why rockstar why

#51MUD VIPERPosted 11/28/2012 10:27:19 AM
Ironic how a simple google search for your claims about the youtube videos returns nothing of the sort. Sounds like made up claims.

LOL, no it isn't ironic, its business as usual. Why would you find anything in google? Its not like it was reported by any gaming site. Shortlt after the release the youtube links were being posted quite a bit around here.

And, again, if you want to claim the game industry has shrunk despite it's value booming, sales booming (by the way, the way sales numbers have been recorded hasn't changed whatsoever, nor does your method make any logical sense).

It makes perfect sense, if you understand business. Again "some" games will sale a lot and don't need little tricks like adding the retailers orders to inflate their numbers. However those games are few and far between.

Console sales are down because we're winding down on this generation. People have the consoles, and are ready for something new. Happens at the end of every generation.

I'm not talking about console sales, lots of people by consoles for reasons other than gaming what with them being multi media machines and all.

Trying to validate your infactual "facts" by calling me simple doesn't make you right. If anything, it makes you look more wrong than you already are. Speaking of which, I never called you an idiot, I said you look like one.

You simply saying "nu uh" doesn't make me wrong. Implying I look like an idiot is the same as calling me an idiot, me calling you simple has nothing to do with validating my facts, they validated themselves a long time ago.

AAA titles aren't only COD, GOW, GTA, etc. There's Mario releases, Pokemon, Batman titles, Far Cry 3 coming, Assassin's Creed, Mass Effect, any Star Wars title, Medal of Honor, Max Payne, Forza, Gran Turismo, Hitman, any of EA's sports titles, The Sims, Total War series, Civ series, Borderlands, oh man, the list could go on and on. These aren't opinions. Whether you like them or not doesn't determine if they're AAA releases.

See that bold part of your reply? It was also in my reply. Do you know what it means? Obviously you don't or you wouldn't have had to start posting titles. Again you seem to be arguing with yourself I'll bold the next part of my reply and try to make it more simple. I never disputed the existence of AAA titles nor did I claim any title in particular was NOT AAA! What I did say is that your "opinion" that we get several AAA titles a month this gen is just that, an opinion

This generation has blown up, and you're completely and utterly ignorant if you think otherwise.

For certain games? Absolutely. But the generation as a whole, no and you are ignorant if you think otherwise.
---
Console bug testing has been outsourced to gamers now. For $60 you too can become a game tester.
#52LordPonchoPosted 11/28/2012 4:25:00 PM
MUD VIPER posted...
Ironic how a simple google search for your claims about the youtube videos returns nothing of the sort. Sounds like made up claims.

LOL, no it isn't ironic, its business as usual. Why would you find anything in google? Its not like it was reported by any gaming site. Shortlt after the release the youtube links were being posted quite a bit around here.

And, again, if you want to claim the game industry has shrunk despite it's value booming, sales booming (by the way, the way sales numbers have been recorded hasn't changed whatsoever, nor does your method make any logical sense).

It makes perfect sense, if you understand business. Again "some" games will sale a lot and don't need little tricks like adding the retailers orders to inflate their numbers. However those games are few and far between.

Console sales are down because we're winding down on this generation. People have the consoles, and are ready for something new. Happens at the end of every generation.

I'm not talking about console sales, lots of people by consoles for reasons other than gaming what with them being multi media machines and all.

Trying to validate your infactual "facts" by calling me simple doesn't make you right. If anything, it makes you look more wrong than you already are. Speaking of which, I never called you an idiot, I said you look like one.

You simply saying "nu uh" doesn't make me wrong. Implying I look like an idiot is the same as calling me an idiot, me calling you simple has nothing to do with validating my facts, they validated themselves a long time ago.

AAA titles aren't only COD, GOW, GTA, etc. There's Mario releases, Pokemon, Batman titles, Far Cry 3 coming, Assassin's Creed, Mass Effect, any Star Wars title, Medal of Honor, Max Payne, Forza, Gran Turismo, Hitman, any of EA's sports titles, The Sims, Total War series, Civ series, Borderlands, oh man, the list could go on and on. These aren't opinions. Whether you like them or not doesn't determine if they're AAA releases.

See that bold part of your reply? It was also in my reply. Do you know what it means? Obviously you don't or you wouldn't have had to start posting titles. Again you seem to be arguing with yourself I'll bold the next part of my reply and try to make it more simple. I never disputed the existence of AAA titles nor did I claim any title in particular was NOT AAA! What I did say is that your "opinion" that we get several AAA titles a month this gen is just that, an opinion

This generation has blown up, and you're completely and utterly ignorant if you think otherwise.

For certain games? Absolutely. But the generation as a whole, no and you are ignorant if you think otherwise.

