got the proof in your face and you still think SA is bigger? You got problems, man.
---
I ran into a group of men trying to take an old lady's purse and decided it was my duty to help out. She was a tough old broad, but in the end we got her purse.
#18TRC187Posted 11/12/2012 4:18:01 PM
doug123 posted...
So marketing beats math?

Marketing doesn't beat correct math.. And whoever that clown is, his math is incorrect. Look at the scales that he is trying to compare!

I'd hope that you can visually see the issue here. Exactly like I said, look at the city, and look at SA's map.. If you've played either... Its not hard to figure this out. His math is wrong, wrong enough that I actually see how wrong he is.

I emailed R* the other day solely to put this to bed. As soon as I receive the response, I'll post the email. Any wager you'd like to place first? I'd love to make a $100 off anyone stupid enough to think what everyone else knows is fact.
#19CruorComaPosted 11/12/2012 4:22:55 PM
According to that topic, the town of Blackwater is the size of Blackfield stadium. No.
---
If you have a problem with potheads, throw your computer out the window right now. Why should you be able leech off the creativity of those you condemn?
#20TRC187Posted 11/12/2012 4:33:02 PM
CruorComa posted...
According to that topic, the town of Blackwater is the size of Blackfield stadium. No.

Exactly my point. What he is trying to accurately depict as "1 mile" on SA is more realistically 2 - 2.5 or 3 miles on RDR. His scale is so far off its almost funny. The RDR map is gigantic, its no secret. I don't understand how this is even a question if you've played and are familiar with both games. I'm no RDR cheerleader, I love SA too, but facts are facts, stop letting your SA fanboyism twist your head around.