red dead redemption's map wasn't larger than san andreas'...was it??

#101TRC187Posted 11/14/2012 1:01:24 PM
Canes01010 posted...
TRC187 posted...
"TRC187 posted...

Your mathematical "proof" is broken. Why? Because its not consistent or accurate with anyone elses opinion with RDR"

Also, the statment above isn't how I intended to type it. Sometimes my hands are slower than my mind, and I don't complete my thought. For a minute there I was typing as fast as I could in an attempt to defend myself against 3 people.

What I meant to say is:

"Your mathematical "proof" is broken, Why? Because its not consistent or accurate with say, someone else riding a horse across the same map, which in-turn translates to just another opinion because you'd have a different time, different speed, different overall result"..

Thats what I meant by that.

Well obviously if you walked the horse across the map it would take longer. The whole point of the video was to prove you wrong when you said it was impossible to cross the map in that time. I don't care if the horse was sprinting, jogging, trotting, walking, whatever. The fact of the matter is that it crossed the map in 8 minutes, proving you wrong and showing how the map isn't as huge as you tried to say it was.

And do you mind telling us what that catch is instead of just saying there is one and not explaining what it was?

God, this is so petty.

The only reason that person managed to get across the map in that amount of time is because of the rewardable War Horse achievement, which runs 1.5X faster than the fastest horse in the game and has about 10x the amount of stamina.

Its saying that you can drive across San Andreas in a certain amount of time and then driving the uber cheat code cop car to do it with and then saying, ha ha.. I DID IT!!!

My point is, you are talking in black and white.... but what you aren't realizing is, there is no black and white, theres only a big, fat grey area that can't be used for any type of accurate measurement.
#102Canes01010Posted 11/14/2012 1:12:04 PM
TRC187 posted...
Canes01010 posted...
TRC187 posted...
"TRC187 posted...

Your mathematical "proof" is broken. Why? Because its not consistent or accurate with anyone elses opinion with RDR"

Also, the statment above isn't how I intended to type it. Sometimes my hands are slower than my mind, and I don't complete my thought. For a minute there I was typing as fast as I could in an attempt to defend myself against 3 people.

What I meant to say is:

"Your mathematical "proof" is broken, Why? Because its not consistent or accurate with say, someone else riding a horse across the same map, which in-turn translates to just another opinion because you'd have a different time, different speed, different overall result"..

Well obviously if you walked the horse across the map it would take longer. The whole point of the video was to prove you wrong when you said it was impossible to cross the map in that time. I don't care if the horse was sprinting, jogging, trotting, walking, whatever. The fact of the matter is that it crossed the map in 8 minutes, proving you wrong and showing how the map isn't as huge as you tried to say it was.

And do you mind telling us what that catch is instead of just saying there is one and not explaining what it was?

God, this is so petty.

The only reason that person managed to get across the map in that amount of time is because of the rewardable War Horse achievement, which runs 1.5X faster than the fastest horse in the game and has about 10x the amount of stamina.

Its saying that you can drive across San Andreas in a certain amount of time and then driving the uber cheat code cop car to do it with and then saying, ha ha.. I DID IT!!!

My point is, you are talking in black and white.... but what you aren't realizing is, there is no black and white, theres only a big, fat grey area that can't be used for any type of accurate measurement.

The War Horse had the same speed of the American Standardbred and the same stamina as the Kentucky Saddler. The horse War is the one it sounds you're describing.
---
Am I telling the truth.
#103TRC187Posted 11/14/2012 4:16:15 PM
Canes01010 posted...
TRC187 posted...
Canes01010 posted...
TRC187 posted...
"TRC187 posted...

What I meant to say is:

God, this is so petty.

The War Horse had the same speed of the American Standardbred and the same stamina as the Kentucky Saddler. The horse War is the one it sounds you're describing.

