please, please, please change the chases *GTA4 spoilers*

#1forrestzK08Posted 11/19/2012 8:41:52 PM
Some of them are ridiculous they're so heavily scripted! If I shoot a guy on a bike 50 times that should be it I don't want to have to keep up with people half way across the map when I should be able to just shoot them and end it right then and there. When you have to chase down Pegarino after he kills Kate was probably one of the worst. Why must I take the bike? Why not the boat or why not just let Roman and Jacob follow him in the helicopter and catch up at my leasuire? Most importantly why can't I just shoot him while he runs away on the docks or RPG his boat? All the scripting of the chases really brought the game down IMO.
---
Just remember when you are correcting someone's grammar that no one likes you.
#2cheese_game619Posted 11/19/2012 8:45:37 PM
the game is easy enough as it is, you need a bit of scripting sometimes to enjoy the whole mission
---
http://i.imgur.com/z68cb.png
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m070ogasVv1qeewbgo2_500.jpg
#3VarcausPosted 11/19/2012 8:49:55 PM
forrestzK08 posted...
Some of them are ridiculous they're so heavily scripted! If I shoot a guy on a bike 50 times that should be it I don't want to have to keep up with people half way across the map when I should be able to just shoot them and end it right then and there. When you have to chase down Pegarino after he kills Kate was probably one of the worst. Why must I take the bike? Why not the boat or why not just let Roman and Jacob follow him in the helicopter and catch up at my leasuire? Most importantly why can't I just shoot him while he runs away on the docks or RPG his boat? All the scripting of the chases really brought the game down IMO.

After some of these missions I've noticed that even the traffic is prescripted, or else WEIRD coincidence that there was a bus on a bridge at the same place 4 or so times in a row...
#4Mr MustachioPosted 11/19/2012 8:52:51 PM
Couldn't agree more. That was one of the few things in GTA IV I really hated,
---
#5gamefreek4444Posted 11/19/2012 8:55:19 PM
Yeah...some scripted car chases were pretty sloppy, and there were a few too many in the game. I enjoyed the randomness of car chases in the previous games.
#6DarkLordMorsulPosted 11/19/2012 8:56:56 PM
Varcaus posted...
forrestzK08 posted...

After some of these missions I've noticed that even the traffic is prescripted, or else WEIRD coincidence that there was a bus on a bridge at the same place 4 or so times in a row...

It is A bus pulls infront of you or near the beginning Darden the trashtruck blocks the road etc...

You can kill Faustin's daughter's boyfriend pretty early on though and at least one of the two bikers in that subway mission.

I do agree though. A bit too much scripting....
---
Skit Tells is Really good
#7cheese_game619Posted 11/19/2012 9:02:13 PM
and at least one of the two bikers in that subway mission.

yeah you can only kill the fat biker but that chase is awesome
---
http://i.imgur.com/z68cb.png
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m070ogasVv1qeewbgo2_500.jpg
#8SteamsterPosted 11/19/2012 9:47:00 PM
I believe the campaign should be structured and relatively linear.

If you want to do what you want, it should be outside of the plot.