red dead redemption's map wasn't larger than san andreas'...was it??

#61TRC187Posted 11/14/2012 7:06:10 AM
trenken posted...
Im sure everyone experienced that with SA. How much space in that game wasnt needed? You would get to an area and there was just nothing to do there. It was just built for the hell of it just so they could use the size of the map as a selling point.

There is literally no way this 5x the size of Red Dead and be really rich and dense. It took about 75 people 3 years to build the GTA4 map. When did they start working on this new ma, 6 years ago? Come on.

Dude,.. You're missing the entire concept of having such a large space for your leisure.

That is the sole point of the empty space. There is supposed to be A LOT of empty space. This is what people requested and longed for after GTA IV, and loved from RDR.

Additionally, this particular vast, empty space will be nothing like San Andreas', it will resemble RDR, meaning, the empty space, though being empty, will be teeming with life.

This map will be 3x that of RDR's map, 5x including the exporable ocean floor. Have a little faith bro, R* doesn't exaggerate or lead their fans on.. They are very accurate with the information they release.
#62Canes01010Posted 11/14/2012 11:00:27 AM
TRC187 posted...
All I need to say is...

There are a total of 19 of you who insist that San Andreas is larger than RDR... And approximately 55+ people who know that RDR is larger than San Andreas.. Again, when there are 20 people telling you that you're wrong, and you are the only person thinking you're right... Chances are, you are probably wrong.

To the other guys post saying that R* has used the same method of measurement since the '90's or whatever.. Whoa, do you work in the R* mapping development department? That sure sounds like some insider information you got there, and you're doubting that I'll receive a response from R* regarding my question? I always receive a response from R*, it usually takes anywhere from a week to 2 weeks, but I always receive a response.

And I can already predict what is going to happen when I receive the response that I know I will receive.. Neither of you will accept it. I honestly think that you both know this already (meaning, you know what the answer from R* is going to be), but insist on debating the topic because you can't swallow your pride. Deep down you know that R* will respond with RDR having the larger map, and you are already splitting hairs trying to formulate a illogical rebuttal. I know this will not end with R*'s statement, which simply means you insist on wallowing in your self induced pool of ignorance.

That is something a disproved debate can't fix, so theres no need to debate it any further.

I will still post the response, but its pointless to continue this discussion after that.

Since when did having more people believe in something result in it being fact? That's a ridiculous logic you've got there. I don't care if there are 18 or 180 other people saying the same thing as me, it doesn't make my argument any stronger.

I keep showing you facts and numbers that prove RDR is indeed smaller. What have you shown me that proves it is larger? Nada. You keep going on about how we're dumb, we're idiots, we lack common sense. Yet you never provide any facts to back up your claims. If Rockstar publicly said Red Dead's map was twice that of San Andreas, then why have you still failed to provide us with any sources that prove that?

When I proved to you that you could go across the entire map from one side to the other in 6-8 minutes, you never brought that argument back up. You never acknowledged it. When I've told you about how Rockstar's games all use the same scale, you've made a sarcastic crack at me being an insider. You don't even take any arguments head on, you have nothing at all to use as ammunition.

You lack any solid evidence you back up your claims, so you have to resort to insulting our intelligence and saying our community is bigger than your community. That means nothing. I don't care if you have 55 people screaming that San Andreas is bigger. All 55 of you are doing a horrible job of providing any info at all as to why you believe it is other than saying you've played the game and it's obvious we haven't. Some strong argument you have there, very strong indeed.
---
Am I telling the truth.
#63TRC187Posted 11/14/2012 11:13:38 AM
Ha.. Ok sport.

I obviously failed to explain "common sense" again.. I thought you may be able to grasp what I described. It must be something your born with.. Sorry.

Your mathematical "proof" is broken. Why? Because its not consistent or accurate with anyone elses opinion with RDR. I don't need ammunition to respond with, all I need is R*'s response to prove what I've been saying all along.

You claim to be backing your logic up with proof by saying it only takes "you" 6-8min to get across RDR's map?? Thats still your own personal opinion!! Don't you see how silly that is? I don't respond to these things because I'm not going to get caught up in a stupid pissing match when I already know what the factual answer is.

Or your "opinion" that R* is using the same scale to measure ALL their games! Its still your opinion of what you THINK is happening.. Again, I don't respond because I don't believe that you know what your talking about.. I'll believe the developers of the games, period.

So, here we are again.. Just wait and see what the response is. Theres no need to sit here and cry to me that I don't have any proof, well, you don't either. Deal with it.
#64ReDDevil2112Posted 11/14/2012 11:33:20 AM
all I need is R*'s response

Which you dont have.
its not consistent or accurate with anyone elses opinion with RDR

Opinion has nothing to do with map size.
it only takes "you" 6-8min to get across RDR's map?? Thats still your own personal opinion!!

