why rockstar why

#41MUD VIPERPosted 11/27/2012 12:14:37 PM
Message board activity =! Quality of game. Congrats on your failed logic, though.

Didn't say anything about the quality of the game, merely pointing out that peoples "opinions" are low about it. When the history of the previous games message boards activity prove otherwise, its not a failed logic. Nice selective posting though.

I know anytime this point is brought up its met with replies like yours, replies that ignore the facts because it proves their opinions wrong. When people are having fun with the game it stays in the top 10, when they are not it doesn't, much like SA is still in the top 10 of the PS2 board till this day. Try again.
---
Console bug testing has been outsourced to gamers now. For $60 you too can become a game tester.
#42LordPonchoPosted 11/27/2012 12:28:25 PM
Your opinion is not fact. Video games have exploded this generation. There's a larger audience making for a larger disparity. In the PS2's era, AAA releases were few and far between. Now, you get several a month. And then there's the casual market, which is larger than the core. They cling to things like CoD, and therefore nudge things that stayed in the top ten in previous generations off the top.

Of course, your fanboyism blinds you to true facts.
---
"lol der was a shdow on my carpet but ti looked like a stane and tried to clen it up but ti was a shadoow" -Ghost4800
#43bish0p2004Posted 11/27/2012 1:15:42 PM
Howatizer posted...
I find it surprising that there are people who thought GTA 4 was better than SA... Aside from GTA 4 looking prettier and having some more physics, i felt that GTA4 was actually a big step back in many areas.

I enjoyed the huge map, planes, work out system, building up guns/driving/flying... it felt like your character actually evolved over the course of the game and had a much more epic story overall.

GTA4 was decent but just felt so....shallow by comparison and I preferred the more arcadey style of driving in SA.

I believe it has to do with people not liking the gangsta theme in SA...especially on sites like this. Most people that visit these boards seem to be metalheads and hipsters so it explains quite a bit.
#44nativenginePosted 11/27/2012 1:32:56 PM
bish0p2004 posted...
Howatizer posted...
I find it surprising that there are people who thought GTA 4 was better than SA... Aside from GTA 4 looking prettier and having some more physics, i felt that GTA4 was actually a big step back in many areas.

I enjoyed the huge map, planes, work out system, building up guns/driving/flying... it felt like your character actually evolved over the course of the game and had a much more epic story overall.

GTA4 was decent but just felt so....shallow by comparison and I preferred the more arcadey style of driving in SA.

I believe it has to do with people not liking the gangsta theme in SA...especially on sites like this. Most people that visit these boards seem to be metalheads and hipsters so it explains quite a bit.

Not I, in fact I was stoked about the gangsta theme. My dislike of SA comes from many things. Graphics were just awful, even for ps2. The story starts out good but spins wildly outta control real quick. The turf wars got tedious, seemed as soon as you were going to do something a turf was under attack. Overuse of 69, Sex toy as a weapon, clown costume, gimp suit and other just dumb clothing options. The RPG elements made little sense. The glitches really killed it for me. Falling off a curb and not getting back up, cars bumping into me and sitting there just watching CJ die, planes falling outta the sky and sooo many more glitches. Things it did get right weren't enough for me to like the game. I did like the soundtrack but that's about where it ends for me
---
Vegetarian- an old Indian word meaning bad hunter
"Anderson should face two people next time, he's that good"
#45MUD VIPERPosted 11/27/2012 1:41:19 PM
Your opinion is not fact.

Games that people have fun with and are very popular do to said fun remain in the top 10 for long periods of time. This is especially true for the GTA series. Its not an opinion it is a fact.

Video games have exploded this generation. There's a larger audience making for a larger disparity. In the PS2's era, AAA releases were few and far between. Now, you get several a month.

Actually they have not exploded if anything this gen is smaller than the previous. Stating we several AAA titles a month this gen is an "opinion" and a pretty ill founded one to boot.

