Why do these games even bother with the story?!?

#131Sniper_Brosef(Topic Creator)Posted 11/16/2012 9:00:09 PM
KarpWhip posted...
creep50 posted...
KarpWhip posted...
Why do you guys keep arguing with this guy... It's like trying to debate with a brain damaged chimp.

and why is that....what did i say that sounded so ´´brain damaged´´???

random insults???

I guess you haven't noticed how many people have told you that you need to work on your communication skills in general. They aren't joking or saying it just to be mean. The way you put yourself across seriously makes you seem to be not very intelligent. Or extremely underage.

Is the poor construction of that statement ironic or just funny?
---
Detroit Sports Rule!!! - Millen is gone forever!!!!!!!!!!
R.I.P. Keith.....I loved you man.....you will be sorely missed.
#132OMGhescrazyPosted 11/16/2012 9:31:54 PM
TC you've just won the most idiotic topic on gameFAQS in the past 10 years award
---
XBL gamer tag : CaesarP1FF
#133somebody336Posted 11/16/2012 9:51:46 PM
The stories in GTA games are terrible. I'd prefer it if they just unlock the whole map from the start and bugger off with making us play through the campaign.
#134creep50Posted 11/16/2012 9:54:37 PM
OMGhescrazy posted... me
TC you've just won the most idiotic topic on gameFAQS in the past 10 years award

wow more random insults with no context......yet again the logic on this board amazes me
---
San Andreas > > > > > > > > >Desert Bus > > > > > > > >GTA 4
#135some09guy IIPosted 11/16/2012 10:01:01 PM
Sniper_Brosef posted...
super mario world didnt have much of a narrative....still a fantastic and fun game

You realize the Mario series basically introduced the concept of a narrative to the casual market and, in doing so, largely went about reviving gaming, correct?

All but the most basic games tend to have a story. Stories give us goals, they often set about the rules, give the bright lights on the screen context. Without story and/or atmosphere most games are crippled, excepting extremely short titles such as Minesweeper or Geometry Wars. Even Saints Row has a fairly in-depth story. Don't believe me? Remove all the humor from the game. Remove all objective explanations aside from simple point totals and markers. Without context even a game as crazy as that series falls apart.
#136creep50Posted 11/16/2012 10:12:59 PM

You realize the Mario series basically introduced the concept of a narrative to the casual market and, in doing so, largely went about reviving gaming, correct?

pitfall

donkey kong

the story in mario was never supposed to be in depth...it was just like you said ´´ reason´´

there is also a reason why they didnt make it more complicated as time went by...even after ninja gaiden.....
---
San Andreas > > > > > > > > >Desert Bus > > > > > > > >GTA 4
#137some09guy IIPosted 11/16/2012 10:43:57 PM
creep50 posted...
pitfall

donkey kong

Were well before the gaming crash.
#138Erik_PPosted 11/16/2012 11:10:59 PM
So there are people that don't play the GTA games for the story. Basically, what this tells me is that they remain stuck on the first island and never open up the cooler aspects of the game.

No flying planes or helicopters for you! No gambling on the Strip in Las Venturas for you!

Hey, if they want to miss out on gameplay features because they would rather reenact the latest garbage Michael Bay crapfest, then I don't care.
---
Knock knock! Who's there? SHOOT ME IN THE FACE! - Face McShooty
#139SaintFC_Posted 11/17/2012 1:47:25 AM
I'll be doing everything. Free roam and story. I'm certain that's what most others will be doing, why miss out on a portion of your game?
---
Help Me!
#140VG_SoldierPosted 11/17/2012 1:59:53 AM
Because Rockstar has a track record for creating great stories? Because a good story makes the world feel more alive? Because it's better than the alternative?
---
If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him. ---
In peace prepare for war, in war prepare for peace.