red dead redemption's map wasn't larger than san andreas'...was it??

#71TRC187Posted 11/14/2012 11:55:48 AM(edited)
stokes12 posted...
TRC187 posted...
stokes12 posted...
I don't actually know which side of this argument is right, nor do I really care beyond it being an entertaining argument to watch, but quite frankly if I had to pick a side, I'd pick the side which is providing numbers, calculations and video proof over the side that's providing nothing but insults and "there's more of us so we're right" comments any day of the week and twice on Sundays.

Oh, and as a little hint for you, there was once a time when the majority of people thought that the Sun orbited the Earth, did them being in the majority make them right? I don't think it did, so its a terrible argument to be using now.

Yo.. Just because someone spits out a number... don't make it proof.. I can do the same thing, all week and twice on Sundays.. But I don't because I choose not to lie.

Everything he has "proven" still comes down to personal opinion.. Know that.

It's still better than what you're providing TRC, because the only thing you've got at this point is insults, so quite frankly I'd rather trust his "opinions" over your statements, because he at least has something to back them up.

And just so you know, if his information is accurate, then it isn't opinion, its fact... Know that

Go back and read all the posts... I provide just as much "proof" as he has.. Who am I insulting here??? Jesus Christ, is everyone super tender in here? Everytime he responds, he jabs a little bit, but I can't apparently?
#72stokes12Posted 11/14/2012 11:56:48 AM
TRC187 posted...
ReDDevil2112 posted...
all I need is R*'s response

Which you dont have.
its not consistent or accurate with anyone elses opinion with RDR

Opinion has nothing to do with map size.
it only takes "you" 6-8min to get across RDR's map?? Thats still your own personal opinion!!

Numbers are not an opinion.

Look, whether or not you're right or wrong, you're not really carrying a proper discussion. Believe it or not, constantly barraging insults at people does not do anything to help prove your point. And while Canes isnt exactly putting up a flawless rebuttal either (he still never said how he got the map scale facts from), at least he's actually brought something to the table instead of resorting to name calling.

What names am I calling? Sport? Tool? Are those insulting? I'm not resorting to name calling, jesus. So I'm not allowed to say s***, but he can say s*** to me huh? ok. Exactly why I don't wanna argue this and wait till one of us has facts.

I didn't see a comment about name calling anywhere in the post you quoted, I saw a comment about insults, which isn't necessarily the same thing.

And you have been insulting posters, frequently, you've been insulting their intelligence, their common sense (or lack thereof in your eyes), and in your last post to me you basically accused another poster in this topic of lying.

Can you not see how all this can be taken as being insulting?
#73stokes12Posted 11/14/2012 12:01:01 PM
TRC187 posted...
stokes12 posted...
TRC187 posted...
stokes12 posted...
I don't actually know which side of this argument is right, nor do I really care beyond it being an entertaining argument to watch, but quite frankly if I had to pick a side, I'd pick the side which is providing numbers, calculations and video proof over the side that's providing nothing but insults and "there's more of us so we're right" comments any day of the week and twice on Sundays.

Oh, and as a little hint for you, there was once a time when the majority of people thought that the Sun orbited the Earth, did them being in the majority make them right? I don't think it did, so its a terrible argument to be using now.

Yo.. Just because someone spits out a number... don't make it proof.. I can do the same thing, all week and twice on Sundays.. But I don't because I choose not to lie.

Everything he has "proven" still comes down to personal opinion.. Know that.

It's still better than what you're providing TRC, because the only thing you've got at this point is insults, so quite frankly I'd rather trust his "opinions" over your statements, because he at least has something to back them up.

And just so you know, if his information is accurate, then it isn't opinion, its fact... Know that

Go back and read all the posts... I provide just as much "proof" as he has.. Who am I insulting here??? Jesus Christ, is everyone super tender in here? Everytime he responds, he jabs a little bit, but I can't apparently?

The only super tender one is you, I have read through this entire thread and Canes hasn't insulted you or jabbed at you once, he has only pointed out that your arguments are worthless without some kind of facts or proof to back them up, of which you have provided none by your own admission.

Whereas you have stated that anyone who doesn't agree with you instantly lacks intelligence or common sense, thus making said statements insults.

