red dead redemption's map wasn't larger than san andreas'...was it??

#21DwzLITHUANIAPosted 11/12/2012 4:42:38 PM
I doubt it will be as big as they say, they always overstate things.

Also for a monster of a map go check out Just Cause 2
#22G-ZissPosted 11/12/2012 4:44:05 PM
gtaking5 posted...
They aren't claming anything. R* have said that it's bigger than IV, San Andreas and RDR combined. I think it was something like 5 times RDR.

They never said the map was that size. They said that includes interiors.
#23TRC187Posted 11/12/2012 5:03:26 PM(edited)
DwzLITHUANIA posted...
I doubt it will be as big as they say, they always overstate things.

Also for a monster of a map go check out Just Cause 2

Just curious, when has R* ever exaggerated the size of one of their games? Other developers, yes. R*, not so much.

People need to stop reading into this interior / exterior thing.

What R* said was pretty simple to understand.

"When you include the interior and exterior spaces, Los Santos is bigger than GTA IV, Red Dead Redemption & San Andreas combined, with room to spare". He states - LOS SANTOS only, whether or not that includes the countryside, we don't know yet.

What you can go by are the screenshots and trailer, and by those, it is obvious that the map is at least 3X RDR's map, that alone is hard to comprehend. People who can't grasp the scale of this game by what has been shown so far, won't understand until they actually play it. Then again, some people still think SA is larger than RDR, so.. I guess that doesn't work all the time either..
#24wwervinPosted 11/12/2012 4:49:36 PM
Yes, RDR is bigger than San Andreas. I don't understand why people don't get that.
#25NutralguyPosted 11/12/2012 4:55:03 PM
Is the size being based on the map that comes with the games? RDR's map is more zoomed out than SA's. If you took the RDR map and put it to match the size of say, the width of the roads with SA roads, RDR would be at least a half size larger than SA.
#26nativenginePosted 11/12/2012 4:58:26 PM
How is this even a debate? RDR's map is bigger then San Andreas, period. SA's map was big no doubt but don't let fanboyism blind your better judgement.
---
Vegetarian- an old Indian word meaning bad hunter
"Anderson should face two people next time, he's that good"
#27wwervinPosted 11/12/2012 5:04:44 PM
Also, don't even get me started with the whole "cars are faster" routine people use to justify RDR being smaller than it is. Some of those horses can run pretty damn fast, and the difference is that most of RDR's vast desert can be traversed almost in a straight line. In SA you had winding roads and hills and buildings and things that generally made trips take longer. If it had been one straight road you all would've complained about how small the map was. Don't believe me? Get into a biplane (slowest one if I'm remembering correctly) and go from the airfield into the city of Los Santos in a straight line and see how long it takes.
#28Gamer_X27Posted 11/12/2012 5:12:47 PM
CruorComa posted...
According to that topic, the town of Blackwater is the size of Blackfield stadium. No.

I am right now playing both SA and RDR and from looking I would say that Blackfield (the actual stadium not the surrounding area) is about 50 to 60 percent the size of Blackwater.
---
Loss of focus and loss of balance leads to loss of life - Dragon's Dogma
#29Game-XpertPosted 11/12/2012 5:15:09 PM
I just hope they have things to do, RDR maps may have been huge but, really pointless unless you went hunting.
#30TRC187Posted 11/12/2012 5:17:29 PM
Gamer_X27 posted...
CruorComa posted...
According to that topic, the town of Blackwater is the size of Blackfield stadium. No.

I am right now playing both SA and RDR and from looking I would say that Blackfield (the actual stadium not the surrounding area) is about 50 to 60 percent the size of Blackwater.

Well, that is probably about right then, and consistent with the rest of the map, because realistically, RDR is about 40% - 50% larger than SA.