Saints Row 4 might give this game a run for its money...

#21goldwPosted 11/16/2012 11:19:33 AM
If you honestly believe that Saint's Row 2 is better than GTA IV, I want you to frame your argument, because I can't see a single thing that game does better.

SR2 is a great game, but GTA was a brilliant expression on what video games could possibly be.
---
A child has a 40% chance of surviving if hit by Usain Bolt - S1nharvest
#22Penguin1689Posted 11/16/2012 11:34:41 AM
I enjoyed SR3 more than GTA IV.
#23LaManoNeraIIPosted 11/16/2012 11:44:21 AM
goldw posted...

SR2 is a great game, but GTA was a brilliant expression on what video games could possibly be.

Lmao

I think you're confusing GTA4 with RDR.
---
R.I.P LaManoNera
04-06-2009
#24Dusk_Posted 11/16/2012 11:45:32 AM
Penguin1689 posted...

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii127/PatrickBateman1/350qbh0.jpg
#25Poundx2Posted 11/16/2012 11:52:55 AM
goldw posted...
If you honestly believe that Saint's Row 2 is better than GTA IV, I want you to frame your argument, because I can't see a single thing that game does better.

This isn't science. There is no litmus test for this. You either enjoy A more or B more. I preferred SR2. If I have to explain why, it would be that I found the experience more enjoyable. But here is the kicker. My reasons for buying a video game, may not be your reasons for buying a video game. And thus, we get different levels of enjoyment from different things. The problem is when someone flat out states that A is better than B instead of the correct "I prefer A to B".
GTA IV had better graphics. Had a more gripping story, and the more realistic physics. Now here's the issue with me, I already have realistic. I drive to work every day. I drive home from work every day. My interactions with my friends, family, and co-workers are realistic. I have realism. I want fun. I want to be entertained. It just so happens that the lesser realistic game provided me with something that my life was missing, while GTA IV did not. That's it. No slam to GTA IV. No "lulz teh gam sux". It was a damn good game. Critically acclaimed and all that. I was looking for something else.
---
I know what I did was wrong, but they were so pretty.
#26DruffPosted 11/16/2012 11:55:30 AM
Penguin1689 posted...

Not that shocking. There are people out there who would enjoy eating a couple of hot dogs more than a prime rib dinner. Bad taste isn't a sin. It's just... bad.
---
Caution - You are approaching the periphery shield of Vortex Four
#27TheCongoPosted 11/16/2012 11:55:59 AM
Saints Row #1 was awesome. The online gangs system was a massive hit. The single player was still fun too!

Saints Row 2 was great fun too, it was getting a little over the top but it was still awesome.

Saints Row 3, I didn't even bother with. Obviously they had new developers and completely ruined the game.
#28ZackG31Posted 11/16/2012 11:57:29 AM
SR2 was good but not great like GTA 4, SR3 was a joke of a game
---
Atheism is a terrible bet. It gives you no chance of winning the prize.
Synthesis is the Best option.... FOR THE REAPERS!
#29ZodofWarPosted 11/16/2012 12:07:31 PM
goldw posted...
Meh SR2 was better than GTA4 imo so I'm not going to say anything until both are released.

SR2 was great, but it does not come anywhere close to GTA IV's level.

I loved SR2, but even with the customization, the added amount of guns and other items, The realism of GTA IV always brought me back. And seeing what SRTT was, I have ZERO intention on buying SR4. Especially when you consider that they're making that DLC with the dominatrix's the basis of the next game. So stupid.
---
Being Difficult is easy.
#30DruffPosted 11/16/2012 12:13:53 PM
I enjoyed all of the SRs, including SR3. But for me the idea that they could ever be anything more than a pale shadow of GTA is a literally laughable idea. They definitely cater more to the hardcore San Andreas/random wackiness fans, which I have never been.
---
Caution - You are approaching the periphery shield of Vortex Four