Why do these games even bother with the story?!?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Grand Theft Auto V
  3. Why do these games even bother with the story?!?
3 years ago#1
I mean seriously... who buys these for the story?!? Everyone just wants to drive/fly/parachute/etc while getting those wanted stars!!! am i right?
---
Detroit Sports Rule!!! - Millen is gone forever!!!!!!!!!!
R.I.P. Keith.....I loved you man.....you will be sorely missed.
3 years ago#2
no you are not right.
---
"Saying Timesplitters has always been mediocre is like saying having sex isn't cool."-Warnut
Gamertag: Jman The Crow
3 years ago#3
To be totally honest, if there was no narrative or structure, I think GTA would dull out fast.
---
"lol der was a shdow on my carpet but ti looked like a stane and tried to clen it up but ti was a shadoow" -Ghost4800
3 years ago#4
I buy GTA games because they transport you to a different world and immerse you in that world better than anyone else.
The writing, acting, comedy and music are all industry-leading.
---
You belong on the blizz D3 forums, it was built for people like you. Like how some barns are built specifically to contain filthy animals.
3 years ago#5
LordPoncho posted...
To be totally honest, if there was no narrative or structure, I think GTA would dull out fast.

Like *cough* saints row *cough*
---
Cheaters always deny its cheating
3 years ago#6
Sniper_Brosef posted...
I mean seriously... who buys these for the story?!? Everyone just wants to drive/fly/parachute/etc while getting those wanted stars!!! am i right?

You're a damn fool.
---
RIP - Babygirl 11/2002- 4/24/2012
i5-3570k | ASRock Z77 Extreme6 | EVGA 560Ti 448 Classified x2 SLI | 16GB G.Skill Ares | Corsair 600T White | 212 EVO | HX750
3 years ago#7
gtarocker posted...
LordPoncho posted...

Like *cough* saints row *cough*

They had such a good thing going with SR2. Story was silly, sure, but the world itself was refreshing and the things you could do were pretty crazy.
---
You belong on the blizz D3 forums, it was built for people like you. Like how some barns are built specifically to contain filthy animals.
3 years ago#8
I've seen quite a few dumb topics on this board, but this one takes the cake.
3 years ago#9
are you guys honestly trying to tell me that you spend more time doing the story then you do free roaming/experimenting/messing around?
---
Detroit Sports Rule!!! - Millen is gone forever!!!!!!!!!!
R.I.P. Keith.....I loved you man.....you will be sorely missed.
3 years ago#10
Sniper_Brosef posted...

I bet you're one of those people that buy the new Call of Dutys each year and jump straight to the multiplayer and don't ever touch the campaign. You're a fool and you don't even know what you're missing out on. Not having a story makes everything hollow and lifeless. What's the purpose of even giving these characters a face or a name if you're not even interested in their story? What's the purpose of even existing in this virtual world?

I hope no company ever takes your advice. We need games to evolve and go forward. Rockstar is one of the best companies when it comes to that.
  1. Boards
  2. Grand Theft Auto V
  3. Why do these games even bother with the story?!?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived