We all respect SA more than 4

#91MUD VIPERPosted 11/22/2012 11:21:45 PM
I swear to god I'm not a dick. I just get so tired of the endless threads of relentless IV bashing for no legitimate reason

Legitimate reasons have been given millions of times since IV launched. Just because you choose to ignore them doesn't make them any less legit.
---
Console bug testing has been outsourced to gamers now. For $60 you too can become a game tester.
#92_172_Posted 11/23/2012 12:20:34 AM
Look, it's real simple ok? IV = for grownups SA = for the kiddies. A 30 year old man who thinks walking around in a low resolution game beating blocky people with a purple **** is fun is probably mentally ill and socially dysfunctional and incapable of living a productive life in society, whereas a 14 year old might be like "hey cool!".
#93creep50Posted 11/23/2012 4:35:25 AM
_172_ posted...
Look, it's real simple ok? IV = for grownups SA = for the kiddies. A 30 year old man who thinks walking around in a low resolution game beating blocky people with a purple **** is fun is probably mentally ill and socially dysfunctional and incapable of living a productive life in society, whereas a 14 year old might be like "hey cool!".

14 year olds that dont judge a game on theyr graphics are VERY rare...

.i have me a 40 year old that never plays games that loved san andreas

so yeah people that call san andreas a game for kiddies clearly lack some imagination
---
San Andreas > > > > > > > > >Desert Bus > > > > > > > >GTA 4
#94Fizzle007Posted 11/23/2012 4:39:55 AM
San Andreas = Amazing
GTA 4 = Amazing
---
Fizzle
#95moogie101Posted 11/23/2012 5:45:00 AM
To this day I am amazed at the level of content in SA.
The map was just huge, & very distinctive. Honestly do not understand the posts here saying how bland the map was, three very different cities & a vast countryside & desert inbetween. Yeah there were issues but for a map that size on Last Gen it was astounding.
Add to that the huge amount of distractions throughout the game & how can you not be impressed.

GTA4 upset some people. Personally I was impressed by the graphical upgrade & it was the first GTA on that technology .
Yeah it took things out & focused more on telling a grownup story more similar to The Getaway over the OTT of say Saints Row & even previous GTA games but that was the decision the company made.
Personally I still enjoyed it for what it was, although i can understand how the stripping of content upset people. If I wanted insanity just played Saints Row.

Looks like GTA5 might be the marriage between both games that the majority of fans have been calling for.
#96TRC187Posted 11/23/2012 1:01:00 PM
Deadpool_FTW posted...
Creep, TRC, you both look like idiots. Lay it to rest, for f***'s sake. Rather than do things like argue over game quality, lets do things like laughing at Jack Thompson or paying hookers to get in your car then driving them off of cliffs.

Pwease.

You're right, childish as hell. Got caught up.
#97heartlessprinnyPosted 11/23/2012 1:19:17 PM
jimbobrulez posted...
Speak for yourself, I find Gta IV to be significantly better. Then again, sa is far more immature so I can't expect anything else from fellow gamefaqs members

Makes an incredibly immature comment, which calls other people immature.
#98puffinslaughterPosted 11/23/2012 1:43:19 PM
it also lacked a good map LC was horrible....everything was just so flat and boring

Yeah, the city of Las Venturas wasn't flat at all and the forest and desert weren't boring.

Also, http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/634491-grand-theft-auto-v/64650032

Can you shut up now?
---
SEEING JACOBY JONES' QUALITY RETURN DONG EXTINGUISH THE STEELERS SPECIAL TEAMS UNIT REMINDS ME THAT OUR UNIT REALLY IS SPECIAL
#99Black_King945Posted 11/23/2012 4:53:50 PM
The best part about some games is that, at the time you play them, they are the best iteration for their time and place.

I started with GTA 2, it was amazing in 2000. I was blown away. Then GTA 3 changed the game, it was a brand new experience. Same with Vice City, SA and GTA IV. They all threw the series on it's side somehow, and, at the time they came out, were the best iterations of GTA.

Going back now, I almost can't play 3-SA, but when they first came out, they were the best game for their time.
---
i5 2500k | Asus P8P67 PRO | 8GB Gskill | ATi 6950 | Corsair 600W
#100AconquererPosted 11/23/2012 5:52:51 PM
SA was better because I was younger. Four was absolutely ridiculous in its level of detail on so many levels. But at that point, after playing every installment of GTA it was just like "Well, ****.."
---
"Thinkin' you bringing that mentality into my galaxy is a fallacy for anyone that battle me."
GT: WARMoses