Saints Row 4 might give this game a run for its money...

#31daveliciousPosted 11/16/2012 12:33:40 PM
SR2 and SR3 both had so much potential...

But then SR2 blew it by having atrocious physics which lead to boring gameplay.

And SR3 blew it by forgetting nearly everything that redeemed SR2 and ended up with a game with no personality.

Nonetheless, GTAIV was (and still is today) a beast of a game. There's still nothing this gen that comes close to the level of quality and detail relative to the scope of the game. Euphoria engine is still the best thing that ever happened to a sandbox game, and that's why rockstar is still the king of the sandbox genre.
---
PSN: Davelicious GT: DavePeesThePool
NEW SETUP: http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee174/Davelicious406/DSC02294.jpg
#32Rude HeroPosted 11/16/2012 12:40:59 PM
If it's anything like Saints Row 3 was then I doubt it. hardly evolved from 2, and judging by the amount of effort that's been put into Five, THQ they better brace themselves for overtime.
---
I don't like killing people from geographical location A, but have no qualm killing people from geographical location B.
#33thedeparted94Posted 11/16/2012 12:51:46 PM
Saints row 3 is unplayable for me..It's just..awful

Even Vice city & san andreas are better than those games let alone gtaIV..

gtaIV and RDR are in a league of their own right now, they'll be joined by gtaV soon.
---
<PSN> britz02
#34CyhortI82Posted 11/16/2012 12:55:42 PM
SR has always been better than GTA, no surprise there.
---
TheTygerfire is the love of my life.
I believe in the Straight Edge Savior and the Mizziah I love DLC :)
#35goldwPosted 11/16/2012 12:57:23 PM
SR has always been better than GTA, no surprise there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FopyRHHlt3M
---
The Elbow of Peace shall cast judgement on the guilty
#36OkikurmiPosted 11/16/2012 1:06:32 PM
GTA VC, GTA SA, SR2 SR3 are all better than GTA4.

I'm not getting my hopes up for GTA5 just yet.
---
I...am...Alexander. Tremble...before me... Worship...my greatness... I shall ascend to the heavens...
#37goldwPosted 11/16/2012 1:07:37 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FopyRHHlt3M
---
A child has a 40% chance of surviving if hit by Usain Bolt - S1nharvest
#38NorkenPosted 11/16/2012 1:17:34 PM(edited)
Okikurmi posted...

I agree GTA4 was all graphics. It became a bore real quickly. People spout realism but there is nothing real about having a shoot out with cops then driving X amount of miles to safety. Nico is the worst main character ever. Just a blood thirsty punk with a terrible cousin in a terrible city. At least Claude had a legitimate motive.

People need to wake up and realize it. When they do then our nation's IQ will rise back up.

Now let the haters disagree.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ and are 100% proud, put this in your sig.
Romans 14:8
#39OkikurmiPosted 11/16/2012 1:21:12 PM
Norken posted...
Okikurmi posted...

I agree GTA4 was all graphics. It became a bore real quickly. People spout realism but there is nothing real about having a shoot out with cops then driving X amount of miles to safety. Nico is the worst main character ever. Just a blood thirsty punk with a terrible cousin in a terrible city. At least Claude had a legitimate motive.

People need to wake up and realize it. When they do then our nation's IQ will rise back up.

Now let the haters disagree.

The thing with realism is it ISNT FUN. I played through the storys of GTA3, VC and SA multiple times. I couldnt get though GTA4 once.

I got the feeling AC3 tried going for the realism aproach like rockstar, hunting, crafting, gathering items and all that. Was really uninteresting.

GTA5 may well be the best game of all time, i don't know yet. But after playing GTA4 i am not going to get excited over a trailer filled with cut scenes.
---
I...am...Alexander. Tremble...before me... Worship...my greatness... I shall ascend to the heavens...
#40stokes12Posted 11/16/2012 1:25:41 PM
Put simply everyone in this topic is both completely right and completely wrong all at the same time as well as everywhere in between those two extremes because the whole argument comes down to personal taste and opinion, which means that it is impossible in this world for everyone to feel the same way on this matter.