Do you think there will be a gameplay video series like RDR?

#1jimbobrulezPosted 11/18/2012 9:45:06 AM
I personally doubt it but would be happy if they have them
---
its like gta: sa... Carl should've had 1 star at all times, just being a black guy in 1990s L.A.- Masonator 2002
#2PepeSilvia906Posted 11/18/2012 10:40:29 AM(edited)
If I recall correctly, didn't R* say that they weren't going to be showing off as much video-wise from the game as their other games?

I would prefer if they didn't, because I want to avoid all video and info besides official trailers until release so that the game is fresh to me. If they put up a gameplay series I would definitely cave and watch them all a bunch of times.
#3B0vrilPosted 11/18/2012 10:54:53 AM
PepeSilvia906 posted...
If I recall correctly, didn't R* say that they weren't going to be showing off as much video-wise from the game as their other games?

Did they? I guess I wouldn't be too surprised either way.

PepeSilvia906 posted...
I would prefer if they didn't, because I want to avoid all video and info besides official trailers until release so that the game is fresh to me. If they put up a gameplay series I would definitely cave and watch them all a bunch of times.

That's true. Although it wouldn't ruin the game, it does take away from the surprise of seeing the game for the first time.
#4Godzilla63Posted 11/18/2012 10:58:54 AM
Seeing the free roam videos for RDR got me excited for all the hunting and stuff you could do with other players. Then when I get the game I find that everybody just griefs each other over and over and over...
#5PepeSilvia906Posted 11/18/2012 11:05:23 AM(edited)
B0vril posted...
PepeSilvia906 posted...

Did they? I guess I wouldn't be too surprised either way.

PepeSilvia906 posted...

That's true. Although it wouldn't ruin the game, it does take away from the surprise of seeing the game for the first time.

It's possible that I'm making the first part up, but I thought I had read that somewhere that probably isn't a reliable source. :p But I hope they decide not to.

And yeah, I have a really bad habit of reading all info and watching all videos about games I'm interested in, and then playing through it like "Oh, I remember seeing this. Cool, I guess :/" I really want to avoid that with this game, especially with things like what animals and weapons are in it.
#6DMan304Posted 11/18/2012 12:59:19 PM
I hope they do.

Those videos got me more excited about RDR than any of the trailers.
---
http://i345.photobucket.com/albums/p368/DMan30464/gir.gif
#7Miroku_of_Nite1Posted 11/18/2012 1:02:18 PM
Probably not. Those gameplay series was to introduce people to a new game, and hype it.

People know what GTA is about, but they didn't know what RDR was going to be about. Especially given how different it is from the first game.
---
http://i.imgur.com/w3fcH.jpg
http://img71.imageshack.us/img71/1307/miroku.png