Please tell me they havn't removed/down toned the GTA4 driving mechanics?

#1agentspoonPosted 11/16/2012 6:31:35 PM
It was the perfect mix between Arcade and Racing Sim and once you learned that your not playing Mario Cart was extremely satisfying to use.
---
HOLY ****! What is this? Forged in Gods very flames! Do mine eyes tell me lies? A new Elder Scrolls game?
Time is nigh, I must fly, Venture forth on my quest!
#2HoosierGuy88Posted 11/16/2012 6:32:50 PM
They said this game is supposed to be much more like a racing game that GTA IV was, not sure if that will be a good thing or not. We'll see.
#3gen0c1de420Posted 11/16/2012 6:35:13 PM
could be good if it is like forza. Could be bad if it is like burnout paradise. Who knows, only time will tell.

I honestly hope they add manual transmissions, that'd be sweet, but they wont so don't flame me.
---
---aliens and the government cant read messages with dashes infront of them it confuses there softwear and makes it ignore them--tzar_666
GT R1cky Rampag3
#4thedeparted94Posted 11/16/2012 6:43:49 PM
actually what they said was it was going to be like a high end racing game and you don't see many of those
---
<PSN> britz02
#5gtaking5Posted 11/16/2012 7:12:39 PM
Yeah the driving physics in GTA V are gonna be much better, not that they were bad in IV or anything.

Dan said that in GTA IV most vehicles felt like they were over weight and on ice(Paraphrasing here), so they hope to change that. I do agree with him. A lot of vehicles did feel like they were a little too "heavy." The Stallion for example. Been a long while since I drove one of those, got in one last night during a shootout and things didn't really go well. The turning was complete ass.

On the other hand cars like the Blista and Futo have amazing handling.
---
The colder it gets, you won't see me anymore, But there's still a chance I might walk to your door
Maybe the timing's not right, I won't be seeing you tonight
#6UtterMoonPosted 11/16/2012 7:14:52 PM
GTA IV had..easily..the best driving mechanics of the series. So hopefully they know this, and they won't go screwing it up...but its R*, so I am sure it will all be fine.
#7Chosen_1nePosted 11/16/2012 7:35:10 PM
I loved GTAIV's driving mechanics. Every car felt like it had real weight. It wasn't perfect though. Sometimes your car felt really heavy, and other times you'd drive over a small object when driving fast and your car would fly 8 feet and flip over. If it's the physics and weight of 4 with the control of the last gen GTAs ill be happy.

If it feels like sleeping dogs I'll be pissed. The driving in that game sucked. And everyone including critics said it was so much better than gta4. what? The cars were jerky as hell, felt like they were glued to the ground, and the camera sucked. And each vehicle didn't handle differently they were all just either slower or faster. I really don't get people sometimes.
#8gen0c1de420Posted 11/16/2012 7:40:09 PM
This really worries me though...It was a big thing for me in IV. I trust they will do well and if you really think about it, they spent all that effort into tweaking the physics in IV, i doub't they will downgrade it to SA handling or saints row. With the rage engine and the Euphoria physics, it should be technically impossible for them to feel too arcadey due to the fact Euphoria adds realistic movements to everything in the game.
---
---aliens and the government cant read messages with dashes infront of them it confuses there softwear and makes it ignore them--tzar_666
GT R1cky Rampag3