And then there's the casual market, which is larger than the core. They cling to things like CoD, and therefore nudge things that stayed in the top ten in previous generations off the top.

GTA's fanbase is just as casual as COD if not more so. COD, HALO, etc, etc stay in the top 10 because they are popular and fun to a large part of the gamefaqs community and other community's who have their own top 10.

Says the GTA IV apologist. FYI learn the meaning of the word "opinion" and when its appropriate to use it. Because you claim the facts I presented are "opinion" then you go off on a tirade of nothing but opinions. Then you claim your opinions are "true facts", Its rather moronic.
---
Console bug testing has been outsourced to gamers now. For $60 you too can become a game tester.
#46LordPonchoPosted 11/27/2012 3:01:29 PM
MUD VIPER posted...
Your opinion is not fact.

Games that people have fun with and are very popular do to said fun remain in the top 10 for long periods of time. This is especially true for the GTA series. Its not an opinion it is a fact.

Video games have exploded this generation. There's a larger audience making for a larger disparity. In the PS2's era, AAA releases were few and far between. Now, you get several a month.

Actually they have not exploded if anything this gen is smaller than the previous. Stating we several AAA titles a month this gen is an "opinion" and a pretty ill founded one to boot.

And then there's the casual market, which is larger than the core. They cling to things like CoD, and therefore nudge things that stayed in the top ten in previous generations off the top.

GTA's fanbase is just as casual as COD if not more so. COD, HALO, etc, etc stay in the top 10 because they are popular and fun to a large part of the gamefaqs community and other community's who have their own top 10.

Says the GTA IV apologist. FYI learn the meaning of the word "opinion" and when its appropriate to use it. Because you claim the facts I presented are "opinion" then you go off on a tirade of nothing but opinions. Then you claim your opinions are "true facts", Its rather moronic.

Is it just me, or are you confusing fact with opinion? Everything that's your opinion is just that.

The biggest thing that makes you look like an idiot is saying this generation has shrunk and AAA releases are opinion.

A. You see games releasing and selling more copies in a week than most last-gen titles did in their lifetime.

B. AAA isn't an opinion. It's a label for high budget, high profile titles. That's not something that can be opinion based.
---
"lol der was a shdow on my carpet but ti looked like a stane and tried to clen it up but ti was a shadoow" -Ghost4800
#47MUD VIPERPosted 11/27/2012 5:23:45 PM
Is it just me, or are you confusing fact with opinion? Everything that's your opinion is just that.

GTA IV fell from the top 10 message board for ALL 3 platforms a few months after its release, that is not an opinion turbo that is a fact! R* had youtube pull tons of videos showing gaming stores flooded with "returned" copies of the game shortly after release, again turbo that is not an opinion that is a fact.

The biggest thing that makes you look like an idiot is saying this generation has shrunk and AAA releases are opinion.

A simple person like you calling me an idiot, lol please believe me turbo when I tell you that is some very funny irony. This gen has shrunk, go do the research and yes turbo saying we have several AAA title released every month this gen is an opinion, and a very stupid one at that. I never said AAA games do not release. Read much?

A. You see games releasing and selling more copies in a week than most last-gen titles did in their lifetime.

1. They are counting the copies sold to retailers and adding in the pre orders to that number( something that was not practiced last gen, if it was you would see no difference this gen). Neither of which mean this gen is bigger. PC mag reported last month I believe that console games sales were down tremendously. Again turbo, certain games will always sale big and those games come once maybe twice a year and should not be used by anyone with the intellect of a rock to measure the size of this gen.

B. AAA isn't an opinion. It's a label for high budget, high profile titles. That's not something that can be opinion based.

I never said AAA games were an opinion, I said SEVERAL AAA games releasing EVERY MONTH is an opinion and a stupid one at that, man you are bright one. However I'll humor you, even by your meaning you are still wrong and it is still an opinion. By your opinion and logic COD, GOW, HALO, GTA, etc are the AAA titles of this gen....now turbo are those games getting released every month....several a month? No they are not, therefore like I said your original reply is an opinion and a stupid one.

