Saints Row 4 might give this game a run for its money...

#81puffinslaughterPosted 11/18/2012 8:54:48 AM
The thing with realism is it ISNT FUN. I played through the storys of GTA3, VC and SA multiple times. I couldnt get though GTA4 once.

I got the feeling AC3 tried going for the realism aproach like rockstar, hunting, crafting, gathering items and all that. Was really uninteresting.

GTA5 may well be the best game of all time, i don't know yet. But after playing GTA4 i am not going to get excited over a trailer filled with cut scenes.

So because realism isn't fun TO YOU, means it isn't fun for anybody? I happen to have a lot of fun playing GTA IV because it's more realistic. Fun isn't a term that has a set definition. It's different to every single person.

I loved San Andreas too, but I'm glad they took a break from all the crazy stuff.
---
"Its not like im speak like some brian dead 10 year old."- Pokefilm
Pittsburgh Steelers: 2-3
#82B0vrilPosted 11/18/2012 8:57:17 AM
I struggle to understand how anyone found Saints row 2 an enjoyable game let alone found it better than GTA4....

We're all different I guess.
#83PantherRiderPosted 11/18/2012 9:10:33 AM
goldw posted...
If you honestly believe that Saint's Row 2 is better than GTA IV, I want you to frame your argument, because I can't see a single thing that game does better.

SR2 is a great game, but GTA was a brilliant expression on what video games could possibly be.

teh way i see it Barring all DLC... GTA IV had a way greater online community more fun and more aweseome to piss off people, SR2's online sucked(i prefered the 1st one if they did away with the lag, i liked how your clothing was a reflection of your skill and in SR 2 you could be a day 1 scrub and have like the nicest threads, took the fun out of competing). But SR2's singleplayer was better than GTA IV...

However break down physics and graphics who wins? GTA IV, city, map, livlihood GTA IV. Fun random missions SR2. Will i get SR 4 if it comes out? yeah most likely i got 3 but its unopened and i'll eventually play it just never got around to that one...
#84Perfect LightPosted 11/18/2012 9:28:49 AM
With THQ's problems, we'll see if Saints Row 4 ever comes out. I know I won't be buying day one after the disappointment that was SR3. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed it but I regret paying full price.
---
Visit youtube.com/sciencebytes, learn something new
My novel - http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0095KJ6YC
#85NicoGrimmPosted 11/18/2012 9:29:07 AM
The thing with realism is it ISNT FUN. I played through the storys of GTA3, VC and SA multiple times. I couldnt get though GTA4 once.

I got the feeling AC3 tried going for the realism aproach like rockstar, hunting, crafting, gathering items and all that. Was really uninteresting.

GTA5 may well be the best game of all time, i don't know yet. But after playing GTA4 i am not going to get excited over a trailer filled with cut scenes.

So because realism isn't fun TO YOU, means it isn't fun for anybody? I happen to have a lot of fun playing GTA IV because it's more realistic. Fun isn't a term that has a set definition. It's different to every single person.

I loved San Andreas too, but I'm glad they took a break from all the crazy stuff.

You realize this applies to both sides of the argument, right?
You like realism.
I like over the top crazyness.

They're just preferences. neither of us is "wrong".

Also, considering how much you guys hate SR, I shudder to imagine what you think of Just Cause 2. An entire game basically centered around 'Story? What? Just... blow that stuff up over there!"
---
'Cause I like you so much better when you're naked! I like me so much better when you're naked!
#86puffinslaughterPosted 11/18/2012 10:11:16 AM
You realize this applies to both sides of the argument, right?
You like realism.
I like over the top crazyness.

They're just preferences. neither of us is "wrong".

Also, considering how much you guys hate SR, I shudder to imagine what you think of Just Cause 2. An entire game basically centered around 'Story? What? Just... blow that stuff up over there!"

Of course. I'm not saying anyone is wrong. Okikurmi was the one acting like it's wrong to enjoy realism, which is why I interjected.
---
"Its not like im speak like some brian dead 10 year old."- Pokefilm
Pittsburgh Steelers: 2-3