I've never heard of the "horse War"? Are you sure thats the right name? I'm almost positive that the War Horse is the fastest horse in the game, and has the highest stamina. If you google,"whats the fastest horse in RDR?", the answer is usually War Horse, or it will say, "Besides the War Horse, the fastest horse in the game is .......". So, I dunno. I'm not aware of any other horse that can keep up with the War Horse.
#104creep50Posted 11/14/2012 4:37:38 PM
TRC187 posted...
Canes01010 posted...
TRC187 posted...
Canes01010 posted...
TRC187 posted...
"TRC187 posted...

What I meant to say is:

God, this is so petty.

I've never heard of the "horse War"? Are you sure thats the right name? I'm almost positive that the War Horse is the fastest horse in the game, and has the highest stamina. If you google,"whats the fastest horse in RDR?", the answer is usually War Horse, or it will say, "Besides the War Horse, the fastest horse in the game is .......". So, I dunno. I'm not aware of any other horse that can keep up with the War Horse.

http://reddead.wikia.com/wiki/American_Standardbred

´´The American Standardbred has the greatest speed, making it the fastest horse in the game´´
---
San Andreas > > > > > > > > >Desert Bus > > > > > > > >GTA 4
#105Mentalpatient87Posted 11/14/2012 4:44:05 PM
*ahem*

I believe he meant "the horse, War," as in, War is its name. Y'know, Famine, Pestilence, Death, and War? Carry on.
---
"Star bringing purple! Star bringing yorbel! STOP BRINGING YORBEL! STOP RINGING YOUR BELL!"
#106creep50Posted 11/14/2012 4:56:26 PM
Mentalpatient87 posted...
*ahem*

I believe he meant "the horse, War," as in, War is its name. Y'know, Famine, Pestilence, Death, and War? Carry on.

might be but that horse is not that fast and it is a undead nightmare exclusive
---
#107TRC187Posted 11/14/2012 5:25:07 PM(edited)
creep50 posted...
*ahem*

No, the War Horse was an exclusive DLC, either for pre-order or something else. It didn't have to do with Undead Nightmare. There are numerous links stating the War Horse as the fastest horse, so I'm not sure what to believe here. Anyways, not important.

Below is a quote from R* about the War Horse, quote is found on the download redeem code description:

There are countless horses to be found in the massive world of Red Dead Redemption, but none is stronger, faster or tougher than the exclusive War Horse. Whether storming gang hideouts, exploring the wilderness for hidden treasure, or outrunning the law, the War Horse gives gunslingers an advantage in nearly every situation.
#108creep50Posted 11/14/2012 5:31:57 PM
TRC187 posted...
creep50 posted...
*ahem*

No, the War Horse was an exclusive DLC, either for pre-order or something else. It didn't have to do with Undead Nightmare. There are numerous links stating the War Horse as the fastest horse, so I'm not sure what to believe here. Anyways, not important.

Below is a quote from R* about the War Horse, quote is found on the download redeem code description:

There are countless horses to be found in the massive world of Red Dead Redemption, but none is stronger, faster or tougher than the exclusive War Horse. Whether storming gang hideouts, exploring the wilderness for hidden treasure, or outrunning the law, the War Horse gives gunslingers an advantage in nearly every situation.

okay so you are definitely not talking about the horse ´´war´´ which was a flaming horse in undead nightmare

the war horse however is NOT faster...i will refer to my first link....http://reddead.wikia.com/wiki/American_Standardbred

and this......http://reddead.wikia.com/wiki/War_Horse

its speed is nearly as fast as the American Standardbred

so yeah still not the fastest....not that i understand how that has anything to do with the map size
---
#109lokostilllPosted 11/14/2012 6:32:29 PM
http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/4266/mapm.jpg That looks accurate to me.
---
When there is no more room in internet, The nerds will roam the earth.
#110creep50Posted 11/14/2012 7:09:25 PM
lokostilll posted...
http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/4266/mapm.jpg That looks accurate to me.

must be the smallest airports of all time
---