And if you think I'm wrong then please feel free to show me where he has jabbed at you and not your arguments, because believe it or not I'm more than willing to change my outlook if proven wrong about something.
#74TRC187Posted 11/14/2012 12:01:04 PM
Should I make up some pixel number claims and call them fact?

Should I make up some travel time claims and call them fact?

Should I say over and over again that R* uses the same measurement calibration from the late '90's and call it fact?

So this is what more proof looks like huh?

Damn, I should have been saying this kinda s*** from the start.

Thing is, none of it is factual unless R* (the games developer) states which one they developed larger than the other. Period.

Please.. I'm done here, look for the new thread in a few days. Call me rude, call me a dick, whatever..
#75stokes12Posted 11/14/2012 12:08:02 PM
TRC187 posted...

Should I say over and over again that R* uses the same measurement calibration from the late '90's and call it fact?

Thing is, none of it is factual unless R* (the games developer) states which one they developed larger than the other. Period.

Please.. I'm done here, look for the new thread in a few days. Call me rude, call me a dick, whatever..

So you accuse another poster of lying (again) and its you who is being insulted? Seriously man get over yourself, he posted a video proving the travel time "claim" to be factually correct and it wouldn't surprise me if his statements about R*'s calibration were correct because it would be a hell of a lot cheaper than coming up with a new method for something like that every few years.

But you're right, at this point the only one who knows whether he is absolutely factually correct is him, the point is though that this includes you, yet you're arguing that you already know he isn't when by your own admission you need to double-check with R* to be sure, because the fact is YOU DON'T KNOW, and yet anyone who disagrees with you instantly lacks intelligence or common sense in your eyes and you wonder why someone like me is having difficulty in swallowing what you're trying to say.
#76TRC187Posted 11/14/2012 12:13:34 PM(edited)
God, you trying to argue with me too? Really?

I've said, nothing I say will make any of you believe me. Ok with me.

Therefore, in your eyes, I don't know either.. Which is perfectly fine. Ok with me.

I'll provide the proof, and who's ever right, great. Point proven. Ok with me.

Stop... Trying... To... Argue with me.

But, your wrong.

Only a select few in here, are having difficulty believing me. Not everyone. The majority agree with me, and yes, thats a fact.
#77stokes12Posted 11/14/2012 12:13:07 PM
TRC187 posted...
God, you trying to argue with me too? Really?

I've said, nothing I say will make any of you believe me. Ok with me.

Therefore, in your eyes, I don't know either.. Which is perfectly fine. Ok with me.

I'll provide the proof, and who's ever right, great. Point proven. Ok with me.

Stop... Trying... To... Argue with me.

Actually like I said I don't care who's right and who's wrong, my issue is with the fact that you're resorting to insults and then when you get called on it you claim that Canes is too when he clearly isn't, or at least not that I can see.
#78SEA_Posted 11/14/2012 12:13:17 PM
GTASA's map really wasn't that big. it felt larger than it actually was, due to being well-designed and full of content, etc
---
Chargers, Padres, Clippers, SDSU
#79ReDDevil2112Posted 11/14/2012 12:16:24 PM(edited)
Yes, he posted a video, not a random claim of a made up time. Meanwhile, you've repeatedly said people who disagree with you lack common sense, are "missing things upstairs", you throw around words like stupidity and nonsense, and yes, calling someone a tool or sport (in this context) is clearly condescending. Im with stokes here. I dont know which side of this debate is right, nor does it really matter, but I would be more inclined to listen to the more level-headed side of the discussion. Right now, I have very little reason to trust your word. And so far, that's all you've given me.
---
Seems like my advice had no effect! Suffer like G did?
#80Canes01010Posted 11/14/2012 12:15:50 PM
TRC187 posted...

How in the world am I "making up some travel time claims" when i posted a video that clearly shows that the guy crossed the map in 8 minutes from the furthest point West to the furthest point East? That from Southwest to Northeast of the map using a path that is not a straight path and even near the middle has the guy take a big dip causing him to cover the same distance 3 times, but only progressing that distance once from West to East. In a straight line, that time would easily be lower and it would just show the map isn't as big as we all initially thought.
---
Am I telling the truth.