The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Anyone else never finish a GTA game?

#1SchmemanPosted 11/20/2012 3:28:01 AM
I've played them all since III but never can seem to finish them. I always get bored about half way through the plot and just end up fooling around the city (until I eventually get bored of that and stop playing). Anyone else the same way?
---
Alex
#2cheese_game619Posted 11/20/2012 3:45:50 AM
i dont understand why you would be interested in knowing this
---
http://i.imgur.com/z68cb.png
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m070ogasVv1qeewbgo2_500.jpg
#3TheCongoPosted 11/20/2012 3:53:05 AM
Imo if someone doesn't play through the stories they are not a true GTA fan.
#4Schmeman(Topic Creator)Posted 11/20/2012 3:53:41 AM
You don't need to understand; you only need to comply!
---
Alex
#5SteamsterPosted 11/20/2012 4:00:38 AM
TheCongo posted...

Don't confuse "enthusiast" with "fan." Fan can be casual, or whatever. It's not a big deal.

I myself always finish GTA games. I can't stand unstructured sandbox game play.
#6TheCongoPosted 11/20/2012 4:02:19 AM
Steamster posted...
TheCongo posted...

Don't confuse "enthusiast" with "fan." Fan can be casual, or whatever. It's not a big deal.

Your are right, but too much of GTA's charm and uniqueness is revolved around the missions. Without the missions I would be bored after 3 hours. Without the missions it is just a playground, no different than Saints Row...
#7Schmeman(Topic Creator)Posted 11/20/2012 4:05:35 AM
I don't really care if you think I'm a true fan or not, I bought the games, enjoyed them for a good amount of time, and then stopped playing them. Whatever, they're just games. I don't tell people they're not Shenmue fans because they don't use buy toy capsules, or not Banjo-Kazooie fans because they don't collect every music note, or not Panzer Dragoon fans because they don't play on the hardest difficulty, or not Knights of the Old Republic fans because they don't romance Bastila, or not Metal Gear fans because they skip the cutscenes, or not Majora's Mask fans because they prefer not to get every mask...

... *ahem*

What were we talking about?

Oh yeah, games... whatever.
---
Alex
#8Jas_PataPosted 11/20/2012 4:09:15 AM
TheCongo posted...
Steamster posted...
TheCongo posted...

Your are right, but too much of GTA's charm and uniqueness is revolved around the missions. Without the missions I would be bored after 3 hours. Without the missions it is just a playground, no different than Saints Row...

If, without the missions, you would get bored after 3 hours than perhaps you aren't a "true fan" of the game, or even a "true fan" of the open world genre.
---
aka - Nah Tso Gud
#9chakramstrikePosted 11/20/2012 4:22:47 AM
The only one I ever really finished was GTA3. I played Vice City up until you started recruiting people for your heist or whatever and you had to race against the guy that had a better and faster car than you. I could never finish it so I kindly gave up in tabor of final fantasy x and x-2. I then tried my hand at San Andreas and got to San Fierro then kinda moved on again. I have them all except the first and second game and Chinatown wars. I have never beat them but I do pick up grad 4 every once in a while.
Don't get me wrong I love these games there is just so much to do in them you cant help but get overwhelmed.
---
GTs: 360 - Chakramstrike; PS3 - yunalesca26
#10SiLVeR_420Posted 11/20/2012 4:34:09 AM
I can't say for 1&2 because I've never played them.
The same for Chinatown one

But every other GTA game I have completed.
Except Vice City Stories...I just didn't like that game one bit.
---
Gamertag- youngSiLVeRstar
Forgive the name.