Rockstar North: Allow players to own property in GTA V

#1SnapNtap12345Posted 11/21/2012 12:18:27 PM
The ability to own in-game property has been a pivotal element of GTA ever since Vice City first introduced it, and when the first GTA V trailer hinted at this feature, fans across the globe have all aniticipated its return.

Sadly, Rockstar has recently announced the absence of this feature in the final product, and this has upset far more fans than I think they initially expected. Let's help them redeem their fanbase. Let's convince them to include one of the key features that makes GTA so great.

I've started an online petition, who knows how effective it can be but it's at least worth a shot. If you feel the same as I do about Rockstar's decision to omit this feature from the game, please take about 5 seconds to sign this petition.

http://www.change.org/en-CA/petitions/rockstar-north-allow-players-to-own-property-in-gta-v
#2Dusk_Posted 11/21/2012 12:22:46 PM
No.jpg
#3Dr_MojoPosted 11/21/2012 12:31:14 PM
Has there ever been a change.org petition that has ever succeeded?

I actually support this sentiment 100% but honestly the use of that site as a venue kind of delegitimizes it a little. I have some friends that work in local governments and they get a laugh whenever someone forwards them a petition from change.org related to some government thing.
#4TheBestFallerPosted 11/21/2012 12:40:01 PM
Yeah, screw new ideas, we want the same old vanilla again!!! Do it, R*, or else I'm cancelling my pre-order.
---
I store dead bodies all up under my house and every night I hear them runnin' they mouths.
#5bish0p2004Posted 11/21/2012 12:53:37 PM(edited)
TheBestFaller posted...
Yeah, screw new ideas, we want the same old vanilla again!!! Do it, R*, or else I'm cancelling my pre-order.

What new idea? The idea not to include a feature that has been in the game since VC? They already put that idea in GTA 3.
#6TheBestFallerPosted 11/21/2012 1:31:58 PM
bish0p2004 posted...
TheBestFaller posted...

What new idea? The idea not to include a feature that has been in the game since VC? They already put that idea in GTA 3.

The new idea of ways to spend money. The GI article claimed there would be much more to do with money, from the begining all the way to endgame, but since there's no property, any idea they've got is automatically horrible, right?
---
I store dead bodies all up under my house and every night I hear them runnin' they mouths.
#7MenuWarsPosted 11/21/2012 1:34:19 PM
I enjoy having places to call my own in sandbox worlds because it makes me feel like I've made some progress/have something to show for all the crap I've been doing. However, unless there's more interactivity within these places, the businesses especially if they make them available to buy. A sort of micromanagement option you can partake in or not. It's all a bit useless really, once you've bought it all, that's all there is to it and I almost never go back there again.

More interactivity please.
---
A Troll is a Troll, unless it's an ugly Giant.
~Troll Cannibalism 101~
#8TheBestFallerPosted 11/21/2012 1:38:24 PM
MenuWars posted...
I enjoy having places to call my own in sandbox worlds because it makes me feel like I've made some progress/have something to show for all the crap I've been doing. However, unless there's more interactivity within these places, the businesses especially if they make them available to buy. A sort of micromanagement option you can partake in or not. It's all a bit useless really, once you've bought it all, that's all there is to it and I almost never go back there again.

More interactivity please.

This. I'd care more about losing them if they actually served some purpose.
---
#9LordPonchoPosted 11/21/2012 1:57:10 PM
A game this far along in the dev cycle isn't have features added. You're far too late to make a petition. And that would matter if petitions actually worked.
---
"lol der was a shdow on my carpet but ti looked like a stane and tried to clen it up but ti was a shadoow" -Ghost4800
#10gen0c1de420Posted 11/21/2012 2:02:30 PM
I'd lol if you could "rent" properties......It'd be a dirty play on words, you can't buy, but you could rent. I mean it kinda makes sense, Michael doesn't need to buy property, he has maybe the nicest mansion in LS, Trevor and his lifestyle would not be able to afford to buy a place and Franklin doesn't seem like he would settle down. IMO maybe we can rent?
---
---aliens and the government cant read messages with dashes infront of them it confuses there softwear and makes it ignore them--tzar_666
GT R1cky Rampag3