Why do these games even bother with the story?!?

#141FromanothertimePosted 11/17/2012 2:33:35 AM
Another child who will be reaching for the gun cheat in 45 seconds.
#142Pirate_DuckPosted 11/17/2012 7:10:56 AM
I can't believe no one has bought up Red Dead Redemption...
---
Dayman! aaaAAAaaa Fighter of the Nightman! aaaAAAaaa Champion of the Sun! aaaAAAaaa His a master of karate and friendship for everyone!
#143creep50Posted 11/17/2012 8:13:54 AM
Erik_P posted...
So there are people that don't play the GTA games for the story. Basically, what this tells me is that they remain stuck on the first island and never open up the cooler aspects of the game.

No flying planes or helicopters for you! No gambling on the Strip in Las Venturas for you!

Hey, if they want to miss out on gameplay features because they would rather reenact the latest garbage Michael Bay crapfest, then I don't care.

well what i am saying is that i am fine with the story...actually i like the story...but its not the reason why i play sandbox games

the story itself dosnt really matter i like the missions much more.....so if the story is just an excuse for the missions then its fine by me...but i play the game much more after after if have completed it
---
San Andreas > > > > > > > > >Desert Bus > > > > > > > >GTA 4
#144Mentalpatient87Posted 11/17/2012 8:22:25 AM
Pirate_Duck posted...
I can't believe no one has bought up Red Dead Redemption...

I can't believe this board is so dead, except for the three or four multi-page bicker fests.
---
"Star bringing purple! Star bringing yorbel! STOP BRINGING YORBEL! STOP RINGING YOUR BELL!"
#145ReezyKunPosted 11/17/2012 8:46:27 AM
u r so wrong , I love the stories in gta.
---
GT- Nerdy Ryuu /PSN - Darkninjabozz
3DS-1203-9519-9064 / Twitter@Sirryuu
#146Erik_PPosted 11/17/2012 8:52:54 AM
The stories in GTA games are terrible. I'd prefer it if they just unlock the whole map from the start and bugger off with making us play through the campaign.

This guy just literally called GTA's story a "campaign."

This ain't CoD buddy.
---
Knock knock! Who's there? SHOOT ME IN THE FACE! - Face McShooty
#147Sniper_Brosef(Topic Creator)Posted 11/17/2012 8:57:18 AM
ReezyKun posted...
u r so wrong , I love the stories in gta.

Im not saying the stories are bad!!! Did anyone actually READ my first post??? I merely inquired as to who actually buys the game FOR the story...and not the addictive gameplay which allows you so much freedom and creativity that you can do just about anything you want! Like I said previously, Ive played and beat all gta games, but i come for the gameplay first and foremost...story is just like a bonus, something to do in the game when my creativity hits a wall
---
Detroit Sports Rule!!! - Millen is gone forever!!!!!!!!!!
R.I.P. Keith.....I loved you man.....you will be sorely missed.
#148Dunmer999Posted 11/17/2012 8:57:59 AM
Erik_P posted...
The stories in GTA games are terrible. I'd prefer it if they just unlock the whole map from the start and bugger off with making us play through the campaign.

This ain't CoD buddy.

I've seen a lot of types of games call the main story the campaign. Probably more from the ps2 era.
#149Mentalpatient87Posted 11/17/2012 10:16:06 AM
Erik_P posted...

This ain't CoD buddy.

We've been using "campaign" to refer to the main mode of progression in games for a good twenty years, buddy.
---
"Star bringing purple! Star bringing yorbel! STOP BRINGING YORBEL! STOP RINGING YOUR BELL!"
#150Erik_PPosted 11/17/2012 10:39:01 AM
Mentalpatient87 posted...
Erik_P posted...

This ain't CoD buddy.

We've been using "campaign" to refer to the main mode of progression in games for a good twenty years, buddy.

Wow, that made me laugh hard. That's not even close to true.
---
Knock knock! Who's there? SHOOT ME IN THE FACE! - Face McShooty