Am I the only person who thinks San Andreas wasn't that great?

#1Vexu192Posted 11/13/2012 11:33:52 AM
It was good, don't get me wrong.

I just didn't care for the Boys in the Hood storyline at all, and the series seemed to get too over the top for my taste, much like how Saints Row: The Third went overboard with the sillyness.

The story seemed to be more about "How many movie references can we make to make a storyline out of them" than an actual tale about characters. I didn't care for the rival gangs and etc.

My favorite has always been Vice City. Tommy Vercetti is easily the best protagonist the series has ever seen, the music was superb, the setting was amazing, the scarface style plot, the side characters were amazing

And it really sucks that it's apparent we will never ever see Vice City again.
#2SamuariLegend24Posted 11/13/2012 11:36:13 AM
Complains about a game using multiple movie references then claims his favorite is a damn near copy and paste Scarface game.

Lol. Pot, meet Kettle.
---
i don't need to stick my head up a cows ass to know that it stinks in there - blutoblutarskyX
#3Vexu192(Topic Creator)Posted 11/13/2012 11:39:45 AM
SamuariLegend24 posted...
Complains about a game using multiple movie references then claims his favorite is a damn near copy and paste Scarface game.

Lol. Pot, meet Kettle.

No, I complained that the plot was just a bunch of movie references tied together to make a storyline.

Hell, the entire 1st island is just filled with missions that make references to movies, that's it.

Vice City is obviously inspired by Scarface, but there's more to the story than just being about Scarface.
#4nativenginePosted 11/13/2012 11:45:21 AM
I liked the first part of SA, thought it was very well done. Then we get to the second half and it killed the game for me. It's honestly my least favorite GTA
---
Vegetarian- an old Indian word meaning bad hunter
"Anderson should face two people next time, he's that good"
#5flipmode_1Posted 11/13/2012 11:47:41 AM
I didn't really care for SA. Not because of the whole gangsta thug life thing though. I really enjoyed the beginning Los Santos part. It's once we were able to leave I started to hate the game. I just felt it tried to do way too much and didn't really excel anywhere. VC was great. Loved the setting and the soundtrack. I think Tommy is the most overrated character in ALL gaming though. He just never did anything for me. My personal favorite GTA was III. I love the silent protags. Not saying I'm upset that all of them talked after III but the silent ones really let me get into the character. So in III I felt more immersed into the game and I prefer its story over the others.
---
GT-Flip Munk PSN-Flip-Munk
Favorites- (1)God of War Series (2)BioShock (3)The Warriors (4) Red Dead Redemption (5)TMNT TiT (6)GTA III
#6pure_pervPosted 11/13/2012 11:51:15 AM
I didnt like the boys n the hood style either. It also got a bit to silly for my tastes aswel. Jet Packs? Flying Harrier fighter Jets? It was a bit much for me.

The game was fun as hell though, but its always Vice city I return too.
---
sort iz a bucket
#7HoosierGuy88Posted 11/13/2012 11:53:25 AM
I loved the world of San Andreas because it was so huge and there was so much to do and explore. However I didn't care for the story much at all. I didn't like the gang theme much at all really. It also had some of the most annoying characters in GTA history (OG Loc). The RPG elements were interesting, but some of them like having to eat got really annoying sometimes.

In terms of story alone Vice City is definitely my favorite game. Though I really liked the story in GTA IV as well. Although you can't really compare those two, they're so very different.
#8Clarett1320Posted 11/13/2012 11:55:17 AM
Vice City was my favorite for sure. Those were some great days playing that game when I was a kid. I even did a report in speech class on why violent video games shouldnt be blamed for kids committing crimes. But I loved the customization options of SA and the map was awesome too. The story wasnt great, but it was totally the best game to just play around in.
#9Dunmer999Posted 11/13/2012 12:13:47 PM
GTA IV had good gameplay. San Andreas was really fun and I spent forever in it, but it's more like an rpg with interesting story and characters.
#10zeppelincheetahPosted 11/13/2012 12:37:37 PM
I loved it but I understand why someone wouldn't. There are a lot of racial stereotypes in it that turned off a black friend of mine from the game. And it does have the most random story, trying to show off the whole map. But I love it. I like the crazy stuff that happens in the game. I never saw it as a bunch of movie references and I never saw the movies that are being referenced. I think it has the best characters of any GTA. Especially O.G. Loc, The Truth, Woozie, Catalina and Mike Toreno

GTA IV on the other hand... not my fav.
---
if you wouldn't mind i would like to lose
~ c h e e t a h ~