Saints Row 4 might give this game a run for its money...

#61stokes12Posted 11/16/2012 2:25:39 PM
TRC187 posted...
I'm wondering what the average age is for the people saying they like the SR series?

I'm old, 30's old, and I've tried all the SR's, each one was complete and utter trash in my opinion. They are so far from even being remotely comparable, its funny to me.

The quality, graphics, physics, storyline, detail and overall feel is like comparing a brand new top of the line Mercedes to a 2 year old Kia Rio.

Its weird for me to hear that they are comparable.

Well I'm not far from 30 myself and I like both series, though GTA has been more consistent in terms of the quality of its output being high
#62jastenPosted 11/16/2012 2:26:24 PM
As long as SR continues 3's trend of sending up the genre and being as over the top ridiculous and fun... then SR4 will easily trump GTA5. No GTA game even touches SR3.
---
We are not merely the sum of our parts
#63paperwariorPosted 11/16/2012 2:30:13 PM
Anything's possible when SR4 hasn't even been announced, I suppose.
---
"God Hand is the ultimate expression of the joy of humanity, specifically the punching part of the joy of humanity."-Shigeru Miyamoto
#64NicoGrimmPosted 11/16/2012 2:36:55 PM
I'm wondering what the average age is for the people saying they like the SR series?

I'm old, 30's old, and I've tried all the SR's, each one was complete and utter trash in my opinion. They are so far from even being remotely comparable, its funny to me.

The quality, graphics, physics, storyline, detail and overall feel is like comparing a brand new top of the line Mercedes to a 2 year old Kia Rio.

25. I love the over the top crazyness of SR. Hated hwo serious GTA4 is.
I also occasionally play Nintendo games. *gasp*

Bottom line is, Age has absolutely NOTHING to do with it.
---
'Cause I like you so much better when you're naked! I like me so much better when you're naked!
#65stokes12Posted 11/16/2012 2:37:25 PM
paperwarior posted...
Anything's possible when SR4 hasn't even been announced, I suppose.

It was officially confirmed in June that they were working on both SR4 and SR3 - Enter the Dominatrix
#66TRC187Posted 11/16/2012 2:41:36 PM(edited)
stokes12 posted...
TRC187 posted...

Well I'm not far from 30 myself and I like both series, though GTA has been more consistent in terms of the quality of its output being high

Granted I couldn't even make it past the first mission or so, the game didn't grab me and get me interested enough to continue.

Age does in my opinion. I've seen more of the younger crowd interested in the series than older folk. Not saying there aren't older people who liked them such as yourselves, its just usually younger.
#67jastenPosted 11/16/2012 2:39:53 PM
NicoGrimm posted...

Very much this... In fact, I tend to shy away from overly gritty and angsty slop anymore. I'm kinda of tired of watching characters die or be put through hell for "teh artz!". So SR3 was perfect for that. Just pure, distilled awesomeness.
---
We are not merely the sum of our parts
#68stokes12Posted 11/16/2012 2:41:17 PM
TRC187 posted...
stokes12 posted...
TRC187 posted...

Granted I couldn't even make it past the first mission or so, the game didn't grab me and get me interested enough to continue.

Well that's a matter of personal taste more than it is age I think, I loved SR1 and only realised just how flawed it was when I played SR2 which was significantly superior.

SRtT did some things I liked, but in a lot of ways it was a massive step backwards and I'm hoping SR4 (if THQ survives long enough for us to see it) will kick the series back into life
#69NicoGrimmPosted 11/16/2012 2:44:19 PM(edited)
^Exactly!

I mean, I never had a "NEED MOAR GRITTY REALISM RAWR!" phase, but I'm pretty sure that if i did go through one, I'd have outgrown it by now. I judge games by how fun they are for me, not how realistic they are.
San Andreas and Vice City? Veru fun. GTA4? Not so much, imo. Grated, I only got through like 3 or 4 missions in GTA 4, but it didnt grab my interest liek the others.

Also, SR3 was my first Saints Row game, and loved every single moment of it. I didnt realize how flawed it was until after I played SR2. SR3 feels like a massive step backwards.
---
'Cause I like you so much better when you're naked! I like me so much better when you're naked!
#70DarkLordMorsulPosted 11/16/2012 2:46:30 PM
jasten posted...
NicoGrimm posted...

Very much this... In fact, I tend to shy away from overly gritty and angsty slop anymore. I'm kinda of tired of watching characters die or be put through hell for "teh artz!". So SR3 was perfect for that. Just pure, distilled awesomeness.

I hate games that are over the top for "teh Lawlz!" So GTAIV was perfect for that just pure distilled awesomeness.
---
Skit Tells is Really good