We all respect SA more than 4

#61Carpet_Head(Topic Creator)Posted 11/22/2012 7:54:22 PM
I just don't understand how you can think 4 was better.

It was better at gunplay and driving, graphics were better but the structure of the game, the infrastructure if you will(shops, muscle, eating, upgrading guns, side missions, etc) completely made the difference.

The only thing I can do in gta 4 for fun is shoot people because besides that there isn't barely anything else built into the game for me to play with.
---
TC has alzheimer.
Just one alzheimer?
#62TRC187Posted 11/22/2012 7:55:19 PM
creep50 posted...
TRC187 posted...
Please humor me Creep... How is it ironic? Do tell.

telling people that you act like a 15 year old....and then tell him to ´´go get some friends´´

thats not irony

Pretty sure I said that you act like a 15 yr old, yes.. I said that.

Yes, I also said that YOU should go make some friends, 15 yr old friends.. Stop posting on a board for a game that you aren't even legally old enough to play without your mother's consent.

Yes, I said all that. There is no irony there.

Anything else?
#63TRC187Posted 11/22/2012 8:03:20 PM
Carpet_Head posted...

It was better at gunplay and driving, graphics were better but the structure of the game, the infrastructure if you will(shops, muscle, eating, upgrading guns, side missions, etc) completely made the difference.

The only thing I can do in gta 4 for fun is shoot people because besides that there isn't barely anything else built into the game for me to play with.

Did you just say muscle? As if that was a determining factor in your choice of what game is better?

And, the fact that you had to eat was more of an annoyance than anything.

Gunplay and driving pretty much define a GTA game. Therefore, yes, that is another reason why I liked IV more.

I don't understand how a person would prefer a game with cardboard cut-out physics over ragdoll physics, it was 10000x more fun running people over and shooting people in IV.. I still laugh when I play it. With SA? Not so much.
#64Mentalpatient87Posted 11/22/2012 8:04:26 PM
You know you're my best frenemy, Ponch. High five.
---
"Star bringing purple! Star bringing yorbel! STOP BRINGING YORBEL! STOP RINGING YOUR BELL!"
#65creep50Posted 11/22/2012 8:07:24 PM
TRC187 posted...
creep50 posted...
TRC187 posted...
Please humor me Creep... How is it ironic? Do tell.

telling people that you act like a 15 year old....and then tell him to ´´go get some friends´´

thats not irony

Pretty sure I said that you act like a 15 yr old, yes.. I said that.

Yes, I also said that YOU should go make some friends, 15 yr old friends.. Stop posting on a board for a game that you aren't even legally old enough to play without your mother's consent.

Yes, I said all that. There is no irony there.

Anything else?

lol when you logic falls apart insult people on the internet....call them to young

nobb no irony there,,,,alot of hypocrisy tho....its funny ...you are now 10 year old and therefor i am 5 years older than you...go play plamo
---
San Andreas > > > > > > > > >Desert Bus > > > > > > > >GTA 4
#66Sword_of_DuskPosted 11/22/2012 8:13:14 PM
So muscle-building is a part of what makes a game good nowadays? Heaven forbid TC ever goes into game design.
---
"The angels have the phone box".
#67creep50Posted 11/22/2012 8:21:43 PM
TC puts muscle building as one of many examples gta if SA had over gta 4...................everyone judges that 1 thing as that was the only feature he mentioned

gamefaqs logic
---
San Andreas > > > > > > > > >Desert Bus > > > > > > > >GTA 4
#68Mentalpatient87Posted 11/22/2012 8:24:06 PM
Carpet_Head posted...

So, the core gameplay was all better, but it was missing tedious minigames and the oft-decried eating mechanic. Somehow that makes it a less respectable game.. Did you really have that much fun tapping X over and over in the gyms? Was valet parking that exciting? Did you feel a rush of adrenaline while completing train missions and driving school?

4 traded out the fluff for much deeper and engaging core mechanics. 5 will add back in the fluff, more than likely. Don't fret, I'm sure there will be something in there to sate your lack of an imagination.
---
"Star bringing purple! Star bringing yorbel! STOP BRINGING YORBEL! STOP RINGING YOUR BELL!"
#69Sword_of_DuskPosted 11/22/2012 8:29:02 PM
Are core mechanics less important than tedious ways to pass time?
---
"The angels have the phone box".
#70Pr3dat0r23Posted 11/22/2012 8:30:11 PM
SA was the greatest GTA game of all time. I have replayed it close to 20 times, yes that is correct. Whereas GTA IV, I could not find the enjoyment of completing the game on the first play.

SA had an epic story, great characters, significant upgrades when compared to the previous GTAs, and overall a fantastic game.
---
its only a matter of time before a cop runs over a bunch of pedestrians and unloads a hundred rounds
into a suspect then blames his actions on playing GTA.