Saints Row 4 might give this game a run for its money...

#71redskinStuPosted 11/16/2012 3:53:46 PM
Saints Row 2 was more fun to play. As far as I'm concerned, that's all that matters.

GTA4 was so boring. So boring.
#72goldwPosted 11/16/2012 3:58:05 PM
I love over the top games, but there is a limit.

Saint's Row 3 was just too much stupidity to handle.
---
A child has a 40% chance of surviving if hit by Usain Bolt - S1nharvest
#73jastenPosted 11/16/2012 4:09:51 PM
DarkLordMorsul posted...
jasten posted...
NicoGrimm posted...
I'm wondering what the average age is for the people saying they like the SR series?

I'm old, 30's old, and I've tried all the SR's, each one was complete and utter trash in my opinion. They are so far from even being remotely comparable, its funny to me.

The quality, graphics, physics, storyline, detail and overall feel is like comparing a brand new top of the line Mercedes to a 2 year old Kia Rio.

Its weird for me to hear that they are comparable.

25. I love the over the top crazyness of SR. Hated hwo serious GTA4 is.
I also occasionally play Nintendo games. *gasp*

Bottom line is, Age has absolutely NOTHING to do with it.

Very much this... In fact, I tend to shy away from overly gritty and angsty slop anymore. I'm kinda of tired of watching characters die or be put through hell for "teh artz!". So SR3 was perfect for that. Just pure, distilled awesomeness.

I hate games that are over the top for "teh Lawlz!" So GTAIV was perfect for that just pure distilled awesomeness.

Maybe try being original in your pathetic attempts to mock next time? I mean really, I give it a 2 out of 10... you need some practice at this apparently.
---
We are not merely the sum of our parts
#74jakerscythePosted 11/16/2012 4:27:07 PM
Might is right.
#75NorkenPosted 11/16/2012 4:41:38 PM
DarkLordMorsul posted...
jasten posted...
NicoGrimm posted...
I'm wondering what the average age is for the people saying they like the SR series?

I'm old, 30's old, and I've tried all the SR's, each one was complete and utter trash in my opinion. They are so far from even being remotely comparable, its funny to me.

The quality, graphics, physics, storyline, detail and overall feel is like comparing a brand new top of the line Mercedes to a 2 year old Kia Rio.

Its weird for me to hear that they are comparable.

25. I love the over the top crazyness of SR. Hated hwo serious GTA4 is.
I also occasionally play Nintendo games. *gasp*

Bottom line is, Age has absolutely NOTHING to do with it.

Very much this... In fact, I tend to shy away from overly gritty and angsty slop anymore. I'm kinda of tired of watching characters die or be put through hell for "teh artz!". So SR3 was perfect for that. Just pure, distilled awesomeness.

I hate games that are over the top for "teh Lawlz!" So GTAIV was perfect for that just pure distilled awesomeness.

There is no such thing as "distilled awesomeness".

Your cred just expired.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ and are 100% proud, put this in your sig.
Romans 14:8
#76ZarethPosted 11/16/2012 4:46:14 PM
Saints Row 2 was great, the Third was bad.

If they use Steelport again in Saints Row 4 (which they probably will) It will be terrible. I honestly didn't even realize it was possible to make a city that lifeless in an open world game.
---
It's okay, I have no idea who I am either.
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a374/sage_assassin20/13295475117601.gif
#77CADE FOSTERPosted 11/16/2012 6:07:56 PM
Lol no saints blow all of them combined couldnt seel more than gta 4 much less than gta 5
---
http://i1050.photobucket.com/albums/s416/Arianfoster/katy-perry-1.gif
http://i.imgur.com/hUMY8.gif
#78DruffPosted 11/16/2012 7:10:09 PM
Saints Row is like the world's biggest San Andreas fanboy decided to make a video game, and the rest of his 8th grade class was the development team.
---
Caution - You are approaching the periphery shield of Vortex Four
#79TRESemmePosted 11/16/2012 9:24:06 PM
Back when San Andreas came out, I unfortunately had a Gamecube. Up to that point I had never played an open-world game (not counting NFS Underground 2). So you could imagine my excitement when True Crime: NYC was released. I was instantly hooked. The freedom to do whatever you want, do whatever you want, kill whoever you want; I loved it.

It would be quite a while until I would taste that freedom again. And it came in the form of Saints Row. It was the 360's first open-world game. Everything I loved about NYC, but with next-gen visuals. It had a great story, a lot of content, but what did it for me was the character customization. It personalized the experience and made me feel.. unique. It's not my favorite sandbox game, but it holds a special place in my heart.

Then GTAIV came along. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't blown away. The introductory mission where you dive from the dockyard to Roman's apartment, when you exit the apartment and walk to the taxi place wile admiring your surroundings, shooting a gun for the first time with Jacob; coming from the first Saints Row, it truly was mind blowing. I remember the first chase mission you do where you're on a motorcycle, as I was following the guy I shot my gun once and the car lost control and crashed head on into another car, coming to a stop. I got out to inspect the damage. The bullet had gone through the back windshield, through the guy's head, and exited through the front windshield. He was slumped over with his brains all over the window. It was the first time I had witnessed this much detail and it was epic. It was at that very moment I realized this was the best game I had played. I fully beat the game and loved almost every second (cahzin letsa go bowling).

I didn't buy SR2 right away, quite some time passed actually. And when I finally did pick it up, I put it down right away. In retrospect, I think it was the graphics that was putting me off, and maybe Fallout 3 lol. Anyway, a few months later I picked it up again. This time it clicked, and though the story wasn't as good, everything else was improved upon. More character customization, more activities, some crazy missions, and hilarious cheats. I also fully beat the game and I'm pretty sure I put more hours into this then IV. Which is better? Idk, though I'm shining a brighter light on IV, I love them both. They're both incredibly fun, and I consumed much of my life into these lines of code.

RDR came next. I won't go into much detail, but it's the best game Rockstar has put out to date. It's probably my second favorite game of the current gen, after Fallout 3. In fact, the only thing I felt was missing, was the option to go prone. It would have made hunting more realistic.

Just Cause 2 was my next sandbox. I don't wanna say much, but if you haven't played it, get it. It's dirt cheap and hours of fun. But now I feel like I should talk about Crackdown, Mafia II, Prototype 1 & 2, but I don't wanna bore anyone (though if you're still reading I doubt you care).

And now we have finally arrived at SR TT. I can't even begin to describe what garbage this game is. There was no atmosphere, it had no soul, it was dead. GTAIV, SR 1 & 2, RDR, these were video games that were able to fully pull me into their worlds. The amount of over the top made that impossible. It's story was a disrespect to the characters. It's story missions were awful. The customization was reduced. I know V was working with a new engine but I'd gladly trade shiny graphics for everything that made SR2 great. Heck, the new city was awful. I beat the story and never gave it a second thought. I have no hope for SR4.

TD;LR: SRTT was bad and Volition should feel bad. And I also see I proved myself wrong when I started SR was the first sandbox game on the 360. Crackdown takes that title.
---
I just have to put something here.
#80Storm Chamber(Topic Creator)Posted 11/17/2012 11:40:32 PM(edited)
goldw posted...
Saint's Row 3 was absolute garbage. I wonder what the hell went wrong in the years between SR2 and SR3.

Volition/THQ got into financial trouble (and it shows)
---
"We will not solve our problems by announcing them to the general public. We only speed ourselves on our way to the gallows." - Dr. Harlan Fontaine