why rockstar why

#1shinobisBACKPosted 11/21/2012 12:32:50 PM
why do you fail to understand that to make the ultimate gta game you take all the things that worked and were awesome about the previous trilogy, improve on them, and then add whatever new awesome ideas that work into the game as well? why is this really such a hard eureka moment to realize? thats exactly what you did with every iteration in the original trilogy, has it changed hands too much since then that this has been forgotten?

game looks cool but really disappointed that they are still leaving so many things out.
#2CruorComaPosted 11/21/2012 1:50:31 PM
Because "things that worked and were awesome about the previous trilogy" are purely subjective. What you consider awesome ideas, many consider arbitrary fluff.
---
If you have a problem with potheads, throw your computer out the window right now. Why should you be able leech off the creativity of those you condemn?
#3LordPonchoPosted 11/21/2012 1:55:29 PM
ITT: TC has a time machine.
---
"lol der was a shdow on my carpet but ti looked like a stane and tried to clen it up but ti was a shadoow" -Ghost4800
#4nativenginePosted 11/21/2012 2:32:14 PM
Do you want a whineacin to go with that whaaaburger and French cries?
---
Vegetarian- an old Indian word meaning bad hunter
"Anderson should face two people next time, he's that good"
#5shinobisBACK(Topic Creator)Posted 11/21/2012 2:54:29 PM
CruorComa posted...
Because "things that worked and were awesome about the previous trilogy" are purely subjective. What you consider awesome ideas, many consider arbitrary fluff.

just from glancing at the other topics on the board, i already see alot of people wondering why they took out certain things that people enjoyed about the earlier games. call it subjective if you want, but i have never seen anyone complain about most of the things rockstar used to put in gta... gta4 had people complaining about all kinds of boring crap they added in, you would think that rockstar would have noticed this and tried to pull out all the stops for #5...
#6Ki_cat_Posted 11/21/2012 3:08:13 PM
I agree with your point; "why fix what isn't broken?"

What's exactly missing though? So far I see the return of a lot of SA stuff like quads, jets etc. I see rampages missing but I personally never cared.

Please elaborate upon what you feel needs to be brought back. It's most likely back. Did I mention there's not useless dating system?
---
People are afraid of what they don't understand.
#7sal9e3sPosted 11/21/2012 3:09:41 PM
TC, you've yet to give an example of what you're talking about.
---
GT - Super Drunk Guy
#8CruorComaPosted 11/21/2012 3:12:35 PM
But despite people complaining about all kinds of boring crap

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/634491-grand-theft-auto-v/64650032

The people complaining are a part of a minority half. Would it not make sense for Rockstar to continue in the direction of the title more people preferred?
---
If you have a problem with potheads, throw your computer out the window right now. Why should you be able leech off the creativity of those you condemn?
#9Mentalpatient87Posted 11/21/2012 5:45:19 PM
I'd take your game design ideas into more consideration if you could write above a 4th grade level.
---
"Star bringing purple! Star bringing yorbel! STOP BRINGING YORBEL! STOP RINGING YOUR BELL!"
#10RossardPosted 11/21/2012 7:02:58 PM
Actually, most of the key creative people working on GTA V have been around since GTA III. So no, it hasn't really changed hands.

Anyways, what is it that seems to have you so upset? You haven't actually said much of anything in either of your posts in here.
---
http://www.last.fm/user/LeftCoastRyda/