red dead redemption's map wasn't larger than san andreas'...was it??

#131TRC187Posted 11/15/2012 12:05:05 PM(edited)
Also, the streets are throwing me off because of the spacing between them in comparison to the streets and housing around Grove St. Don't they seem a bit tiny and lacking in space?

I agree the first one is too large, we need one in the middle.
#132stokes12Posted 11/15/2012 12:15:22 PM
TRC187 posted...
Nope, I can't see the difference..

Kind of like, you not seeing the insulting nature of his post.

So when someone says: "you have to learn what marketing is dude", thats a decent thing to say to a person? And I should process that statement as, "hmmm, maybe I should look into taking a course in marketing so I can further my education on the subject?"... Get the f*** outta here bro, please. Its meant as a jab, if you can't see that then I don't know what to tell ya.

He is insinuating that I'm not smart enough to understand a marketing strategy, I find that insulting (not really though, but its a perfect example of what you say I was doing to others, but of course now you say otherwise, so apparently its a lose lose situation for me...), everything I say or do, regardless of proof, is instantly discredited by you three, so there is really no point in discussing anything at this point, is there?

Well if that's how you feel about his comments (and upon review I actually do see your point this time) then that's your call, still doesn't change what you've been doing throughout this topic when the vast majority of people opposing you haven't been doing anything remotely similar.

Or did you forget saying that anyone with even a little common sense "knows" what you're saying to be true? Or that anyone disagreeing with you is ridiculous based solely on the fact that you have sided with the majority?

Both comments that are quite frankly insulting to those they are directed at and there is absolutely no way I can see that you can say they aren't. And that's to say nothing of you twice calling the integrity of Canes into question, something you still haven't deigned to comment on despite being called on it twice before this post.
#133creep50Posted 11/15/2012 12:16:56 PM
TRC187 posted...
Also, the streets are throwing me off because of the spacing between them in comparison to the streets and housing around Grove St. Don't they seem a bit tiny and lacking in space?

if anything they seem to big...the street wasnt that big in red dead

i think this map is very good comparison
---
San Andreas > > > > > > > > >Desert Bus > > > > > > > >GTA 4
#134creep50Posted 11/15/2012 12:20:23 PM
stokes12 posted...
TRC187 posted...

So when someone says: "you have to learn what marketing is dude", thats a decent thing to say to a person? And I should process that statement as, "hmmm, maybe I should look into taking a course in marketing so I can further my education on the subject?"... Get the f*** outta here bro, please. Its meant as a jab, if you can't see that then I don't know what to tell ya.

He is insinuating that I'm not smart enough to understand a marketing strategy, I find that insulting (not really though, but its a perfect example of what you say I was doing to others, but of course now you say otherwise, so apparently its a lose lose situation for me...), everything I say or do, regardless of proof, is instantly discredited by you three, so there is really no point in discussing anything at this point, is there?

Well if that's how you feel about his comments (and upon review I actually do see your point this time) then that's your call, still doesn't change what you've been doing throughout this topic when the vast majority of people opposing you haven't been doing anything remotely similar.

Or did you forget saying that anyone with even a little common sense "knows" what you're saying to be true? Or that anyone disagreeing with you is ridiculous based solely on the fact that you have sided with the majority?

Both comments that are quite frankly insulting to those they are directed at and there is absolutely no way I can see that you can say they aren't. And that's to say nothing of you twice calling the integrity of Canes into question, something you still haven't deigned to comment on despite being called on it twice before this post.

well i was trying to make a point there.....but i will agree that i did come on a little bit too strong
---
San Andreas > > > > > > > > >Desert Bus > > > > > > > >GTA 4
#135TRC187Posted 11/15/2012 12:40:56 PM
stokes12 posted...
TRC187 posted...

Jesus Christ, stop trying to rehash everything.

The only person still talking about this is you. Creep and I aren't arguing? Cane and I aren't arguing? Besides you, no one else cares enough to talk about it.

I don't deny anything I said. Sure my personality is different from yours, different from theirs, and the way I talk, but I don't dislike anyone here, I sure as hell hope people aren't tender enough to take a silly dispute involving a VIDEO game to heart.. Because at the end of the day, all of us here are here for one specific reason.. We all love GTA, and hell, anyone that loves GTA, is cool in my book. So just stop rehashing all this nonsense, no one is insulted here. If someone is honestly hurt and insulted by what I said, I'd be the first to say I'm sorry, but that isn't the case.

Move on, theres nothing left to talk about.
#136TRC187Posted 11/15/2012 12:45:13 PM
creep50 posted...
TRC187 posted...

if anything they seem to big...the street wasnt that big in red dead

i think this map is very good comparison

Ok, its close enough for me to accept it anyways. Its right there, with in reason.
#137stokes12Posted 11/15/2012 12:50:28 PM
At the end of the day, and going back to the topic at hand, it doesn't really matter all that much which map is bigger since a lot of marketing fluff used by games companies is often less than completely truthful. Granted its a different company but I think a lot of us remember the history of the promises made about Fable's 2 and 3 as an example of the point I'm trying to make.
#138TRC187Posted 11/15/2012 1:03:41 PM
stokes12 posted...
At the end of the day, and going back to the topic at hand, it doesn't really matter all that much which map is bigger since a lot of marketing fluff used by games companies is often less than completely truthful. Granted its a different company but I think a lot of us remember the history of the promises made about Fable's 2 and 3 as an example of the point I'm trying to make.

I'm not familiar with the Fable series. What happened?

So far, to my knowledge, R* has always been pretty upfront and truth driven.

Hopefully it stays that way.
#139stokes12Posted 11/15/2012 1:06:50 PM
TRC187 posted...
stokes12 posted...

I'm not familiar with the Fable series. What happened?

So far, to my knowledge, R* has always been pretty upfront and truth driven.

Hopefully it stays that way.

An awful lot of things were promised about how people would be able to interact with the game world, how big it would be and numerous other things and almost none of them turned out to be accurate.

Its been a while so I'd have to do some hunting to come up with specific examples to be honest but Lionhead aren't exactly unique when it comes to this sort of thing, though they are probably the most blatant
#140zeppelincheetahPosted 11/15/2012 1:07:53 PM
It makes sense that RDR would be smaller than San Andreas. In San Andreas you have cars, planes, JETS. RDR is all either on horseback, horse drawn carriage or on foot (other than missions towards the end of the game in a car). So it takes longer to cover those areas. I would say that RDR was as big as all of San Andreas' countryside combined. Which is a massive area if you can only get around by horseback.
---
if you wouldn't mind i would like to lose
~ c h e e t a h ~