Numbers are not an opinion.

Look, whether or not you're right or wrong, you're not really carrying a proper discussion. Believe it or not, constantly barraging insults at people does not do anything to help prove your point. And while Canes isnt exactly putting up a flawless rebuttal either (he still never said how he got the map scale facts from), at least he's actually brought something to the table instead of resorting to name calling.
---
Seems like my advice had no effect! Suffer like G did?
#65Mentalpatient87Posted 11/14/2012 11:36:56 AM
ReDDevil2112 posted...
Look, whether or not you're right or wrong, you're not really carrying a proper discussion. Believe it or not, constantly barraging insults at people does not do anything to help prove your point. And while Canes isnt exactly putting up a flawless rebuttal either (he still never said how he got the map scale facts from), at least he's actually brought something to the table instead of resorting to name calling.

Good post. It's downright bizarre to watch these guys clamber for the high ground at the bottom of a well..
---
"Star bringing purple! Star bringing yorbel! STOP BRINGING YORBEL! STOP RINGING YOUR BELL!"
#66stokes12Posted 11/14/2012 11:41:43 AM
I don't actually know which side of this argument is right, nor do I really care beyond it being an entertaining argument to watch, but quite frankly if I had to pick a side, I'd pick the side which is providing numbers, calculations and video proof over the side that's providing nothing but insults and "there's more of us so we're right" comments any day of the week and twice on Sundays.

Oh, and as a little hint for you, there was once a time when the majority of people thought that the Sun orbited the Earth, did them being in the majority make them right? I don't think it did, so its a terrible argument to be using now.
#67TRC187Posted 11/14/2012 11:43:30 AM
ReDDevil2112 posted...

Which you dont have.

it only takes "you" 6-8min to get across RDR's map?? Thats still your own personal opinion!!

"Sport" is name calling? I'll have to write that one down..

I completely understand opinion has NOTHING to do with map size, I also know that numbers ARE an opinion when the computer isn't riding the horse across the screen.... a person is... hence, a persons involvement, hence... OPINION.

I don't want to argue about this, i've told him several times to just wait until I have proof. I already explained that I just emailed R*, it normally takes approximately 1-2 weeks, and that'd I'd repost the response in a different thread... Did I not say this??? Have you read the entire series of posts? Or just randomly throwing in your 2 cents? Its not just me thats disagreeing with these two.

I agree, I don't have any mathematical proof, or any other factual information, I just have my logic, common sense and a slew of other people who believe exactly as I do. I also know that when R* was advertising RDR they stated it many times. I apologize for not having those 3 yr old advertisements handy.. I really wish I did, trust me.

It is what it is, but I'm not the one sitting here crying about it. I am just saying wait, and ye shall receive.

Whos the one that keeps poking here? Not me.
#68TRC187Posted 11/14/2012 11:45:41 AM
stokes12 posted...
I don't actually know which side of this argument is right, nor do I really care beyond it being an entertaining argument to watch, but quite frankly if I had to pick a side, I'd pick the side which is providing numbers, calculations and video proof over the side that's providing nothing but insults and "there's more of us so we're right" comments any day of the week and twice on Sundays.

Oh, and as a little hint for you, there was once a time when the majority of people thought that the Sun orbited the Earth, did them being in the majority make them right? I don't think it did, so its a terrible argument to be using now.

Yo.. Just because someone spits out a number... don't make it proof.. I can do the same thing, all week and twice on Sundays.. But I don't because I choose not to lie.

Everything he has "proven" still comes down to personal opinion.. Know that.
#69stokes12Posted 11/14/2012 11:48:25 AM
TRC187 posted...
stokes12 posted...

Yo.. Just because someone spits out a number... don't make it proof.. I can do the same thing, all week and twice on Sundays.. But I don't because I choose not to lie.

Everything he has "proven" still comes down to personal opinion.. Know that.

It's still better than what you're providing TRC, because the only thing you've got at this point is insults, so quite frankly I'd rather trust his "opinions" over your statements, because he at least has something to back them up.

And just so you know, if his information is accurate, then it isn't opinion, its fact... Know that
#70TRC187Posted 11/14/2012 11:52:32 AM
ReDDevil2112 posted...

Which you dont have.

What names am I calling? Sport? Tool? Are those insulting? I'm not resorting to name calling, jesus. So I'm not allowed to say s***, but he can say s*** to me huh? ok. Exactly why I don't wanna argue this and wait till one of us has facts.