im hoping for a metal station thats actually good.

#21plagueartPosted 11/25/2012 9:05:38 PM
Metalhead topic...

No mention of Darkthrone or Celtic Frost.

Celtic Frost and Bathory in LatD were definitely the high points of that soundtrack.
---
The poodle bites. The poodle chews it.
#22robo_robPosted 11/25/2012 9:33:49 PM
FunleashTheUry posted...
Dr_Throatpunch posted...
There should be two metal stations. One plays '80s metal, and the other plays new metal. The '80s metal DJ is a washed-up member of a semi-popular hair band group and always talks about how great the '80s were. The new metal DJ is a beer chugging bro who talks about how much all other music sucks. The two DJs hate each other and constantly talk **** about each other on air. Eventually, you get missions from both guys asking you to kill the other one. Whichever one you kill, their station goes off the air and is replaced by another station.

I wish. But that would never happen. I'd just wish there was some way to separate the "clean" metal (80's, power metal, NWoBHM) and "brutal" metal (Death metal and all it's varients, metal that uses "growls" or "screams") because they really are too different to have in the same place. I mean, I like all of it, so I'd be okay with it, but a lot of hair metal fans hate death metal and vice versa.

And now there's a more modern "progressive"-ish scene that's becoming quite popular (bands like Periphery, The Human Abstract, Protest the Hero), and it happens to be hated on by a lot of the fans of the above two types. They're all practically different genres.

Show these to people who don't know much about metal and they'd probably think they were.

This: (Power metal)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjV8SHjHvHk

This: (modern Progressive metal)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRitJ1m8E1w

And this: (Tech Death)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIMW0aHN0ks

...are pretty different, and while I like all of them, a metal station with all these kinds of sub genres would definitely not please everyone.

Good post.
#23Bob_EsrockPosted 11/25/2012 10:49:06 PM
If there's at least one song from The Haunted, I'll be happy.

Also, Opeth and Celtic Frost mentioned in this topic. Only glanced through, but good tastes in here.
---
Lurking since 1999
Am I the only one who tends to read topics as one large self-argumentative post?
#24BornAgainSavagePosted 11/25/2012 11:40:06 PM
needs more nickelback ;)
#25FutureShockUKPosted 11/25/2012 11:54:38 PM
holden4ever posted...
a lot of hair metal fans hate death metal and vice versa

A lot of metal fans hate death metal too. I'm one of them. The only band with harsh vocals I can listen to is Opeth and that's because they aren't used all the time and I can understand what he's saying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cb9C1u8HsR8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxaFANthouM

^ Both songs are from the same album yet sound so different.

I'm not a fan of Death Metal. It's just noise, no tune. Thrash is the best Metal!

Also, I agree with the dude saying more Pantera!
---
The Leader of the Selfish Generation
GT:Future Shock UK PSN:FutureShockUK
#26CaIiber345Posted 11/26/2012 12:24:13 AM
Now, before you hate, please read everything that I post.

Pantera, Testament, Metallica, Iron Maiden, Megadeth, Killswitch Engage, Sepultura, Dream Theater, All That Remains, Dio, Lamb of God.

These are some bands I'd like to see on the metal station. Now here's the part where you read before you hate. I respect everyone else's tastes, even if I don't like them. I agree completely with StarGoy's post, and that's why I try to be open minded about metal, and music in general. But I notice that on GFaqs, there's always a thread about metal where everyone gets up in arms and calls everything that they don't like ass and trash and crap.

And I'm all for other bands that I might not know, because that way I get exposed to them. :)
---
Awaiting: Far Cry 3, GTA V
Republican Space Rangers!
#27FutureShockUKPosted 11/26/2012 5:43:49 AM
CaIiber345 posted...
Now, before you hate, please read everything that I post.

Pantera, Testament, Metallica, Iron Maiden, Megadeth, Killswitch Engage, Dio.

These are some bands I'd like to see on the metal station. Now here's the part where you read before you hate. I respect everyone else's tastes, even if I don't like them. I agree completely with StarGoy's post, and that's why I try to be open minded about metal, and music in general. But I notice that on GFaqs, there's always a thread about metal where everyone gets up in arms and calls everything that they don't like ass and trash and crap.

And I'm all for other bands that I might not know, because that way I get exposed to them. :)

I'm cool with these.
---
The Leader of the Selfish Generation
GT:Future Shock UK PSN:FutureShockUK
#28FunleashTheUryPosted 11/26/2012 2:49:22 PM
FutureShockUK posted...
I'm not a fan of Death Metal. It's just noise, no tune. Thrash is the best Metal!

See, this is what I don't like. People who say "death metal" is just noise. Especially when you like thrash metal, which isn't too far removed from death metal. Another misconception is that Death metal is just Death metal. There are many subgenres which sound very different from the bands like Cannibal Corpse that many people associate solely with the genre. There's Technical death metal, Progressive death metal, Symphonic death metal, and even Melodic death metal, as contradictory as that may sound.

You can't tell me that this is "just noise".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K003TNG40P8
---
HG FC: 2409 2404 4947
I <3 you.
#29SEA_Posted 11/26/2012 3:22:59 PM
FutureShockUK posted...

what a dumb thing to say
---
Chargers, Padres, Clippers, SDSU
#30The_UnimperfectPosted 11/26/2012 3:36:47 PM
Needs:

Meshuggah
Necrophagist
Immortal
---
GT: The Unimperfect