PETA is going to be all OVER this game.

#11shadyelfPosted 11/13/2012 5:00:05 PM
I'm pretty sure people do that stuff now.

Besides PETA kinda lost credibility when they started acting all extremist and fringe. They're a joke.
---
?
#12Dr_MojoPosted 11/13/2012 5:08:55 PM
I'm going to make a video of myself doing nothing but shooting animals in GTA V while eating shark fin soup and foie gras, and then email it to PETA.
#13nativenginePosted 11/13/2012 5:12:00 PM
DoubleUTeeEfff posted...
Let's face it. This is like a UFC paperview. Rockstar Games v.s PETA.

It worked in RDR because of it's time period. But this is set in modern times, killing bears or dogs in modern times isn't the best thing for a video game.

I kill coyotes, bears, deer, elk, moose and whatever else makes its way in my sights every year. PETA doesn't say s*** about hunting in modern times my friend.
---
Vegetarian- an old Indian word meaning bad hunter
"Anderson should face two people next time, he's that good"
#14elconoMPosted 11/13/2012 5:13:04 PM
Maybe if killing a dog for first time, certain way (car?), or number of times... gets player a trophy/gamerscore.
---
Still playing @ Animal Crossing: Wild World, Pokemon gens 4 & 5, San Andreas, Champions of Norrath 8D
#15Perfect LightPosted 11/13/2012 5:13:20 PM
Why would PETA get upset about digital characters killing digital animals?
---
Visit youtube.com/sciencebytes, learn something new
My novel - http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0095KJ6YC
#16gen0c1de420Posted 11/13/2012 5:22:51 PM
Dr_Mojo posted...
I'm going to make a video of myself doing nothing but shooting animals in GTA V while eating shark fin soup and foie gras, and then email it to PETA.

wear a fur coat too.
---
---aliens and the government cant read messages with dashes infront of them it confuses there softwear and makes it ignore them--tzar_666
GT R1cky Rampag3
#17G-ZissPosted 11/13/2012 5:37:55 PM
As far as I know, Rockstar never said you can bring harm to animals in this game.
#18Gamer_X27Posted 11/13/2012 5:43:31 PM
Perfect Light posted...

They got upset over Pokemon (recently in-fact) so I'm sure there going to make a big fuss over gta 5 for a little while and then stop when they realize that no one's paying attention to them and they'll go back to trying to find other things to complain about in there obnoxious attempt to feel relevant again.
---
Loss of focus and loss of balance leads to loss of life - Dragon's Dogma
#19gtaking5Posted 11/13/2012 5:52:11 PM(edited)
has killing dogs been confirmed? I bet they will be like kids in Fable II.

This is R* we're talking about dude. If it's in the game, and it's breathing, you can f***ing kill it any way you see fit.

Perfect Light posted...

They got upset over Pokemon (recently in-fact) so I'm sure there going to make a big fuss over gta 5 for a little while and then stop when they realize that no one's paying attention to them and they'll go back to trying to find other things to complain about in there obnoxious attempt to feel relevant again.

They're gonna make a big fuss, it's gonna be the talk of the internet for a week, and then everyone will forget PETA even protested against the game. Just like how MADD protested GTA IV.

Question. Does anyone actually remember that?

PETA can go suck a lemon. And FYI they're one to talk.. they kill more animals than any single person or organization (at least in the US). How many dogs do they euthanize every year? I don't know the statistics off the top of my head but you'd be appalled if you read it.

And I'd have to be in that "it's ok kill people but not animals?" camp. At the end of the day it's all just code.. it's pixels and polygons and none of it mean anything. Whether you're putting a bullet into an innocent bystander or into a bear, it shouldn't matter. It's a game.

Did some quick research. Apparently in 2011 it was 95% of all sheltered cats and dogs in their care. They killed 95 f***ing percent of all the cats and dogs they brought in. ninety f***ing five.
---
Where in the world's the forgotten? They're lost inside your memory
You're dragging on, your heart's been broken as we all go down in history
#20Mentalpatient87Posted 11/13/2012 5:52:19 PM
PETA hasn't been relevant in a while, and they don't have nearly as much PR pull as they used to, which was never a whole hell of a lot.
---
"Star bringing purple! Star bringing yorbel! STOP BRINGING YORBEL! STOP RINGING YOUR BELL!"