The whole industry has blown up. Call of Duty went from niche to best selling. Same with Warcraft. Minecraft ignited the indie scene and showed anybody can make a simple idea into a million dollar franchise. (Angry Birds well). Online multiplayer has expanded from a couple hundred tjousand on PC to millions oon consoles. 500k subs for an MMO is no longer considered a success. Motion control has made things more accessible.

The industry has exploded, there's millions more involved now than in 2005 (look at any chart detailing sales trends).

To me, it seems you think since things are lower quality, it means less are vested in it. Not true.
---
"lol der was a shdow on my carpet but ti looked like a stane and tried to clen it up but ti was a shadoow" -Ghost4800
#53madninjaskillzzPosted 11/29/2012 9:24:20 PM
VIper is right. About all those things. I recall seeing massive amounts of that flop game being returned because I had a great laugh about it.

Stop apologizing for that trash game, or I swear I'll send a fat, sweaty, incompetent Eastern European to your house for bowling while you're in the middle of an important goddamn task. I.E. looking for something fun to do in this pisspot hollow world that is GTA:IV

People are right to be skeptical. GTA:IV was a shell of what made the series great. The protagonist was painfully terrible, his clothing sucked BALLS, no garage system, I could go on. To every GTA:IV apologist who says the game was good and everyone loved it, I say SAINTS ROW 2 and the massive praise it received from GTA defectors who were lied to and crapped on by IV!
---
Eurogamer - 10/10, IGN - 9/10, Game Informer - 9/10, EGM - 10/10 : Far Cry 3. SUCK it Treyarch.
#54BetelJoosePosted 11/29/2012 9:50:27 PM
madninjaskillzz posted...
VIper is right. About all those things.

http://pbskids.org/arthur/games/factsopinions/factsopinions.html

I swear I'll send a fat, sweaty, incompetent Eastern European to your house for bowling while you're in the middle of an important goddamn task.

I'm sorry for what GTA IV had done to your mental state, now be a man of your word and send that man my way.

GTA:IV was a shell of what made the series great.The protagonist was painfully terrible, his clothing sucked BALLS,

Do you have proof to back up this claim?

no garage system,

I agree, New York City is lacking in garages for individual apartment tenants.

I say SAINTS ROW 2 and the massive praise it received from GTA defectors who were lied to and crapped on by IV!

I think you spelled "defecators" wrong, make sure you wash yourself thoroughly after your "crap play time."
#55LordPonchoPosted 11/29/2012 11:21:46 PM
VIper is right. About all those things. I recall seeing massive amounts of that flop game being returned because I had a great laugh about it.

Stop apologizing for that trash game, or I swear I'll send a fat, sweaty, incompetent Eastern European to your house for bowling while you're in the middle of an important goddamn task. I.E. looking for something fun to do in this pisspot hollow world that is GTA:IV

People are right to be skeptical. GTA:IV was a shell of what made the series great. The protagonist was painfully terrible, his clothing sucked BALLS, no garage system, I could go on. To every GTA:IV apologist who says the game was good and everyone loved it, I say SAINTS ROW 2 and the massive praise it received from GTA defectors who were lied to and crapped on by IV!

Look! An alt for viper!
---
"lol der was a shdow on my carpet but ti looked like a stane and tried to clen it up but ti was a shadoow" -Ghost4800
#56MrSmileySmilePosted 11/30/2012 4:54:52 AM
Incidentally I think the off kilter guy might just be the reintroduction of Rampage missions.
---
I used to play Battletoads on a 2" B&W TV w/ no sound & a half broken controller in 10' of snow uphill both ways! You kids don't know what hard is!
#57Pr3dat0r23Posted 11/30/2012 6:08:32 AM
nativengine posted...
Do you want a whineacin to go with that whaaaburger and French cries?

LOL!
---
its only a matter of time before a cop runs over a bunch of pedestrians and unloads a hundred rounds
into a suspect then blames his actions on playing GTA.
#58Mentalpatient87Posted 11/30/2012 6:44:24 AM
http://i617.photobucket.com/albums/tt260/goshogun9/Stop-liking-what-I-dont-like.jpg

No.
---
"Star bringing purple! Star bringing yorbel! STOP BRINGING YORBEL! STOP RINGING YOUR BELL!"
#59LordPonchoPosted 11/30/2012 10:10:58 AM
Mentalpatient87 posted...
http://i617.photobucket.com/albums/tt260/goshogun9/Stop-liking-what-I-dont-like.jpg

No.

This could be said abou Viper too.

"Hurrr youtube videos were pulled, but there's no mention anywhere on the net, not even forums, about it so you'll just have to trust my word."

Doesn't work that way.
---