im hoping for a metal station thats actually good.

#1lisa2damarcusPosted 11/19/2012 10:18:27 AM
ive had enough deathcore. seriously.
---
PSN and Gamertag: Gotmilk4377
#2StarGoyPosted 11/19/2012 11:29:48 AM
Yeah, unfortunately, metal fans, unlike rock, pop, and fans of other genres, possess no coherent definition of "good"; only what is established by time and general consensus as "influential".
#3gamedude00000Posted 11/19/2012 2:17:16 PM
While San Andreas was not my favorite GTA game, it had a stellar metal/rock soundtrack. So did Vice City.
---
Now Playing: World of Warcraft, Skyrim, Mount and Blade
Gamefaqs Ancient Rank Reached 12/01/2011.
#4enterthemadroxPosted 11/19/2012 3:44:14 PM
StarGoy posted...
Yeah, unfortunately, metal fans, unlike rock, pop, and fans of other genres, possess no coherent definition of "good"; only what is established by time and general consensus as "influential".

I think most metalheads would agree that a lot of deathcore sucks though.

It's funny but I and other metalheads have complained about Bring Me The Horizon being a bunch of ass and "nothing but screaming and noise" but we listen to Satyricon etc no problem.
---
Getting awfully tired of GameFAQs mods removing my posts for being "offensive" when I've done nothing wrong
#5Samaellives91Posted 11/19/2012 4:44:39 PM
V Rock was a good station, only good song on LCHC was Bathory's Call From The Grave, so yes I would like a good metal station. Put some classics (Iron Maiden, Megadeth, Slayer), some more obscure bands (like, I don't know, The Breathing Process or Disarmonia Mundi). Different sub-genres as well, would like some power, viking, black, symphonic, as long as they stay away from Deathcore.
---
I am a person. But am I Human? That's still up for debate.
#6lisa2damarcus(Topic Creator)Posted 11/24/2012 11:33:38 PM
just gimme some lamb of god, devildriver, evile, meshuggah, megadeth, mastodon, as i lay dying, and some others and ill be good
---
PSN and Gamertag: Gotmilk4377
#7FutureShockUKPosted 11/25/2012 4:29:14 AM
Bit of Metallica, Tempest, Exodus, Slayer and Anthrax, you'd probably have my ideal radio station!
---
The Leader of the Selfish Generation
GT:Future Shock UK PSN:FutureShockUK
#8chaos_belmontPosted 11/25/2012 5:03:43 AM
If by metal you mean "heavy" or "power" then yeah, if you mean any of the other kinds then *facepalm*
---
Sorcerer, king of dark intentions, pro skiller, sensual pleasures pirate, constant hankering for honey, sprinkly toes thrillseeker extraordinaire.
#9StarGoyPosted 11/25/2012 6:07:54 AM(edited)
enterthemadrox posted...
StarGoy posted...

I think most metalheads would agree that a lot of deathcore sucks though.

It's funny but I and other metalheads have complained about Bring Me The Horizon being a bunch of ass and "nothing but screaming and noise" but we listen to Satyricon etc no problem.

Because deathcore, like any 'core', isn't agreed upon at metal.

If a poll was taken concerning what good metal should be on the game's hypothetical metal station, three types of hypocrites would emerge: the bandwagon metalheads, the kvlt, and the separatists.

The first are stuck in the eighties and listen only to namebrand bands of that era. These are the worst. Why? Because they whine that no-one makes metal like that anymore, but when bands come out playing just as good or better in those genres, they ignore or aren't even aware of them. The type of fans that would've ignored the established bands when they were new, "they're copying Zeppelin, they're trying to be AC/DC" etc

The kvlt only want bands no-one has heard of, irrespective of good songs.

The separatists then come in and call them both stupid in an attempt to kill all metal discussion. These are the most jaded and elitist. Like a chef not wanting anyone ever to talk about food.
#10Pr3dat0r23Posted 11/25/2012 6:21:18 AM
Metal should be removed entirely.
---
its only a matter of time before a cop runs over a bunch of pedestrians and unloads a hundred rounds
into a suspect then blames his actions on playing GTA.