Anyone else feel like this game has kind of a cartoon-ish graphic style?

#41nazacuckooPosted 11/15/2012 2:29:42 AM
Wow, I thought the same.
Guess I'm not the only one.
---
If there is one thing I have learned from years of watching cartoons as a kid, its that you don't F*** with Shamans >:D
#42TRUTHFUL_LYES(Topic Creator)Posted 11/15/2012 5:37:37 AM
No poncho, thats not what I intended, and you're the one who took it wrong. And LOL at saying i made a rude assumption, when you just assumed that all i play is gears and cod.

Someone used the word waxy, i feel thats probably the best way to describe it. Cartoony was a bad way to describe it, because obviously that word offended a heck of a lot of people. Sorry about that.
---
Girls, lifting, and video games. That's all I need in my life.
First EVER 500 topic! http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/960189-call-of-duty-black-ops/55951878
#43DaonlyArmandoPosted 11/15/2012 6:08:26 AM
CorsothArcole posted...
I've heard this comment so many times for so many damn games... cartoony is not the word you're looking for. It's color saturation. Lots of bright colors. Reality tends to be colorful. There are far too many games today afraid to experiment with color, defaulting to a drab grey/brown scheme.

Anytime someone actually goes and makes a game that reflects reality it looks unnatural because of this trend. Look in your pantry, every single damn package is like a visual assault against your eyes. Look at the sky, it's going to be a queasy shade of baby blue. Think about it.
#44shadyelfPosted 11/15/2012 6:20:04 AM
I've heard this comment so many times for so many damn games... cartoony is not the word you're looking for. It's color saturation. Lots of bright colors. Reality tends to be colorful. There are far too many games today afraid to experiment with color, defaulting to a drab grey/brown scheme.

Anytime someone actually goes and makes a game that reflects reality it looks unnatural because of this trend. Look in your pantry, every single damn package is like a visual assault against your eyes. Look at the sky, it's going to be a queasy shade of baby blue. Think about it.

This.
---
?
#45LFCKINGSPosted 11/15/2012 6:36:00 AM
'Cartoony' is just the wrong wa to put it. It's Los Santos (Los Angeles) so it's a lot sunnier & brighter on the west coast, compared to the east coast of Liberty City, that's all. It's just brighter & more vibrant.
---
Smeg Head.
#46LordPonchoPosted 11/15/2012 9:45:51 AM
TRUTHFUL_LYES posted...
No poncho, thats not what I intended, and you're the one who took it wrong. And LOL at saying i made a rude assumption, when you just assumed that all i play is gears and cod.

Someone used the word waxy, i feel thats probably the best way to describe it. Cartoony was a bad way to describe it, because obviously that word offended a heck of a lot of people. Sorry about that.

I said "IF."

If isn't assuming anything, if is stating a possibility. Also, your sig is usually what people will judge you off of. Yours happens to be about COD.
---
"lol der was a shdow on my carpet but ti looked like a stane and tried to clen it up but ti was a shadoow" -Ghost4800
#47imthestuntmanPosted 11/15/2012 10:35:10 AM
the screenshots and clips i have seen i would call vibrant more than cartoony. actually one of the best looking games ive seen. that alone makes me pumped for it and graphics is probably the least important part of a game for me (i still view morrowind for the original xbox as having passable graphics)
---
A number of polite gentlemen requested I change my signature. So i did.
I want my Minecraft Xbox 360 Wedge Antilles skin.
#48imthestuntmanPosted 11/15/2012 10:37:12 AM
TRUTHFUL_LYES posted...

actually his example was not specific to cod or gow. many games have what could be described as a filter to them. koa recknoning, skyrim, and many others have it, its not a bad thing, its just not present in any of these shots for gta 5
---
A number of polite gentlemen requested I change my signature. So i did.
I want my Minecraft Xbox 360 Wedge Antilles skin.
#49wwervinPosted 11/15/2012 10:48:59 AM
I'm not sure what you mean about graphics style but here's what did change. This game has a warmer tone than GTA IV. In IV, the look had a lot of blues and grays to it. It was almost like it was constantly a cloudy day. It felt very cold and gritty.

In V, they said they wanted to capture the authentic California setting, and to do that they needed more lighting and more color. Think Vice City.. one of the reasons that was such an accurate portrayal of Miami in the 80s was the flashy colors and the tone.

As for the graphics, I don't think it's cartoony looking at all. If you compare this to GTA IV's graphics, you'll see that they've improved it greatly. The graphics are actually more in line with RDR's than GTA IV. The faces, the animations, the clouds, etc. If you really look, you'd notice that their clothes even have physics added to them. When they ride motorcycles you can see their shirts affected by the wind. If Rockstar went through the trouble to put something THAT minor into the game.. it usually stands to reason that the graphics are going to be incredible.

So quit yer whinin.