FYI, AAA titles being plenty this gen compared to last is also a very stupid way to measure this gen turbo. The cost for developing games has gone up significantly compared to last gen not to mention advertising cost. So, Try again.
---
#48CruorComaPosted 11/27/2012 6:05:56 PM
I specifically remember IV still being in the top 10 gamefaqs board in mid 2010.
---
If you have a problem with potheads, throw your computer out the window right now. Why should you be able leech off the creativity of those you condemn?
#49VarcausPosted 11/27/2012 6:09:42 PM
shinobisBACK posted...
why do you fail to understand that to make the ultimate gta game you take all the things that worked and were awesome about the previous trilogy, improve on them, and then add whatever new awesome ideas that work into the game as well? why is this really such a hard eureka moment to realize? thats exactly what you did with every iteration in the original trilogy, has it changed hands too much since then that this has been forgotten?

game looks cool but really disappointed that they are still leaving so many things out.

Rockstar GTA V and Microsoft Windows 8 'for dummies' are a prima facie case of diarrhea of the mouth; constipation of the ideas.
#50LordPonchoPosted 11/28/2012 8:50:07 AM
MUD VIPER posted...

GTA IV fell from the top 10 message board for ALL 3 platforms a few months after its release, that is not an opinion turbo that is a fact! R* had youtube pull tons of videos showing gaming stores flooded with "returned" copies of the game shortly after release, again turbo that is not an opinion that is a fact.

A simple person like you calling me an idiot, lol please believe me turbo when I tell you that is some very funny irony. This gen has shrunk, go do the research and yes turbo saying we have several AAA title released every month this gen is an opinion, and a very stupid one at that. I never said AAA games do not release. Read much?

1. They are counting the copies sold to retailers and adding in the pre orders to that number( something that was not practiced last gen, if it was you would see no difference this gen). Neither of which mean this gen is bigger. PC mag reported last month I believe that console games sales were down tremendously. Again turbo, certain games will always sale big and those games come once maybe twice a year and should not be used by anyone with the intellect of a rock to measure the size of this gen.

I never said AAA games were an opinion, I said SEVERAL AAA games releasing EVERY MONTH is an opinion and a stupid one at that, man you are bright one. However I'll humor you, even by your meaning you are still wrong and it is still an opinion. By your opinion and logic COD, GOW, HALO, GTA, etc are the AAA titles of this gen....now turbo are those games getting released every month....several a month? No they are not, therefore like I said your original reply is an opinion and a stupid one.

FYI, AAA titles being plenty this gen compared to last is also a very stupid way to measure this gen turbo. The cost for developing games has gone up significantly compared to last gen not to mention advertising cost. So, Try again.

Ironic how a simple google search for your claims about the youtube videos returns nothing of the sort. Sounds like made up claims.

And, again, if you want to claim the game industry has shrunk despite it's value booming, sales booming (by the way, the way sales numbers have been recorded hasn't changed whatsoever, nor does your method make any logical sense).

Console sales are down because we're winding down on this generation. People have the consoles, and are ready for something new. Happens at the end of every generation.

Trying to validate your infactual "facts" by calling me simple doesn't make you right. If anything, it makes you look more wrong than you already are. Speaking of which, I never called you an idiot, I said you look like one.

AAA titles aren't only COD, GOW, GTA, etc. There's Mario releases, Pokemon, Batman titles, Far Cry 3 coming, Assassin's Creed, Mass Effect, any Star Wars title, Medal of Honor, Max Payne, Forza, Gran Turismo, Hitman, any of EA's sports titles, The Sims, Total War series, Civ series, Borderlands, oh man, the list could go on and on. These aren't opinions. Whether you like them or not doesn't determine if they're AAA releases.

This generation has blown up, and you're completely and utterly ignorant if you think otherwise.
---