Why do these games even bother with the story?!?

#151moniewitchPosted 11/17/2012 9:46:04 AM
Yeah I get them for the story and characters. The gameplay comes last imo
---
Jesus is our best friend & savior
#152Just_The_TipPosted 11/17/2012 12:49:46 PM
I still love the cut-scenes in all the GTA's, no matter how many times I've seen them. Even when there narrative gets clouded, R* still does an awesome job with dialogue and humor.

SR cut-scenes just cause me to roll my eyes and get douche chills. The humor always feels like a cheap imitation of R*'s too.
---
Bernard, don't be a tuna head
#153Mentalpatient87Posted 11/17/2012 1:19:29 PM
Erik_P posted...
Wow, that made me laugh hard. That's not even close to true.

You're wrong, though. The term campaign even predates video games, such as it's common use in D&D.
---
"Star bringing purple! Star bringing yorbel! STOP BRINGING YORBEL! STOP RINGING YOUR BELL!"
#154PantherRiderPosted 11/17/2012 1:23:16 PM
GTA IV story wasn't that great, i thought that TLaD was an improovement but still Klebitz seeemed like a little punk ***** to me... Dude from Ballad of Gay Tony was way cooler and that story actually really rocked.
#155DarkLordMorsulPosted 11/17/2012 8:42:10 PM
PantherRider posted...
GTA IV story wasn't that great, i thought that TLaD was an improovement but still Klebitz seeemed like a little punk ***** to me... Dude from Ballad of Gay Tony was way cooler and that story actually really rocked.

I thought Iv's story was fantastic and BoGT was really good as well. not a Fan of LaD however I'm not into the whole buiker thing so that's more preference than anything actually bad.
---
Skit Tells is Really good
#156Sniper_Brosef(Topic Creator)Posted 11/18/2012 10:44:52 AM
DarkLordMorsul posted...
PantherRider posted...

I thought Iv's story was fantastic and BoGT was really good as well. not a Fan of LaD however I'm not into the whole buiker thing so that's more preference than anything actually bad.

i liked Lost and the Damned....
---
Detroit Sports Rule!!! - Millen is gone forever!!!!!!!!!!
R.I.P. Keith.....I loved you man.....you will be sorely missed.
#157SteamsterPosted 11/18/2012 11:26:21 AM
Despite possible sarcasm, the title and opening post make me weep.
#158Sniper_Brosef(Topic Creator)Posted 11/18/2012 12:10:00 PM
Steamster posted...
Despite possible sarcasm, the title and opening post make me weep.

why??? Gosh you guys act so high and mighty because you buy the game for GTA's story! LMAO!!! Just because I buy it for the gameplay you guys are better than me huh?
---
Detroit Sports Rule!!! - Millen is gone forever!!!!!!!!!!
R.I.P. Keith.....I loved you man.....you will be sorely missed.
#159dadkwasherePosted 11/18/2012 12:42:07 PM(edited)
I loved every games story. From Vice city's scarface theme to san andreas gangsta style to 4's real depiction of a life of crime, it gives the world feeling. If there was no story then there wouldn't be a sense of direction or purpose, just aimlessly wandering around figuring out what you can and can't do. Of course, thats just me. Do what you will.
---
You need to find a more political solution.
Nhhrm. Tasty...LIQUID!!!...hmmm tasty.
#160creep50Posted 11/18/2012 12:51:09 PM
dadkwashere posted...
I loved every games story. From Vice city's scarface theme to san andreas gangsta style to 4's real depiction of a life of crime, it gives the world feeling. If there was no story then there wouldn't be a sense of direction or purpose, just aimlessly wandering around figuring out what you can and can't do. Of course, thats just me. Do what you will.

then what do you do after the story???
---
San Andreas > > > > > > > > >Desert Bus > > > > > > > >GTA 4