Why do these games even bother with the story?!?

#1Sniper_BrosefPosted 11/15/2012 2:43:50 PM
I mean seriously... who buys these for the story?!? Everyone just wants to drive/fly/parachute/etc while getting those wanted stars!!! am i right?
---
Detroit Sports Rule!!! - Millen is gone forever!!!!!!!!!!
R.I.P. Keith.....I loved you man.....you will be sorely missed.
#2Revolver65Posted 11/15/2012 2:44:42 PM
no you are not right.
---
"Saying Timesplitters has always been mediocre is like saying having sex isn't cool."-Warnut
Gamertag: Jman The Crow
#3LordPonchoPosted 11/15/2012 2:49:05 PM
To be totally honest, if there was no narrative or structure, I think GTA would dull out fast.
---
"lol der was a shdow on my carpet but ti looked like a stane and tried to clen it up but ti was a shadoow" -Ghost4800
#4shootsmackPosted 11/15/2012 2:54:28 PM
I buy GTA games because they transport you to a different world and immerse you in that world better than anyone else.
The writing, acting, comedy and music are all industry-leading.
---
You belong on the blizz D3 forums, it was built for people like you. Like how some barns are built specifically to contain filthy animals.
#5gtarockerPosted 11/15/2012 2:54:42 PM
LordPoncho posted...
To be totally honest, if there was no narrative or structure, I think GTA would dull out fast.

Like *cough* saints row *cough*
---
Cheaters always deny its cheating
#6KidInTheHallPosted 11/15/2012 2:55:57 PM
Sniper_Brosef posted...
I mean seriously... who buys these for the story?!? Everyone just wants to drive/fly/parachute/etc while getting those wanted stars!!! am i right?

You're a damn fool.
---
RIP - Babygirl 11/2002- 4/24/2012
i5-3570k | ASRock Z77 Extreme6 | EVGA 560Ti 448 Classified x2 SLI | 16GB G.Skill Ares | Corsair 600T White | 212 EVO | HX750
#7shootsmackPosted 11/15/2012 2:56:41 PM
gtarocker posted...
LordPoncho posted...

Like *cough* saints row *cough*

They had such a good thing going with SR2. Story was silly, sure, but the world itself was refreshing and the things you could do were pretty crazy.
---
You belong on the blizz D3 forums, it was built for people like you. Like how some barns are built specifically to contain filthy animals.
#8HoosierGuy88Posted 11/15/2012 2:58:21 PM
I've seen quite a few dumb topics on this board, but this one takes the cake.
#9Sniper_Brosef(Topic Creator)Posted 11/15/2012 2:58:46 PM
are you guys honestly trying to tell me that you spend more time doing the story then you do free roaming/experimenting/messing around?
---
Detroit Sports Rule!!! - Millen is gone forever!!!!!!!!!!
R.I.P. Keith.....I loved you man.....you will be sorely missed.
#10wwervinPosted 11/15/2012 3:00:15 PM
Sniper_Brosef posted...

I bet you're one of those people that buy the new Call of Dutys each year and jump straight to the multiplayer and don't ever touch the campaign. You're a fool and you don't even know what you're missing out on. Not having a story makes everything hollow and lifeless. What's the purpose of even giving these characters a face or a name if you're not even interested in their story? What's the purpose of even existing in this virtual world?

I hope no company ever takes your advice. We need games to evolve and go forward. Rockstar is one of the best companies when it comes to that.